“Free long term parking worth the stay and then some”

Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Toronto, ON Canada
“Free long term parking worth the stay and then some”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed both leaving and returning from an extended vacation to Costa Rica. The cost of long term rental at MSP or their regional parking lots was a huge concern (we are not "local"). I contacted a number of local to MSP hotels and the Area Operations Mgr "Mark" responded back quickly and positively...that they had an extended park area in their parking lot.
When checking in the staff were kind and helpful in finding this area of the lot, and our car safely stayed there for the weeks we were away.
Rooms were basic but quite clean, decent mattresses and bedding...we were only staying for the night but would not hesitate to use them again. Getting a taxi from front desk was easily arranged....about $25 each way to and from the airport (MSP) and WELL WORTH the $50 and saved us $100's of dollars. Would do again. Note that the other Extended Stay in Eagan did NOT offer this long term parking, so be sure to stay at this South location on Norwest Ct.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and long term parking. It is always nice to hear that my staff was kind and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am also happy that we could offer you a more economical option for parking while you were Costa Rica.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Clean, comfortable room, common areas and grounds. Unit had a good amount of space and a full kitchen. Staff was friendly and helpful. It had a grab & go breackfast, coffee, apples, oranges, oatmeal bars, and muffins, stuff like that. Great value for a verry nice room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff and your room exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Raleigh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I would not rate the visit as the worst in the world, but the unhelpful, unfriendly staff coupled with bad plumbing and ants in the kitchenette (plus a dirty laundry room) are enough to rate this location as a poor choice for an extended visit. One night, and I would not have cared for it, but would have thought maybe I was there when their 'A' team was away. Five nights of the same type of service would suggest that they didn't have an 'A' team. Hey, I would have settled for a 'B' or 'C' team. Oh well. Live and learn...hope this helps you. But, they Extended Stay does have a NORTH EAGAN property, and they are GREAT!!! So, if you need to stay in the area, and want to do business with this chain, go NORTH about 1 mile, and your experience should be way better!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the unfriendly staff, bad plumbing, and ants is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we decided to host some training sessions on proper cleaning procedures and techniques as well as work on staff development to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mne@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just got back from staying 2 nights here (March 2-4). Got a great deal on Priceline. Had a non-smoking room on 3rd floor at the end of building. Nice room. No bed bugs. Shower was nice for someone as tall as me (6 foot 4 inches). Great water pressure. Only real complaints was there was no daily housekeeping (kind of odd as there is daily housekeeping at every other motel) and there were only 26 tv channels. I would have given this an excellent rating if not for those 2 factors. This is a pet-friendly hotel, as you can tell by the dog droppings and yellow snow by one of the exit doors. Besides that, I would stay here again at such a great deal. Only a 5-6 miles away from Mall of America and MSP Airport.

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor by end of the building was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We do apologize that our housekeeping services were not properly communicated to you. Yet, I am glad to hear that you had very comfortable stay here with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the area.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is my 4th stay at the hotel. The recent 'grab on the go- breakfast' is a fantastic add to earlier services. I noticed the premises have become much more clean, tidy and a much better Television compared to earlier visits. The staff are very courteous and the shuttle ride the hotel offers to nearby work locations and back - is a life saver - especially on those brutally cold winter days.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East and North side could have 'I35E' road noise. West and South side is much...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our recently added breakfast are greatly appreciated as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you return.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The room rate was too good to be true. Well now I know why it was so affordable! Although there were several issues with the quality of the room and the service I received, I am only focusing on the bed bugs issue so that others will not have to live through what I did.

I stayed on the 3rd floor of this hotel for several weeks and experienced rashes on my arm and back after the first 2 weeks. Upon medical examination, it was confirmed to be Bed Bug bites. The hotel manager was extremely rude and even went as far as stating "we can't be sure that you didn't bring them". There was no offer to make things right as far as the cost of my clothes and luggage being replaced, or refunding the cost of the room. I moved to another hotel as soon as it was confirmed to be bed bug bites.

The rash is going away, but I will never stay at this Extended Stay again, or recommend that anyone stay at this location. Because this was a business trip, my company will not EVER do business with this location.

Room Tip: Plan on replacing all of your clothes and luggage. Also have some Benedryl handy to address the nast...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank W K
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, February 9, 2013

rock_on_ku
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel met my expectations in every way possible as I wasn't looking for 5 star amenities in a 2 star hotel. Got this hotel for a one night crash last weekend after a hectic shopping day at the Mall of America :) Requested a non-smoking room and was granted one since it was available. The hotel looked newly renovated. The room was nice size and the bed was well-made with clean sheets. The toilet was small, but workable. The little kitchenette was clean as well although we didn't use it. For the price we got, I cannot complain. The only complaint I would say is that the blanket was very thin and made of synthetic material that slipped easily off the sheets. For Minnesota winter, it seemed a little strange - but then we could look past it as we had the heat up to be nice and cozy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to give you all you requested and needed during your stay here with us. Please note, in regards to our blankets, we will be addressing these and forwarding this to our Corporate Offices for further review. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.