Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Twernt nothing wrong with this establisment atall. Well, maybe better pillows. But clean as a whistle!

Room Tip: Dont stay in the room where they guy kept the monkey.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2012

This was BY FAR the best low cost hotel/motel I've ever stayed at. The room was as clean as you can possibly get. It would even pass the white glove test. I didn't expect a kitchenette type room though I thought it was really a neat idea and for someone even staying one night you could save big bucks microwaving a meal. It had a nice size refrigerator, 2 burner stove top, a coffee maker with coffee, and even a kitchen sink. Oh, can't forget the silverware, pots and pans, plates, bowls, all the stuff you would need.
I am disabled so I need a special bathroom and that was excellent also. The exterior of the place was exceptional and they even had beautiful flowers near the entrance. I can't believe they had an outside company do that (but maybe) so I think someone took this on personally. The lobby, hallways, just everything was in place and clean.
Now the good part! The staff and I mean All Of Them were the most courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful bunch of folks I've ever, and I mean Ever have had the pleasure to help me. I usually stay at 3 star hotel/motels so I was a little anxious when made reservations there, though those anxious moments quickly dwindled. The tv was the older type though it didn't make a difference because it came in as clear as could be. The only thing I can say I didn't like was the bed was somewhat on the firm side. And that's the only thing I can think of that I wasn't fond of. I've stayed at many 3 star places that weren't half as nice so for the money you just can't get any better. You won't regret making reservations there and once you've stayed there you'll go back. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on a mini-vacation to the Twin Cities. Used the "Name your own price" function on that other website and got it for around forty dollars/night (AFTER taxes and fees!). The place was clean and it was nice to have a fridge. Bathroom was a bit small (door almost hit the toilet) and a newer comforter and a larger, flat-screen TV would have been nice, but the room was just fine as a place to sleep for a few nights, especially for that price. We appreciated the free wifi and Mall of America coupon book (ask for it at the desk).

If it will bother you that you don't get free breakfast and that your room won't be made up every day, don't stay here, but otherwise it's a great way to save money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dvmsara
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I try to be positive with these reviews, but there were definitely some deficiencies with this hotel. Firstly everything on the surface seemed ok, however upon entering the room a funky food smell permeated everything. The floor seemed a bit sticky and while cooking supper I looked under the hood range and was grossed out with all the dirt there! Same with under the toilet ledge. This made me question everything. The hotel is getting tired and the plumbing was corroded and the taps squeaked and turned on in both directions. I booked the room for me and my 2 teenage girls (so 3 of us). There were only enough dishes for 2 (and some items we had only one of; worn plastic cup and one coffee mug and a broken can opener). One of the beds leaned in towards the middle of the bed, the other was ok. On a positive note, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Having the kitchen was nice so that we didn't have to eat out all the time. This place could be very nice if given a little face lift on the inside and a good cleaning. I would not stay here again, but would go to the other Homestead Suites, Minneapolis Airport....I've stayed there and was very impressed. It's the same idea, same chain, just newer and cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We were so very pelased with our stay here. We were in town for family issues. The location was very close to the airport, and accessible to so much! The staff there were wonderful to us. we were pleasantly surprised with how helpful it was to have a kitchenette in the room with us, for drinks and small snacks, as well as making breakfast. Thank you so much for making out stay in minneapolis pleasant and conveinent!! (by the way dinner at the granite City next door was WONDERFUL!!)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I stayed here with my wife and 2 year old kid for about 2 months. The front desk people are very friendly and helpful. The manger Stacy Ly and front desk staff Bon & Aby were awesome. The queen size studio had a kitchen with a big refrigerator,microwave,kitchen utensils like 2 sauce pans, 2 dinner and salad plates,2 coffee cups,coffee maker. Rooms were clean. The housekeeping was provided once a week. You could get housekeeping for extra cost in between. Fresh towels can be exchanged at the front desk. Laundry unit with washer,dryer is provided in the hotel. Cable TV and wireless internet connection($5 for whole stay) was also provided. It was just walkable to bus terminus,bank,convienence stores and close to Airport and to the Mall of america. In winter the heat was sufficient. Good place to stay for family with small children and wants to cook themselves.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2008

The staff was incredibly friendly. The hotel, very clean. It was cold and the heat worked very quickly and very well. The kitchen was an added bonus so that I could have food there and not have to eat out the whole time I stayed. The water pressure of the shower was great. It was nice to have the option of the high speed internet also. It is also very close to the Twin Cities airport and the awesome Mall of Americas. I highly recommend Extended Stay America, Eagan, Minnesota.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo