“Always warm and welcoming and great food”

Redstone American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Redstone American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 135 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flying Cloud Drive
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have eaten at the Redstone in both Minnetonka and Eden Prairie and I'm always impressed. The morning bread they served at brunch was lemony and warm and made me wish I had the recipe. Their chicken is a highlight of the menu but truthfully I've never had anything that wasn't delicious. My absolute favorite thing on the menu is the jerk chicken fondue with smoked gouda cheese. I think I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. The prime rib sandwich is a must have as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Service at the bar was attentive and the bartender let me try the wine before I decided on a glass. The crowd was a mix of couples, friends and families. The NOSH fish bites hit the spot as a late night nibble... I am always pleased with the service as I go back again and again. parking was easy when when crowded...

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Dined here with work associates a week or so back. Had the parmesan crusted halibut which was SUPERB. Very nicely prepared, moist and not dried out. TOO much for me to eat (and I'm a hearty eater). Would highly recommend it as a great place to go for dinner whether on a "date" or on a business engagement.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice views, fireplaces in winter, and friendly waitstaff. I go for the soup and cornbread. Friends go for flatbread pizza. I prefer lunch to dinner here, as lunch is bright and relaxed, where dinner is noisy and dimly lit. It all depends on which atmosphere you prefer. In the summer they have a great outdoor deck overlooking a small lake. Lots of parking.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We can honestly say we have never had a bad meal at Redstone, and love the cozy, darkened atmosphere. My absolute favorite is the grilled catfish sandwich for lunch! But their steaks and fish have never disappointed us. We were thrilled to find out they take reservations now, as it can get very crowded, even on a week night. We recently visited with reservations, and arrived about a half hour early. The bar was packed ( I wanted to see what the "cougar action" that is supposedly so prevalent here was all about- but didn't get the chance.) I looked to the right and noticed mostly empty tables, so was quite relieved. I was quite surprised, and not in a nice way, to be shuffled off to the left to what appears to be an annex room of some sort. There is a large screen TV with a fake fireplace channel on. Besides tables and chairs and the view of the Gander Mountain across the highway, the room was completely empty. They did fill it up with diners eventually, but why were we relegated here when the nicer spots were open? I'm refusing to sit there if they try it again! We had the fried calamari appetizer (tasteless, but it was a first for me), and the spinach dip appetizer- again, nothing special. I usually skip appetizer in favor of dessert, but on this night we tried the banana cream pie- tasty!-and the ginormous piece of chocolate cake- very good but definitely not a single serving. My sea bass was delicious; the Cajun ribeye, filet and halibut also received raves. The food and service did not disappoint! I did forget to make my way to the restrooms later to check out the entertainment
(cougars!) - maybe next time I'll catch a sighting.....