“Amazing Hotel, Will always stay here!”

Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Olney, Maryland
“Amazing Hotel, Will always stay here!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

By far my favorite hotel in Eden Prairie and I have literally stayed at them all at that exit. This Courtyard was remodeled over a year ago and I couldn't be more pleased. The Bistro that offers food throughout the day is quality food at a reasonable price. In addition they have a Starbucks included within the Bistro. Be warned that at high volume days, breakfast can take some time as it is a bistro and not a full service restaurant.

The beds are very comfortable and I truly love the fact that I fall right asleep after a long day of work. The rooms are spacious enough to enjoy your tv on a couch or chair as well as work within the space of the desk. The hotel is very close to the highway but you never hear it within your room!

The courtyard is very nice and I highly recommend going out there to sit to relax or just take in some fresh air without having to go find a park or something. If you do exercise, their facility should provide you what you need, not a huge space but it gets the job done. if you like running outside you are literally right down the street from a good size lake that has a running trail completely around it.

Overall this is my favorite hotel to stay at when visiting Eden Prairie, MN and I will continue to make this my 1st choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback about our hotel!! Your description of the hotel and the great amenities we provide our business travelers is very accurate. We hope to see you again soon at the Courtyard Eden Prairie!!! Thanks again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were promised hotel breakfast and two queen beds. We instead had no breakfast and our kids had to sleep on a pullout couch and the floor.

The hotel staff could have done something to help us with the stay but they were not helpful. We only chose this hotel for two amenities breakfast and pool...we would not stay here again since the poor service and poor location to the mall of America

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jpuckett81
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent stay that was booked through Priceline.com. I certainly apologize that the stay did not meet your expectations and that we were unable to accommodate your specific requests. I hope that in the future the hotel and Priceline will be able to communicate more clearly to meet the needs of our customers. I know I have a bias toward booking through Marriott.com, however this does give the hotel the best information possible about our guest's specific needs and requests. Thank you again for the great feedback.
Bayside, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was 102 outside, but my room was cool and comfortable. The room was on the small side, but since I was traveling alone, it was just right. The room was immaculate and the staff was helpful. I especially liked the exercise facility with a treadmill in that it was way too hot to walk outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EBStevens
, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for the great feedback. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the stay despite the warmer than usual temperatures in Minnesota. Hope to see you again soon in Eden Prairie!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is an older hotel that has been remodeled. Very nice open courtyard in the center of the hotel. Very clean and neat. I LOVED THE BISTRO CAFE in the lobby. Offers food and starbucks coffee. It was great to have my latte first thing in the morning and not have to leave the hotel! My husband loved the home-made oatmeal!

Room Tip: If you can make sure your room overlooks the nicely remodeled courtyard, instead of the parking lot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RChristie86
Thank you so much for the great feedback about our new Bistro!!! We are very excited to be able to serve fresh food and Starbucks coffee every day. I also agree with you on the oatmeal. It is fantastic!! Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Eden Prairie soon.
Grafton, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The room was very clean and tidy when we entered, nicely decorated, nice flatscreen TV and my husband and I can honestly say that we have never slept as good as we did at this hotel compared to others we have stayed at. The bed was SUPER COMFY! The hotel staff were very friendly and at the bistro we were going to eat there but we decided that we wanted a steak and the waitress helped us find a place close by to go to...she also gave us a heads up of the more pricey places that were around. The pool area was nice and clean also. VERY IMPRESSED...I would definetly stay again and recommend this place to friends and family. Another plus is that it is centrally located between mall of america, valleyfair, and target field they were all within 20 minutes or less.

Room Tip: We didn't hear anything from our room we were on the main floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Courtyard by Marriott.

I am a platinum member with Marriott and have to admit I am not a big fan of the Courtyard brand. However, I was in Minnesota to visit a friend and this was the most convenient location to her home.

Overall the service was good and the room was clean. I could tell the hotel was new and/or recently renovated. I also liked the fact that the hotel had a cafe with Starbuck's coffee and tea.

If you're in the area and need a nice place to stay, that is not too far from downtown I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Iowa
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed at this property for a night in late April. The property is an original Courtyard design with the actual courtyard in the middle of the property. Check in was good although we were given an outside top floor room at the end of the hallway. I realize the front desk may have been trying to match my Marriott profile preferences, but the room was awkwardly laid out, smaller than most, and facing the road nearby - not what I would expect for a full price reservation. We asked to move and were given an inside courtyard room on the 2nd floor that was great. Kudos to the front desk for the move with no problems or questions.
The property is very nicely updated with the "new" Courtyard lobby and cafe / pantry, etc. Everything seemed really nice and fresh - nicely updated. The rooms were also great. Fun updated bedding and the bathrooms had a good remodel, something that doesn't always happen on face-lifts. The only awkward part about the room design is that the TV is on a dresser top with a slide-out / angle so it can be viewed from the bed. Not a big deal, but slightly awkward if you have more than one person in the room in terms of getting around it, etc.
This area is mostly corporate and business centers, but there is a mall nearby, and the front desk was great in pointing me to a decent trail for a quick morning run. They also had free coffee in the lobby available in the morning (maybe all day?) in addition to the cafe which served Starbucks and assorted food that looked quite good. I would have grabbed a beer there in the evening but couldn't quite get my cheap self to pony up the $5+ for a bottle of Coors Light. That said, had I been on a business account, it would have been an easy / perfect place to grab a bite and a beer or wine.
Exercise room is small, but decent, and the pool and hot tub were great. Very clean, nicely maintained.
Overall this is a good property if you have business or need to be in the Eden Prairie area.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior Courtyard room with a balcony - the balcony is not large, but great for some fre...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple