“Nice hotel in the suburbs.”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for leisure for a weekend in the Twin Cities. This hotel is about 15 minutes away from the Mall of America and about 25 minutes from Downtown Minneapolis. Ive stayed at other Residence Inn's before and they had separate living room and bedroom but this one had a studio apartment feeling with everything in one big room. So if you want privacy from kids or sharing room with others you can forget about it. However it is a nice property. And would return if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 4 nights over a long weekend. The rooms and bathrooms were VERY clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. The kitchenette allowed us to prepare breakfast and snacks, helpful since we were traveling with our 1 yr old and our 5 yr old.

My only criticism is that the Inn is tired. The furniture isn't very comfortable to sit on and the rooms themselves are pretty dark, with limited natural light. There is plenty of lighting. All of the furniture needs to be updated. However, the two full baths, two king size beds, and the cleanliness, along with the cheerful and pleasant front desk staff make it a 4 star instead of the three star I would have awarded.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie A
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I come to Eden Prairie about once a month for work and have stayed in every hotel except this one. When I got a price of $70/night through Priceline for the Residence Inn I was more than happy to try it out! Upon arrival, the front desk person was talking on the phone and rushed through check-in. I got to my room and there were black beetles everywhere, including a bunch of dead ones right at the entrance to the apartment that had obviously been stepped on by housekeeping staff. Why on earth wouldn't they get rid of them? I asked for a new room and this time the front desk person was quite polite and gave me a new room. The new room was fine, except that the lightbulb in the living area was burned out so half of the suite was quite dark. There was a beetle in the bathroom, but I was too tired to ask for a third room just because of one beetle so I killed it and called it a day. There were also bugs (that seemed to be moving) stuck in the tray of the bathroom light, so I bought insecticide spray and used it. The room was pretty comfortable other than that though.

It took three days for housekeeping to actually come to my room to empty garbages or do anything like that. Even when they did come, there was hair left in the bathtub (which wasn't mine), and someone else's towel hung on the bathroom door since before I checked in. The cord for the wired internet was missing so I was stuck with slow wireless for the entirety of my stay.

The bonus was that the room had a full kitchen and the location was incredibly convenient. The bed was comfortable, and there was more than enough space for one person to spread out. However, the water pressure was HORRIBLE (and takes forever to warm up). On the second night I was there, there was a storm that knocked out the phone lines. That wasn't within the hotel's power to prevent, but I was in town partially to do telephone interviews. When I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem with the phones lines I was told "they're down because of the storm, no idea if or when they'll be fixed" and then got hung up on. How friendly. When the phones finally were fixed, the service was so bad that nobody could hear me on the other end. I ended up paying $18 for local calls that ended up being mostly a waste of time because nobody could hear me. And why is there a charge for local calls anyway??

The hotel was extremely noisy. I was awoken every morning by crews doing construction RIGHT outside my door. One time they were cutting metal, another time they were hammering something.

I wanted to like this property... but it was just one thing after another, really.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RayneeDeigh
Reviewed May 7, 2012

To be honest, we were a bit apprehensive - as we typically are after having several bad hotel experiences in our past. We found a great price for this hotel, especially considering each room is equipped with a full-size kitchen.

Upon arriving, we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Our room was close to the lobby and a 1st floor room. The shower was clean, higher shower head, nice hot water. Although they do allow pets in their rooms, ours had absolutely no signs of animal residence. My husband has animal allergies and he didn't notice anything. The room smelled nice & clean.

The breakfast was AMAZING! Scrambled eggs every morning, hot meat (sausage or canadian bacon), pancakes or french toast, hot oatmeal, yogurt "bar" and on & on. We were STUFFED each morning and only required a light lunch to keep us satisfied.

The only complaint we had was that the curtain covering our sliding door had been splattered with something that looked like blood or spaghetti sauce or the like. It had clearly been overlooked as there were dried bits along with the smears. We didn't complain formally because it wasn't a big deal to us. We just mentioned it on our comment card as we left.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Spent only one night. Very nice - just like every Residence Inn I've ever stayed with. No complaints whatsoever. Always love the apartment style rooms and free breakfast.
But a few odd things happened in room 112. Items from the bathroom sink and from the desk kept ending up on the floor - multiple times. The toilet seat was found UP twice, yet no men were in the room. And we kept hearing strange scratching or rubbing noises at night - sounded like sand paper on the table in the living room area.
Even with "the ghost" - I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2012

First time in a Residence Inn. Rooms are basically of apartment quality in terms of kitchenette with cooker, dishwasher, fridge in addition to my usual travel per-reqs of good shower, coffee maker, free wifi, iron etc. Room was very large.
Location is about 25 mins outside Minneapolis and 25-30 from Airport. The Mall of America is 20 mins away on way to airport but there is the decent sized Eden Prairie Mall only 1/2 mile away with a few restaurant options and cinema.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Although the staff at this Marriott property were all very professional and accommodating, the property itself wasn't what I expected when I arrived. If you don't mind staying in a condo-style community, where the various rooms are divided into separate two-story buildings (with NO elevators), then this is the place for you. I was in a very comfortable, quiet room (in building 12), but I was not thrilled when I realized that I had to lug my suitcase up about 20 steep stairs to get to my room on the second floor!

Breakfast and the meager after 5pm nightly fare were okay - but I've had better in other Marriott properties (Residence Inns).

Would I stay here again? Probably - but I'll make sure that next time, I request a room on the first floor! You should do the same...

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the second floor! There are NO elevators at this property.