“Great evening out”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great evening out”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I took our son and a couple of his friends from UND to this restaurant for a nice birthday dinner. It really is a very pleasant restaurant with an extensive menu of sandwiches, salads, soups, and tapas. They have a couple of more expensive entrees as well. The atmosphere is like an old lodge and the staff wore cute "Alaskan" outfits. While they have an extensive beer menu, we didn't try it.

The five of us had a bit of everything on the menu and the portions were a nice size and all quite tasty. The total bill for five of us came in at a very affordable $72. I would recommend the place which is right across the river from DT Grand Forks on the Minnesota side of the city

• Visited October 2013

Witt, Illinois
“Best Walleye Ever”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are ever anywhere near Grand Forks, North Dakota by all means take a drive across the bridge to East Grand Forks, MN. and go to the Blue Moose. This place has atmosphere that starts with the blue moose out front. Lots of TV's through out the Grill and bar, including a couple in the restrooms. At least in the men's room, not sure about the ladies room. Servers are very friendly and on the ball. They keep a close watch on their tables and take good care of their customers. The walleye is spectacular. Maybe just a little pricy, but you definitely get what you pay for and you shouldn't go away hungry. A long list of beers. We had the Blue Moose Amber Lager and it was great. Reminded me of Alaskan Amber and that is my favorite. If I could get Blue Moose Amber in my area, that would be my new favorite beer. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Blue Moose. If I lived closer, I would go here ALL THE TIME! Go check it out.

central Illinois
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is abut the fourth time I have eaten there and it seems to ghet better every time. The last time we went was last weekend and they had their Octoberfest menu. The pok loin with bernaise sauce and spatzle was awesome easily as good as anything I ate in germany the 12 years I lived there. Do not miss the Blue Moose if you are in the area. We sat on the balcony overlooking the Red River this time and it really added to the experience. Of course it is ND so the balcony may not always be a wise choice. When we were there in June the mosquitos were awful. In August it was too hot. I imagine January would be too cold. September was just right.

Winnipeg
“great food, good atmosphere - would go back”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went last weekend and the restaurant took our large reso, (for 30 people) on short notice. We had more than 30 people show up and they did their best to accommodate everyone. Food was good - husband and son loved the ribs, and I enjoyed the walleye. It was reasonably priced, great view, and we had a lot of fun. Everyone in the group seemed to enjoy dinner. The waitress did seem to struggle dealing with a large group, but its to be expected I suppose.

All in all it was a good dinner and I would definitely go back.

Winnipeg
“Super staff with great service & excellent food”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Visited the Blue Moose for the first time & we were warmly greeted by the "closing" hostess Annette.
Her friendliness and suggestions were great. The service was fast and our selections were as we ordered and delicious. We left with the wishes that we were #1 and we will come back in the future.
Thank you Annette for your personal attention and care.