“Best Place to Stay in the Minneapolis Suburbs!”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed here for our 7 year wedding anniversary on the July 4th weekend. This hotel was very modern and our room was much like a small apartment. We requested a quiet area and that is exactly what we got. Top floor end corner; most of the time it felt like we were the only ones in the hotel. Cub Foods, Walgreens and Eden Prairie Mall are all within walking distance if you want to stock your wet bar fridge or if you've forgetten something at home and need to grab it. The breakfast was fabulous! Most hotels do not provide protein on a continental breakfast; this one has eggs, sausage, cheese, and yogurt! Delcious too!
The staff was very courteous and helpful in regards to getting around Minneapolis.
This hotel is roughly 20-25 minutes from most tourist destinations but well worth the drive for the tranquility.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LIZHOL

Reviewed June 30, 2011

This is a below average Springhill...rooms are tired and need new everything. Many things broken...closet door, shower curtain rod, towel rack. Disappointing at best

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

-good location
-decent price
-good breakfast...lots of choices
-free wireless internet
-Very close to lots of restaurants, a grocery store, a liquor store...pretty much anything you could need was within a couple of blocks
Bad comments:
-TV issues...expected a flat TV as seen in their pictures, ours was a tube and the picture was fuzzy, lodgenet didn't work-tv said it was unavailable...picture distortion was minimal and it was still very watchable...I was able to click through the channels without lodgenet working. I would imagine they are in the process of upgrading
-pool was kind of small and crowded would be nice to have a shallow area for the little ones.
-saw an employee standing outside by the door smoking

Overall no big complaints we will probably stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a flat TV
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshine81
Springhill-EP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

As of July 27th, 2011, we have brand new 32" LCD HD TVs in all guest rooms. Sorry for the delay.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Thirteen of my extended family and I stayed at the Springhill Suites in Eden Prairie during the Memorial Day weekend in order to attend a wedding. Although a different hotel was recommended by the bride and groom, we opted for a different place, as we had kids that wanted to swim. I was put in charge of finding a more kid-friendly, but adult-pleasing hotel in the area...not an easy charge. After much research on TripAdvisor, I chose Springhill Suites. Thankfully, my family agrees that this was/is the right choice!

The hotel is quite welcoming, not only in its decor and accommodations, but also with their professional and efficient staff. On quite a few occasions, we requested the assistance of the hotel workers, and they were quick and eager to help. First, we found ourselves in the mall parking lot, rather than the hotel's on the night of arrival. Our MapQuest route was a bit off during the last mile of our trip; and, at 9:30PM, we just wanted to be done with our travels. A simple call to the front desk of the hotel resulted in friendly directions; apparently, we could see the top of the hotel from the mall parking lot. This was a bit embarrassing; yet, the hotel worker was extremely pleasant and showed no signs of irritation. We also requested the assistance of the hotel staff when the whirlpool waters were less than satisfying. Maintenance was on the call immediately and worked to resolve the situation to our liking. Rarely have I found such response in the various places we have traveled throughout the states.

While some TripAdvisor travelers have been less than pleased with the complimentary breakfast, I was delighted with the offerings. I can't imagine even the most picky of eaters not being able to find something that would please their palate. Naturally, there was regular and decaf coffee, juice, hot water and an assortment of teas; but, there was also muffins, three different types of doughnuts, bagels, English muffins, bread for toasting, French toast, jellies and peanut butter, scrambled egg rounds and sausage rounds (perfect for that English muffin), shredded cheese, hot sauce, garlic salt, salt and pepper, hard boiled eggs, crockpot oatmeal, walnuts, brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon and sugar sprinkles, yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, skim and 2% milk, and make your own waffles with syrup and/or strawberries. Could one really want for more? The sitting area was more than adequate, with an additional room beyond the breakfast room for overflow. I enjoyed getting up extra early and sitting beside the warmth of the already lit fireplace as I sipped on my hot coffee...compliments of the hotel.

While the pool was definitely small, it worked for our family, especially with the option of the whirlpool. There was also an ample amount of tables and chairs in the pool area, along with a lovely outdoor patio. The workout room was small but adequate, with two treadmills, an elliptical, a stair climber, dumbells, and a nice, flat screen television. Being the clean-freak that I am, I was pleased to see that they had Clorox wipes available for use. Speaking of clean, the rooms definitely were. As I have mentioned in previous posts I typically bring my own Clorox wipes to clean-off all surfaces, handles, etc. in every room I stay. I am pleased to say that not a bit of dirt was on my cloths after cleaning the frig, the counters, or the toilet itself. I was amazed!

While our room was a bit narrow, it was in perfect repair and very cozy for our small family of three. The couch and chair with ottoman were very comfortable (and with no rips, tears or stains); the kitchenette was very functional; the sleeping area was slightly cramped, but the beds were comfortable as were the pillows; and the separate sink area was extraordinarily helpful. I truly appreciated being able to accurately control the temperature of the room with just a touch of a button. I'm a person that likes some white noise while I sleep, and there was an option to keep the air conditioning fan consistently "on". Since the unit was on one side of the room, and the sofa bed was on another, air flow may have been a problem; however, the hotel was very smart in including a ceiling fan in that area to maintain the comfort of the entire suite.

Thus, I would definitely recommend this hotel to any and all guests traveling to the Twin City area. The accommodations were superb; the location to the Eden Prairie mall (with Scheel's, Old Navy, Justice, etc.), Cub Foods (right next door), Caribou Coffee (a block away); and being only 12 minutes from the Mall of America makes this hotel a perfect choice.

Room Tip: Some rooms are definitely wider than others...ASK!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sunrise07
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Easy to find, generous sized rooms and close to shopping. We were traveling with two teenagers so the extra space and internet connection were definitely worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I have stayed in quite a few SpringHill Suites, but this one was not up to par compared with other locations.

The desk clerk who greeted us seemed complete unenthusiastic, and was borderline rude.

It was not as clean as everyone says in the other reviews. Our closet door was broken and would not shut.

The breakfast was just OK - the make your own waffles, pretty standard as per other hotels. But the scrambled egg mixture was just awful.

On top of it, one of the side doors to the hotel was left unlocked after hours (i.e. you did not need your key for access, anyone could just pull open the door and walk in).

We did find the location very convenient, though where we were staying, you could most definitely hear the highway noise through the paper thin walls. Thankfully this died down later in the evening.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Clean and comfortable hotel. Rooms with space and comfortable. Very good Internet connection.
The breakfast was one very nice surprise, some variety but much better than I expected.
Related to my stay in Eden Prairie, this hotel was a very nice experience, giving me the comfort and rest that we excepted when in one business trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business