“Comfortable but could use more updates”

Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Phoenix, Arizona
“Comfortable but could use more updates”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was here for 5 nights on a business trip. The WiFi in the rooms was wired only, which was disappointing. Also, I had to jiggle the cord every now and then due to how old the connection box was. Otherwise, I would lose my signal. I get the impression they have done a lot of recent updating, and it all looks very nice, but I hope they update things like that as well.

My bed was amazingly comfortable for a hotel bed, but there were no extra blankets in the room. I had two beds, so I stole the bed from the second bed, but they took that blanket the next day and did not replace the bedding on the second bed. The food for breakfast (not free) was very good, but they could use some more options. As with most TV in hotels, there aren't many channels, but my annoyance there was that my remote did not work when I checked in, and you cannot control the TV using the controls on the TV. Also, my cards stopped working the last night I was there and I had to get replacements.

Keep in mind, those were just annoyances. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks so much for the great feedback!! I just wanted to let you know that we now have wireless internet in all of our guestrooms. We are very excited to offer this new feature and our guests really enjoy it. I was sorry to hear about some of the challenges you experienced with the TV remote and key cards. We will work to improve those systems for your next visit. Thanks again!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Like most Marriotts, this is a good but not great motel with great access to the airport. Need a place to stay or meet without requiring a rental car or long drive....stay at the Marriott. It is a bit pricey for an airport motel when compared to motels with fewer services such as a restaurant, but can be a place to stay, meet, and eat without leaving.

Stayed there last week and did interviews there....great for that.

Iowa
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed in a ground floor king suite. Nice quite room. Beds were very soft with a nice choice of pillows. Room size was nice and had a couch and separate sink and bathroom area. Excellent water pressure in the shower. Only things I would suggest that needs changed is the room did not have small refrigerator and wireless internet. The have internet but it is wired. Service is ok not outstanding. They have a grill and a onsite bar. Grill and drinks were pricey for what you get. Weather was nasty so I stayed in. Breakfast is not free and does not start until 6:30 am which did not work for me as I had to be on the road at 6:45. Overall I would stay there again.

Boston, MA
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Room was roomy, comfortable and very quiet and the people at the front desk were pleasant and professional. If I was an occasional traveler, I would give this 5 stars. However, I checked out after 1 night of a scheduled 3-night stay for 2 reasons: no wi-fi in rooms (lobby and restaurant only) and limited fitness center amenities. I consider it unacceptable in 2012 not to have wifi in rooms. The fitness center has 2 treadmills and one stair climber, a bench and a good set of free weights. Most hotels now also include mats and exercise balls as well as kettle bells - these aren't costly and are very useful if you're trying to stay in shape while doing business travel. A bike would also be nice if there was room. I didn't eat at the Bistro, but it looked busy and like it had a decent selection.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We used the hotel for a three day customer service meeting. Guest room was fine as were the meeting services. There's not much else in the area so no distractions. Breakfast service the first morning was poor but they addressed it on following days. I like the rennovated Courtyard breakfast areas. They close the bar around 10pm and there's nothing else around.Two tradmills, one eliptical and a few free weights in the small exercise room which is open 24 hours. Overall a fine experience for what we needed.

Room Tip: I was near the elevator and didn't notice. I think they're all ok. Maybe avoid the ice machi...
Whitsett NC
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights (weekend) here. This is a great location, the rooms are nice and the service was great. The hotel has been recently updated and is very nice. The only downside is that you have to pay for any breakfast/food items. We had a problem with the remote (battery was dead) and it was promptly replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - nice and quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family