“Fair room, fair price”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great price on a Renaissance Festival package, 2 tickets and breakfast. Great swimming pool as well. Quiet, convenient great breakfast. Close to good shopping, restaurants etc. Area to grill play basketball and have family time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KarnaA

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I go to the Mall of America every year and this is my first stay at this Residence Inn. The room was clean and quiet, considering it was so close to the interstate. The bed wasn't very comfortable at all. The property was a little run down and breakfast wasn't very good. I would probably not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelinQueenB
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place was exactly what I needed for a trip to MN with my dad. Two separate bedrooms+bathrooms with a shared seating/eating space allowed us to stay in the same unit and have our own sleep area along with our own bathrooms. No elevator was a tiny nuisance, but was more than worth the other conveniences. Every staff person was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The delicious breakfast buffet included a wide variety including fresh fruit, fresh eggs or other protein, yogurt, waffles, bagels, donuts, etc. Located in the southwest corner of the freeway system made for easy access for any direction we needed to travel for visiting relatives. We have stayed at several other properties on other trips, but this place is now our first choice. My dad told me every day how perfect this place was for us. Made me feel great!
Super clean, comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Turn on the ceiling fan to move warm loft air down to cool the loft.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The MSP Residence Inns are much lower quality and smaller than the average RI nationwide.

Dated buildings, poor parking, very small rooms with little closet space and tiny dressers, very small kitchen, attentive maintenance staff, poor morning breakfast (veggy sausage, really?) no green space, adjoins major expressway - convenient but noisy.

The RI Eden Prairie is suitable for short stays with 2 or fewer. Llives very small for anything longer than a few weeks. Loft suites run $115 per day.

You can get 6 month apartment rentals in the area for 1,200 per month. Look for that option if you plan longer stays.

Room Tip: 300 series rooms are farther from expressway and office traffic
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AccuracyFirst
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for leisure for a weekend in the Twin Cities. This hotel is about 15 minutes away from the Mall of America and about 25 minutes from Downtown Minneapolis. Ive stayed at other Residence Inn's before and they had separate living room and bedroom but this one had a studio apartment feeling with everything in one big room. So if you want privacy from kids or sharing room with others you can forget about it. However it is a nice property. And would return if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 4 nights over a long weekend. The rooms and bathrooms were VERY clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. The kitchenette allowed us to prepare breakfast and snacks, helpful since we were traveling with our 1 yr old and our 5 yr old.

My only criticism is that the Inn is tired. The furniture isn't very comfortable to sit on and the rooms themselves are pretty dark, with limited natural light. There is plenty of lighting. All of the furniture needs to be updated. However, the two full baths, two king size beds, and the cleanliness, along with the cheerful and pleasant front desk staff make it a 4 star instead of the three star I would have awarded.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie A
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I come to Eden Prairie about once a month for work and have stayed in every hotel except this one. When I got a price of $70/night through Priceline for the Residence Inn I was more than happy to try it out! Upon arrival, the front desk person was talking on the phone and rushed through check-in. I got to my room and there were black beetles everywhere, including a bunch of dead ones right at the entrance to the apartment that had obviously been stepped on by housekeeping staff. Why on earth wouldn't they get rid of them? I asked for a new room and this time the front desk person was quite polite and gave me a new room. The new room was fine, except that the lightbulb in the living area was burned out so half of the suite was quite dark. There was a beetle in the bathroom, but I was too tired to ask for a third room just because of one beetle so I killed it and called it a day. There were also bugs (that seemed to be moving) stuck in the tray of the bathroom light, so I bought insecticide spray and used it. The room was pretty comfortable other than that though.

It took three days for housekeeping to actually come to my room to empty garbages or do anything like that. Even when they did come, there was hair left in the bathtub (which wasn't mine), and someone else's towel hung on the bathroom door since before I checked in. The cord for the wired internet was missing so I was stuck with slow wireless for the entirety of my stay.

The bonus was that the room had a full kitchen and the location was incredibly convenient. The bed was comfortable, and there was more than enough space for one person to spread out. However, the water pressure was HORRIBLE (and takes forever to warm up). On the second night I was there, there was a storm that knocked out the phone lines. That wasn't within the hotel's power to prevent, but I was in town partially to do telephone interviews. When I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem with the phones lines I was told "they're down because of the storm, no idea if or when they'll be fixed" and then got hung up on. How friendly. When the phones finally were fixed, the service was so bad that nobody could hear me on the other end. I ended up paying $18 for local calls that ended up being mostly a waste of time because nobody could hear me. And why is there a charge for local calls anyway??

The hotel was extremely noisy. I was awoken every morning by crews doing construction RIGHT outside my door. One time they were cutting metal, another time they were hammering something.

I wanted to like this property... but it was just one thing after another, really.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo