“Try the Teriyaki”

Dining options: Takeout
Minneapolis
“Try the Teriyaki”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Two trips this week made me a fan. I like the fact that you can order online and it will be ready soon after you arrive. They have many options and will customize a dish for you.

Shrimp Pad Thai - they say it is spicy but it just has a slight edge, ask for hotter if you prefer. The 6 shrimp were large and it was a very filling portion.

Chicken teriyaki - excellent with brown rice and the teriyaki sauce was terrific.

They are the faster food subsidiary of P.F. Changs. Worth a trip if you like Asian food and aren't looking for totally authentic.

• Visited May 2013

Waumandee, Wisconsin
“April 4, 2013”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am glad I placed my order over the phone for take out. It was somewhat busy when I arrived to pick up the food. I have heard it gets very busy there. The pick up time was not bad, but I did have to wait a couple of minutes for someone, so I could pay for my order, but not bad wait time.
The food was OK, but it could be that it was take out. I wouldn't say it is the worse that I have had, but not the best. I would try it again tho, I would like to give it a second chance.

• Visited April 2013
“Disappointed with food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We web there based on the review, but we found its not worth. First we had to wait for 45 min to place order, thanks there computer systems. Food had sweet sauce which did not taste good. Chicken was not tender and it appeared over cooked.

Minneota
“Very, very disappointed.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place was recommended to us and we were looking forward to something a little different. I love all kinds of Asian food. The first problem was that I could not order what I wanted--carmelized chicked, which is straight off the menu. I don't know if there was some problem or they simply couldn't hear me because it was so noisy. After many attempts and repeatedly pointing to the item on the menu, I changed to the Japanese teriyaka rice bowl, which they did let me order. This turned out to be DRENCHED in a syrupy, thick, super sweet teriyaki sauce that drowned out all other flavor. I have had this dish dozens of times in Japan and there was no resemblance all. I took most of it home, added lots more rice and vegtables, and then it was OK but not Japanese. My friend also had a dish featuring chicked and vegatables; I don't know what style because I couldn't hear, but she left most of it and said it was way too strong and syrupy and sweet. The restaurant was also rather dirty--lots of food and paper on the floor, tables not wiped off. Normally I would give a place another chance and try a different dish, but I was pretty put-off by the combination of problems.

• Visited December 2012
Winston-Salem
“Good, inexpensive, and quick”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Pei Wei is interesting in that you order your food when you come in at the cashier, like a fast food restaurant. You get your drinks, and utensils. However, it has a nice slick look, so it does not feel like a fast food place. Nor does it taste like one. The Thai salad we had was excellent - fresh and crisp, wiht great Thai dressing. Our entrees were also competitve with a normal nice Asian restaurant. I'd certainly go back.

Visited July 2012