“Very good food - wide selection”
Review of Kabuki Sushi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Very good food - wide selection”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Over the years, when I am in town for business, I always make it a point to stop by the Kabuki.

The sushi bar room allows you to both sit and watch them prepare the various sushi, negiri, and sashimi dishes or just sit at a nearby table.

They have teppanyaki if you like that food style.

In another room, you can sit down on the floor at tables with wells underneath them.

They have recently added Korean food options as well.

I have never been dissapointed with the food and or service there. It has always been reliable for me. I find their prices to be reasonable compared to other Japanese style restaurants in the area.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank ct-cruisers

Minneapolis, MN
“If you are willing to drive a little further, go somewhere else.”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

My husband and I ate here because we had a gift certificate. We sat at the sushi bar and did not receive adequate service. The staff seemed to not care about being there. The sushi was not great. There were many regulars in the restaurant, likely who live nearby, so people do like the restaurant, but we will not be back.

Other sushi suggestions: Kona Grill (Eden Prairie), 98 Pounds (Bloomington), Fjui-Ya (Uptown, Minneapolis), Seven Sushi (Minneapolis)

1 Thank lori0914
Duluth, mn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They need to practice cleaner methods”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I am not into trashing businesses and I have actually never done so online, but there's always a first time. I stopped in to get an advance look at this restaurant as a friend found it online and wanted to go there for dinner. After the bartender finished flirting with a female customer for at least 10 minutes, one of the servers finally waited on me. I had a couple apetizers which were pretty good, but as I finished off my beer, I watched the bartender making sushi and almost puked. He had no gloves on and handled, money, rags and other objects. He made the sushi and molded the rolls with his fingers. The last straw was when he molded the wasabi in his hand and made it into a wad for the plate. When a guy treats someone else's food like his private wad pf Play Doh, its time for me to draw the line. With all the talk of how easy it is going to be to catch the swine flu, I'd suggest you go elsewhere, especially if you see this dude making food with his hands.

1 Thank herbminn
Eden Prairie
“Always great Food, and Chefs”
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have been to Kabuki many many times. They've recently done a modest remodel, doing wonders for their aesthetic value, and have also updated their menu to provide a larger variety of superior tasting food.

The Sushi Bar is operated by 1-3 sushi chefs, and offers a large variety of traditional Japanese Sushi Rolls, Nigiri, and Sashimi, as well as many specialty and house items.

The Kitchen menu is very good and offers a wide range of items from a simple Teriyaki Steak/Salmon/Chicken, to Sukiyaki Beef, or even Lobster Tail. Moderately priced, lots of flavor.

The Teppanyaki Chefs are very personable (some better than others) and make delicious tasting food, I've seen some of them can do some amazing tricks in the process and have an in depth knowledge of what they're cooking for you and they can not only tell you how they cook it but why they cook it a specific way. Kids always have a great time, adult seem to have an even better time!

Kabuki is a great overall restaurant, providing a good family atmosphere and above average taste. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a restaurant for a date, for good food, to host a party, or just for a quick delicious dinner. This restaurant gets most of it's business from regulars and is almost a tradition to many families. You can find special offer coupons from the Eden Prairie News Paper, or direct from Kabuki's website: www.kabukisushi.com.

Cost per person below is for Teppanyaki, With sushi each person could spend 15-60 dollars depending on their taste, dining room would run probably 15-20 average.

Dress code: Dress for your parts, you will see people dressed from formal to casual, alldress codes accepted and welcomed.

dukeklaus
“Fun night out”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I've been going here for 20 years. Always good service. Sit in the regular eating area where you look like your sitting on the floor but your feet hang below. Order awesome sushi and eat their tempura. I've never had a bad meal here. Very romantic date too.