“Strangely antique feel to 1st floor room”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Houston, Texas
“Strangely antique feel to 1st floor room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip, had to leave the hotel at 4:30am on my last day to catch my flight. My room on the ground floor had very high ceilings that, combined with the drapes and furniture, gave the room a strangely antique feel; unfortunately I am not an antique fan and prefer modern rooms/ambience on my business trips.

Plus:
1. Location proximity to my client.
2. Helpful and friendly front desk staff.
3. Helpful kitchen staff when I needed a toasted bagel as I rushed out the door.
4. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the lobby in the evenings.
5. Free internet.

Minus:
1. Strange antique/dated feel of room on 1st floor.
2. Slightly musty smell in room (on 1st floor).
3. Location is not close to any restaurants.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the 1st floor unless you like the feel of old/antique rooms with super high ceili...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Moorpark, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of HGIs, and they all look pretty much the same. The staff here was exceptionally friendly and accommodating - I'm still grateful to the restaurant staff who let me order dinner after a long day of travel just as they were ready to close! Something I hadn't seen in this chain were mattresses that allow you to adjust the firmness - look for the control at the side of the mattress itself, up near the head of the bed. It's covered up so it's not readily visible.

Internet is complimentary, quick and reliable. The workspace is good and the TV pivots so that you can see it easily from the desk, sofa, or bed.

Bathrooms have a good amount of counter space and include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, shower cap, and a little vanity kit with cotton and swabs.

The fitness center is small but reasonably complete, with a couple of treadmills, an elliptical trainer, and free weights.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Excellent location, easy to find, great/friendly front desk staff, very clean and comfortable room, and a good value. Great beds! The room service food was just "okay" (I got their signature burger -- it was a little overdone) and I was disappointed that the only breakfast option seemed to be a $10 buffet. I don't expect a free hot breakfast, but in my frequent travels I have come to expect that at least a continental breakfast will be provided. The free water bottles as a Hilton Honors member was nice.

Yes, I would stay here again... and just find a Subway for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LivingLifeBarefoot
Nashville,TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed 3 nights while in town for work. Bed was comfortable and everything was taken care of by the hotel staff. I would stay here for any trip to Eden Prairie for work.

• Stayed November 2011
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so happy that our hotel met your expectations and are pleased that you will utilize our facility the next time you are in Eden Prairie.

Take care and we hope to see you back very soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Bright, clean rooms. Everything appeared new. Comfortable beds. Spacious lobby, delicious Sunday brunch. Competitive rates. Could not ask for more. Indoor pool and fitness center not utilized although they exist. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful feedback you gave us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so pleased that our hotel met your expectations and we appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Safe travels to you and your family and we hope to see you back at our hotel very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

For the second time of staying here, I didn't get the room type I reserved and was offered no explanation or apology. The breakfast is robbery. Nothing for free, but instead have to pay $11 for anything at their breakfast bar. Thermostats in the room are totally off and do not cycle appropriately. No help from the staff on any issue.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Susan H
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that we were unable to accomodate you with the room type you had requested. We try our best when it comes to taking care of all of our guest requests and unfortunately we fell short in this instance.

I also wanted apologize for our breakfast not meeting your expectations. The Hilton Garden Inns do offer a rate that includes breakfast for up to four people in the room, however if you choose not to go with this rate we offer a full All American Breakfast Buffet that includes your beverages, made to order omlettes, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, breads, and an assortment of other items. We try to be very competative with our rates on this and if you desire a lighter breakfast we are happy to offer a per item charge that we grant upon request.

Finally, I would like to apologize for the thermostat not working properly in your room. I am not sure what the issue was with this, but I will be certain to bring this to the attention of both our housekeeping and maintenance staff.

Thank you for your business we wish you well with your travels.

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Good, clean hotel for business. Friendly staff, quiet location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and that our staff took care of your needs during your stay.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden Prairie
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Comfort Inn Eden Prairie/Minneapolis
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!