“Recommendations given to us were well deserved”
Review of Mamma Maria's

Mamma Maria's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Winnipeg
“Recommendations given to us were well deserved”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

On arrival in Grand Forks, we decided to have supper and felt like Italian. At Columbia Mall I asked three different couples where to find good Italian food. All three recommended Mamma Maria's which is in East Grand Forks. Finding it is really quite easy. Go to Demers, turn to the east and cross the bridge into Minnesota. It is located in a plaza across from Cabela's.

Seating was quick and the booth we were put in was quite comfortable. The atmosphere was quite nice and from the looks of the other customers, attracts a wide range including families, couples and adult groups.

Soups that day were Toscana and Polish Dill Pickle. My wife tried to Toscana and advises she would order it again. It had a bit of kick to it, but I liked what I tried.

There is a lot of options when ordering but I chose the Lobster Ravioli stuffed with crab. Very tasty and a good sized portion. My wife had the Tortellini with Cranberries which was very delicious and very generous in portion size. It had chicken, mushrooms, artichokes and cranberries in a sweet sauce. Both dishes had edible flowers as a garnish. Something I hadn't tried but it was good.

Our server, Benjamin, was fantastic. He knew the dishes well and made very good suggestions.

There is no doubt we will be back next time in North Dakota.

• Visited July 2013

central Illinois
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food was warm not hot. My son and I almost faceplanted on the tile floor because we entered with wet shoes. The sausage in my son's dish was very bland. Service was good though and the portions were plentiful. Maybe it was an off day food wise.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank chriscentralIllinois
Winnipeg
“Tried Mamma Maria's for the first time”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A wee bit disappointed as expected more in this locale. My pasta dish was very dry..could not identify the wine content and very dry to the plate. On my comment they did supply a side dish of sauce at no extra charge.
Service seemed a bit on the serious side as the customary server attention at this boardwalk restaurant is usually more friendly and customer satisfaction oriented.
Maybe we might try it again but right now other nearby establishments seem to fit our needs better......

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Arthur P
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food, good service & nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We each ordered something different. It was all delicious. Our waitress made excellent recommendations. Half price bottle of wine was an added bonus.

• Visited September 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good Italian Dining”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Found Mamma Marias for a nice meal out during a recent shopping trip. Meal for 2 of us including drinks was less then $50. Portions were huge, couldn't finish it all, waitress was great and brushetta was very good - nice and garlicky and tasty.

Visited June 2013