“Perfectly... Average”

Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The location is top notch, the lobby and facilities are clean, but what really knocked this hotel down from something better than average, is one thing: Shower pressure. The room we had, it felt like a light mist, and not in a good way. I'm not sure that all rooms are like this, but I can tell you, ours was very weak.

I also felt the hot tub was not at a 105 degrees, but that's just me. I'd stay here again, but now I know exactly how average it is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for the great feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the lack of water pressure in your shower and will make sure to have my Chief Engineer check into this situation. Having good water pressure is very important to most guests as well as myself. We normally don't encounter this type of issue so there may have been a mechanical failure during your time here. Thank you again for the valuable feedback and I hope you'll give us another chance to serve you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed over for a hockey tournament and hotel was very accommodating and front desk clerks were very nice. Allowed us the use of their conference rooms for a place to hang out and not worry about too much noise. Rooms were spacious and clean. Great location with Ihop just down the road. Only downfall were the damn crows above my window that woke me up at 7am!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with the positive feedback about your stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed the meeting room and it worked well for the team. Sorry to hear about the crows.......shouldn't they be somewhere warm this time of year? :)
Thanks again for the feedback and for choosing to stay with us!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights while on business in October and wasn't that impressed. Location was fine, not far from the surburban head office I was visiting, and access to nearby restaurants with my rental car were fairly short drives. Maybe they were walkable, but weather was poor while I was there.

The room was ok, although I wanted Queen/King and got 2 doubles. Bed was mediocre, and pillows small and lumpy. The bath/shower combo did not drain properly, causing water to fill half the tub during a shower, so left a note for housekeeping which was not acknowledged nor did it improve. The main floor view was into the courtyard and other rooms, so left blinds closed the whole stay. The gym was small, smelly, with had low ceilings relative to the elliptical. I worked out once and left it at that.

On bright side, the lobby bistro had good service, good coffee, and decent food selection. Also, check in staff were bright and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for all of the valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. While we were pleased to hear that you liked our location and friendly staff, it was disappointing to read about your frustrations with your guest room and the fitness room. We will share this feedback with our team to improve the quality of our rooms and future guest experiences. Thank you again for your business and for the valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in town for business and was looking for a hotel close to cities, dining, shopping, etc. The Marriott Courtyard fit the bill. This hotel has a fancy modern lobby with open dining room. The staff is very friendly and eager to assist. My room located on the ground floor was against the courtyard and had a patio which made my stay easier. I was in this room for almost two weeks. Although small, the fact I could open the patio door to allow fresh air in helped. The room was clean and housekeeping was attentive. The only issue I had was with the bed being somewhat on the soft side which I knew from reading trip advisor reviews. I prefer a firmer mattress which is a personal thing and not an issue for the hotel to correct. So, if you're looking for a clean room where you can open the door for fresh air look at the at this Marriott.

Room Tip: Select a ground floor room next the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I was thrilled to read your comments about how well the hotel and staff met your expectations. We will be sure to share the great review with our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Eden Prairie.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very short stay but comfortable and clean! Great location!!!! Very fast trip on business. Came in late and left early next morning. The front desk staff was wonderful and friendly upon arriving and leaving the next day! Great service with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay with us!! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay and we hope you'll be able to return in the future for a longer trip. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Being from Manitoba, we try and get to the Minneapolis area 2 or 3 times a year. The Courtyard in Eden Prairie has been one of our favorite places to stay. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful, maid service is also exceptional. The rooms are very clean and spacious, well worth the money. The pool is a good size and the water temperature was perfect, around 80 degrees. The Starbucks coffee is great in the morning, it would be great if you could get 2 complimentary cups in the morning. Being a Marriott rewards member it would be nice if they would throw in breakfast. This is a perfect location if you want to go to the Eden Prairie Mall, less than 5 minutes away, also MOA is approx. 15 minutes away and so is Valley Fair.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send in this great review!! We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share the compliments with our staff. We love our Canadian neighbors to the north and wish we had many more guests coming to stay with us from Canada. Thanks again for choosing the Courtyard Eden Prairie!!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a very short stay at this hotel after a midnight arrival into the Minneapolis airport. The front desk was quick to check us in, which was wonderful since we were both very tired from traveling. The room we got was right next to the ice machine and I was worried that would keep us awake, but I only heard it somebody getting ice once during the time we were there. The bed was super comfortable.

We only had 2 minor annoyances while staying. 1- Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 8am. We were up, but not ready for housekeeping yet. 2- Lawn work started at the building next door around 8am also. I guess next time I stay, I would put out the "Do not disturb" sign. There probably isn't much that can be done about what the building next door is doing, though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with this great feedback. We're glad your short stay was still an enjoyable time. Our housekeepers shouldn't normally start knocking on doors until 8:30 AM so we'll address this with the team. They should never knock on your door if the Do Not Disturb sign is on the door knob, so that would be the best way to avoid that early morning wake up in the future. Thanks again for providing us with this valuable feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.