Disappointed that this hotel did not have a pool. Room was very small and little room around a king sized bed.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
Fantastic staff and impressive customer service. Great breakfast/coffee/light meal bar. Clean and quiet. Shuttle service. Would stay here again.
I've been a constant business traveler for over 15 years now and this hotel had a level of customer service that I have never experienced before.
On a recent trip to MN, we got hit by a snow and ice storm. I got up extra early that day, expecting to have to scrape ice and a layer of snow off my car. Instead, I found that the hotel staff had cleaned the snow and ice off my car for me! I have never experienced that! Kudos ti the staff at the Hampton Inn!
For a short stay and if your business/pleasure is nearby, this conveniently-located Hampton Inn is an adequate property that will provide a clean room, comfortable bed, hot shower, and free breakfast, at a competitive price for the area. For a longer stay or for repeated stays, this property's shortcomings will quickly become apparent and you'll be inclined to seek superior accommodations (at similar price points) nearby/elsewhere.
(1) Friendly and accommodating management and staff who really do work hard to meet guests' requirements, within the constraints of an aging property with aging infrastructure
--> (a) Freshly baked cookies each evening during the workweek, and a manager’s reception (free food provided by a local restaurant) in the lobby every Wednesday evening
(2) Convenient location and competitive price point
(3) Now-Hampton-standard upgraded beds, pillows, and always-fresh bedding
(4) Updated room ventilation systems with thermostat control; 4-season comfort (I’ve stayed here during all 4 seasons)
(5) Attentive breakfast attendant during Mon-Fri workweek; items are always well-stocked and replenished, starting on time at 6AM
(6) Meets expectations for Hampton Inn properties
(1) Property is old and dated, which results in…
--> (a) Outdated floor plan, causing “noisy areas” at various points in the narrow hallways on each floor (near lobby, vending, elevator, and fitness room)
--> (b) Fitness room is merely a converted guest room, with aging equipment
--> (c) The slowest elevator in any building, hotel or otherwise, in the United States (I wish I were kidding)
--> (d) Cramped rooms with less-than-optimal furniture layouts, worn furnishings and fixtures, and small bathrooms; what they call (and charge extra for) a “study” is really the same size as other rooms but with just a fold-out sofa added
--> (e) Plumbing problems in many of the rooms
--> (f) Not enough prep space in the common breakfast area (the attendant’s “kitchen” appears to be a converted storage closet) for some items found at other Hampton properties, and also no microwave available for a guest to use in the breakfast area to heat up food a little more, except in the attendant’s kitchen/closet
(2) Fridges and microwaves for guest rooms are limited to a request basis only, and those on hand are old and sometimes faulty
(3) Unreliable wireless Internet during high-occupancy evening periods during the workweek (this is a recent development; the wireless used to be much more reliable at all times day and night, until a recent “upgrade”)
(4) When the excellent Mon-Fri workweek breakfast attendant is not on duty (weekends, or when she’s on vacation), breakfast is often late, sometimes served cold, and the substitute attendant(s) usually only speak limited English and so it’s hard to make requests or ask for correction of issues
I believe that the basic problem with this Hampton Inn is that it’s just an old and dated property and so there’s only so much that the well-meaning management team can do with it short of gutting the whole place and starting over, combined with the owner/franchisee presumably making a business decision to “coast” on the fact that it’s in such a convenient location and popular brand name that it maintains a high nightly booking percentage (at least on weeknights, and weekends when there are often group bookings), and so does “just enough” good things (see “pros” paragraph above) to keep things moving forward.
Hotel is older but very clean and quiet. Check in was fast. Rooms are comfortable. Good breakfast. This is a good value for the price that I paid. Was cheaper than other hotels in the area. I would stay here again.
The hotel was clean and quiet...except for the next door freeway. It's a little hard to find, as the roads in this area are convoluted.
Quick and competent check in and check out. Breakfast was OK, and there was a staff person attending to the food constantly.
The room was OK, bed was comfortable, bathroom very clean, big flat screen TV.
They also have coffee in the lobby around the clock.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks, Hampton Inn.