“Would stay again”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first time staying here. It was a nice change to be a little further from the mall. The hotel was nice and had quiet surroundings (except the girls hockey team that was staying there). Very nice lobby and the restaurant had great food. Our room was spacious and clean. I would stay here again for sure. I only had two things that kind of bothered me. #1: our bed was a little hard. We found out as we were checking OUT that the beds have a firmness control. That is great, except we found out too late. Maybe have the little "bed advertisement" in the room instead of in the lobby. I wasn't the person to check-in, so I didn't see it in time. #2: This isn't THAT big of a deal, but I expected the lady (Diane) at the front to ask me how my stay was as I was checking out. Not even a thank you. I was handed my bill, and that was it. It's the little things that count!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Kayley G,

Thank you so much for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. We certainly do appreciate your business and are happy to hear that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Eden Prairie.

I would like to apologize for our team not explaining how our Garden Sleep System beds work. We do have a model of our bed dial and how it works at our desk and obviously we fell short in explaining how this works.

I am also sorry for the poor service you received upon checking out at the desk. We take our service very serious and I will use your feedback as a reminder that we are here for one reason. To provide outstanding service! I am so sorry this did not happen.

That being said, we take all surveys and we share them with our staff so that we can grow as a team. If you stay here again, I would expect a better experience. If you do not get a better experience, I definately want to hear about it.

Thank you and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice and you get a hotel room with a good value. I enjoy the more neighborhood-like surroundings than the hustle and bustle found in the inner part of the City. We have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marsha R,

Thank you so much for the feedback you privided on your trip advisor review of our hotel!

We are so happy that you enjoyed the location and what our hotel had to offer!

We also thank you for your loyalty and that you continue to use us when you come into town.

Take care and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall a great hotel. Our timing wasn't perfect... the noise factor was a minus that weekend. The beds were great, however the weekend we were there, there was a youth hockey tournament and there was noise associated with that. I thought the breakfast and other meals were great. The pool and the spa were very good. The Wi-Fi worked pretty easily.

Room Tip: You may want to look into the adjustable beds. I saw that advertised at the front desk, but our roo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Andrew B,

Thank you so much for your business and also for the feedback you provided regarding your stay!

I wanted to apologize for the noise you experienced and wish we would have been able to control it better.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the beds, pool and restaurant and we hope you will stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

For a night we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Eden Prairie due to some renovations. It was the only hotel, which had an availability closer to where we live. We were charged $145 for a night in a suite. this was our first time to check-in with them and for the price, we were expecting something better. But we were surprised - the carpet, the door to the bathroom, the vanity, the bed linens and sheets, pillows even the mattress had seen better days! These were the kind of stuff you would expect in a 1-2 star/s hotel/motel. Comfort Inn has better amenities than them. Even the Hampton Inn and they charge the same price. They better upgrade the fixtures and linens in their room if they expect to be paid at that price point.

The free breakfast was just tasteless and bland, compared to their competitors. They need to better that too.

Although, I cannot complain with the check-in staff. They were friendly and polite. Also I cannot complain about the cleanliness of the bathroom. But their carpet and their pillow covers, the sheets and mattress have to go.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear truthintraveling,

I wanted to thank you for the feedback you gave regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to provide the best service, cleanest rooms and the best hotel amenities in the Eden Prairie area and we are so sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations.

I will be taking a look at all of the issues you described and make any appropriate adjustments to ensure that our hotel remains ranked very high in the Trip Advisor rankings.

Our main objective is to ensure that our hotel guests return to our hotel, so if there is anything we can do for you, please contact me at colin.klipfel@hilton.com.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a valentines get a way. It was nice and quiet. The staff was very helpfull. We did not purchase the breakfast with the stay but it looked very good. Would recomend this place .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jeffrey t,

We are so happy that you and your wife were able to stay with us for your valentines getaway. We were also wanted to thank you for the fantastic feedback you provided regarding your stay.

Take care and we hope you will get an opportunity to stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The title really says it all. The view is obviously out of the hands of the Hilton Garden Inn and its excellent staff, but nevertheless, it was a very disappointing surprise. Everything else was great. They saved my but with a complementary toothbrush and toothpaste and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Atlantic,

Thank you very much for your business and also for the feedback you shared regarding your stay with us!

I would have to agree with you on the current view across the road from us and I am hopeful that once the construction ends and the company adds landscaping, it will be a big improvement!

Take care and we hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel shortly before Christmas. The hotel is fairly new, clean, and in a good location. The staff was friendly and efficient. We were greeted with chocolate chip cookies. There is a little pantry area to buy snacks and other supplies, if needed.

Our chief complaint is that the pool was cold! Luckily (for us), the hot tub wasn't hot, so our kids could play in there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Travel Rules,

I wanted to thank you for your business and also for the feedback you shared regarding your stay with us!

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, but I also wanted to apologize for the pool being a little cool. We try to keep it right around 85 degrees year round but it sounds like it may have been a situation where we had to add water to both the pool and whirlpool to bring up the water levels. This may be why the whirlpool was not very hot.

Thanks again and we hope your travels will bring you back very soon!