“Good but cost adds up quickly”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Twin Cities tradition for over 30 years. Everything in the restaurant is made from scratch daily. Great place for family breakfast, business meetings, or a quick brunch!
Chaska, Minnesota
“Good but cost adds up quickly”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I got the bacon and cheese omelette with pancakes - the pancakes were really quite good, but when I cut into the omelette, a lot of raw egg ran out of it. The server told me it was cheese running out, but there is no way cheese would have that low of a viscosity without being really (really) hot. I do think there was cheese with the raw egg, but it was definitely raw in the middle. However, our server took the omelette back and brought me a scramble instead, and she was so very sweet about the whole thing. My hubby got the coconut pancakes which were amazing - with the maple syrup, it reminded me of a coconut cake. The fresh squeezed orange juice was not very good, but I'm sure it was because the oranges weren't all that good to start with - not necessarily the fault of the restaurant. The food was pretty good, service outstanding, but the bill can add up fast, so it's not a weekly stop for us.

• Visited January 2012

Steubenville, Ohio
“Good service and good food”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Food was good and service was good. The eggs are great and the waffel was a nice size. The waffels are large but rather flat and not the fluffy high ones you can get. Teh taste was good and they have a whole wheat option which was great!

• Visited October 2011
Stockton, California
“Ok food, nothing special”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had high hopes to try this well reviewed spot, but we must have been there on a bad day. Our breakfast was ok, the Swedish pancakes were mushy & the "fresh" syrup was thick & gooey as if it had been sitting for a long time. Mom's omelet was ok, nothing special. We were a little disappointed, maybe the other Original Pancake house is the best one. I don't need to go back, it was little expensive for the quality of food you received..

Visited October 2011
“I feel like family when I eat at the Original Pancake House Eden Prairie.”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I love the social atmosphere and cheery service as much as the food. Bacon is apple smoked, thick and cooked just perfect. Love LOVE the coffee. It's a perfect family get together that doesn't break the bank. Yum!!

eau claire, wisconsin
“enough for two”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

the omelettes are 4 eggs and come with 3 pancakes, which makes it a great meal to split with an S.O. or friend. The tropical syrup served with the banana pancakes was great. I wished they sold it

• Visited September 2011