“Friday Night Happy HOur”
Review of Jake's City Grille

Jake's City Grille
Ranked #32 of 134 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went out for drinks and dinner on a Friday night.
Our server was fabulous.
Happy hour specials were good and we were all very pleased with our food selection.
I got the lobster tacos, very tasty.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nice place for lunch. Never been for dinner. They have a nice outdoor patio which people seem to love.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped in to this restaurant after driving in the car for 8 hours. We were tired, looking a little disheveled and I needed a drink after being cooped up all day. This place was great. The waitress was speedy with the drinks and accommodated our kids picky palates. I had the fish and chips. It was huge! It is enough for 2 people to split. The martinis are great too. I would eat here all the time if we had one in our city.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I like Jake's and probably go there once a month because my wife likes their walleye sandwiches and pulled pork sandwiches. I tend to try other things on the menu and have not always been so happy. Take Friday night and their Lenten special Fisherman's platter for example. It was awful, First, the breading was too heavy and tasteless. The seafood variety -- shrimp, 2 small scallops, fish stick sized fish, and some hush puppies --were unremarkable, Add the fact that it was over fried --except for the greasy french fries - and it was not a good experience. The Cole slaw was good but the thimble sized serving made it more of a garnish than a side dish. My wife loved her walleye (not fried), As one of my table-mates observed, they have some good dishes and they have some mediocre ones. I unfortunately got the latter this time out.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been to Jake's for the dinner a few times and have loved it. They have really good pizza and some awesome wrap sandwiches. We were in for brunch once and it was alright. The food was super chewy and not very warm. We came in last Sunday for mother's day and we were very, very disappointed. We had a reservation and were still not seated for 30 minutes. Once we were seated we went through the line and everything was very picked over. The items that we did get were very cold and unappealing. We were in the middle of eating and the waiter told us that it was last call for brunch. So, we went and looked again and they had not refilled anything. We will definitely never go back for brunch, but the regular menu has a lot of good choices.