“Tasty Food and Excellent Value”

Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Delicious meal with terrific service from Erin. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals. They were tasty, the portions were large, and the prices were reasonable. I just finished the 2nd meal of the 4 chicken tacos tonight and they were still very good. We will return. There is a lot of good stuff on the menu to choose from. Only problem is noise if you sit near the bar. Our booth was not too noisy.

There are newer reviews for Kona Grill - Eden Prairie

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I discovered Kona by searching for sushi restaurants near work. Sushi is only part of the menu and the rest intrigued me. My first meal was the soft-shell po boy sliders. My server informed me that these were not small sliders and she was correct. Two large hamburger bun sized brioche rolls each with a whole soft-shell crab, Andouille chunks, pineapple, spicy slaw, chipotle mayo and lettuce. Very tasty with a little kick. They were served with average sweet potato fries.

The next day I brought my husband for lunch to try the sushi. It was nicely presented with fresh fish.

Picasso Roll- spicy yellowtail, avocado, yellowtail, jalapeno, cilantro, sriracha and ponzu sauces. Excellent with a kick.

Wave Roll- spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, avocado, and cucumber rolled up in soy paper. Nicely balanced and our favorite roll.

Rainbow Roll - California roll, tuna, salmon, shrimp, yellowtail. Very tasty.

Service was good although a bit slow. Very enjoyable and we will definitely be back. My co-workers informed me they have a fantastic happy hour in the bar that fills up quickly.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This isn't an easy-to-find restaurant. It's in Windsor Plaza, set well back from Singletree Lane, and invisible from that thoroughfare.
My party of 3 went specifically for Sushi / Sashimi, and were able to get seats at the Sushi Bar: always my preferred position, because one can inspect the ingredients at close range, and watch the dishes being prepared. In some places, sitting at the Sushi Bar also allows conversation with the chefs and with convivial fellow diners. That side benefit didn't materialize at this Kona Grill. The chefs (4 Mexicans, not a Japanese in sight) had little or no interaction with the diners; and our fellow bar hoppers proved to be a self-absorbed community.
The decor was attractive, and everything appeared to be clean and hygienic: rather important when eating raw food!
Service was prompt.
The fish all looked, and proved to be, fresh, appetizing and good quality. Plenty of interesting combinations offered on the menu, helpfully listed from "mild" to "spicy". Sauces worked well with the various fishes. Presentation also good, with some amusing rolls: the Dragon does look a bit like a dragon; and the Caterpillar is definitely a big green caterpillar. The Sashimi Flight was particularly good.
But the operation is run to a rigid formula that does not seem to allow the chefs to be creative, to mix and match ingredients to try to please a particular diner's tastes. If it's not listed on the menu, you probably can't have it.
So, by the end of the meal, we had been well fed with high quality, fresh, tasty raw fish. But it was all rather ho-hum. None of our party was saying, "Oh, that was great! I can't wait to come back here." Yet that is exactly the reaction I have to a few other Sushi restaurants. So, for us, the Kona Grill was pleasant and satisfying, but not at all memorable.
To be fair, however, the value is excellent. We drank frozen Margaritas: really good, Happy Hour price $4.75 each. Between us we consumed 4 different Sushi Rolls, ranging in price from $6 to $15.25; and one Sashimi Flight, $13.75. The total bill came to less than $74. So, less than $25 per person.

1  Thank ManxJack
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The menu here was terrific, with something for everyone, including children. But the service was pretty slow, on a weeknight with a pretty light crowd. Guess they just weren't staffed for us. The manager must have known things were pokey since he visited many tables and even delivered some of our meals. But ten minutes for a cup of coffee is just a bit long. It probably deserves another chance.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The best thing about this place is the daily Happy Hour becuase it goes until 7:00PM. Be ready to talk very loud and listen to loud music that the staff "can not turn down because the managers tell us it has to be that way".
The beer specials are good, but be sure the drinks you order are actually on the Happy Hour menu. One small mistake, always on your fault, could give you a much higher priced drink or food order.
I recommend the small plates as you do get good quality and volume of food. Some of the sushi rolls are good, but can be very spicy if you are not careful.
Service can be slower than normal during Happy Hour as the bartenders tend to talk a little too much. We have had to wait more than five minutes to get place settings, soy sauce, etc. after food has been delivered.