Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Deer Park, Wisconsin
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

No washcloths. Sheets didn't fit the bed (kept coming off). No pad on the ironing board. Smoke alarm went off when running a hot shower. Very strong smell from work they were doing in the hotel. I'll never stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank wriver3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is truly regrettable and I sincerely apologize. It is unacceptable that you were rented a room that was not fully furnished with linens or the proper amenities and is not how we ensure a "home away from home" experience for our guests. While we are being refreshed, we are doing our best to make sure that the hotel is well ventilated to minimize odors caused by the work our contractors are completing. I am sorry that our efforts are falling short and you were unhappy with your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team is checking every room and addressing anything missing prior to our guests checking in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MNE@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Nina Mancino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ok experience. Very friendly service. Rooms were clean. Amenities provided all that we needed for an average hotel. About a 10 minute drive from the Mall of America and accessible to all other attractions around the St. Paul/Minneapolis area. Only complaint was the strange odor in the hallways on the third floor. Fortunately the rooms doesn't smell like the hallways. Basically you get what you paid for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the cleanliness of your room. As well, it s great to know that you liked our hotels location. As for the odor on the third floor, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate this as soon as possible so that it does not affect future guests.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had confirmed my reservation and type of room that morning only to discover that at 4:00 that afternoon, there had been a change in the type of room which was not acceptable to us. We were unhappy about being "bumped" but the hotel made it right by helping us get a refund which came within a couple of business days. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Karey - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the room you reserved via Priceline was not available upon check-in. Still, I am very glad that our staff was able to remedy the situation in the end. Please know, as this hotels manager, I can assure you that I am going to check our inventory on a daily basis moving forward to ensure that this type of issue is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at men@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed August 18, 2013

What an awful experience. First of all, the room smelled. Musty and old. The pillows looked like they had been laid on. The kitchen had two spoons and a fork, nothing else. Worst of all, they mislead us. We asked about having a room with a bedroom, a separate bedroom, so we could put our one year old to sleep. They said they had that. LIE. They have rooms with a half wall. Nothing like what they said. The floors were so dirty in the room, that my daughter crawled around for 10 minutes and her knees were black.

Plus, this is the only hotel I have ever been to that did not have anything for a child. No cribs, no pack and play, nothing. And when we asked...they just said "well it is not on the list of amenities." We left as soon as we could find another place.

There are plenty of better options in Eagan. I would not stay there again. Would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Go up the street to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AriMT
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hi there,

I read your review and I wanted to take the opportunity to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to offer accommodations with a separate sleeping area for you and your family. I have shared your review with my team and discussed the importance of clearly communicating our room layout to our guests during the reservation and check in processes. This should also include discussing any additional items, such as cribs, with guests who may have a need for them. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MNE@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thank you again.
Independence, Kentucky
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The musty smokey smell in my room was overpowering. I had to open the window just to breathe! With the window open the noise was unbearable between the road noise from the interstate and the occasional loud guests in the parking lot. The front desk staff wouldn't move me to a different room because they had all been "assigned."
The carpet was still wet, apparently they had tried to address the smell issue by having it cleaned, but it certainly was not ready to be occupied!
The associate who tried to assess the smell in my room attempted to "clean the filter" from the AC, in my kitchen sink, with FABREEZE! The dust bunnies and other hairy debris she left in my sink was just a friendly reminder of the event.
The worst part was that even after hanging ALL my clothing out in front of windows, they still smelled like this hotel room for the rest of week of travels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room upon arrival. To prevent this from happening again, my team is I am going over our standards to ensure any problems in the room are reported to management and corrected prior to the arrival of our guests. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mne@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Mold in bathroom problems with check in due to overbooking ants in kitchen lack of training for front desk staff keys to room did not work -room had smell manager was asked to come in from front desk person and was told he needed to take care of it himself - this was done in front of guest

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Shelly - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the hotel was overbooked and you had trouble at check-in. Since then I have retrained my staff and doubled our coverage at the front desk during our busiest hours to ensure a smooth check-in process for all of our guests moving forward. As well, I do apologize that your room was unclean. In response, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff on improving their cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed for more then a month in March /April of 13, general staff was helping, but Mat at front desk was really the best,the motel offered good go to breakfast, coffee etc, also they keep hotel pretty clean and parking lot too, only they lack is Gym and happy hours, otherwise worth for all your $$$.

Harry Mehta

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Harry - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff, especially Matt, and the grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it is great to know that you found our hotel to be clean.