“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I live in West Bloomington and pass Jake's all the time. A coworker suggested Jake's for lunch. I didn't know that they had a NICE outdoor paito. They had a special salad for the day, coconut shrimp, with fresh pinapple and strawberries...WHAT A TREAT!!! NOT your standard salad!!!
WILL BE BACK!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I went a bit early on a Friday night to hit the end of happy hour. We got seated right away but there was a wait for tables when we left. Their $3 for domestic beer and wine is a good deal, but "domestic" doesn't even include variations from domestic brewerys, like Shock Top from Budweiser - only the plain flavorless brands you grew up with.
Place was casual, service was pretty good - our waitress had a trainee shadow which probably kept her more busy than normal.
My wife had the pulled pork sandwich which was very good, but very large and messy. It ran $10 - a bit high. I had an oriental chicken salad for $13 and it was tasty, but not as good or as large as others I've had.
The only complain we had was the sticky table we were seated at.
Overall, a good place to go - we'll go again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went out for drinks and dinner on a Friday night.
Our server was fabulous.
Happy hour specials were good and we were all very pleased with our food selection.
I got the lobster tacos, very tasty.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nice place for lunch. Never been for dinner. They have a nice outdoor patio which people seem to love.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped in to this restaurant after driving in the car for 8 hours. We were tired, looking a little disheveled and I needed a drink after being cooped up all day. This place was great. The waitress was speedy with the drinks and accommodated our kids picky palates. I had the fish and chips. It was huge! It is enough for 2 people to split. The martinis are great too. I would eat here all the time if we had one in our city.