“Hotel was great and staff were exceptional”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Souris, Canada
“Hotel was great and staff were exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

The hotel was very accomodating for our hockey team. Rooms were very nice. Would absolutely recommend to teams looking for a place to stay. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I have used this hotel so many times it is hard to keep track. It is my usual hotel to park and fly from the Minneapolis St Paul airport.
Service is quick, efficient and very courteous. Hot breakfast is quite good and included.
The reception desk and the shuttle driver are always very kind and corteous. The pool is small but very nice. The rooms and beds are comfortable. hard to go wrong and highly recommended. The only little thing you need to know is that the airport shuttle works from 4 AM to midnight, so if your flight arrives late, you might need to pay for a cab to return to the hotel, or find a different one that has 24 hour shuttle. I stay here almost every time, unless my return flight is scheduled late.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Hampton in Eagan lived up to its stellar reviews. Check in was quick and easy, and the manager on duty told us that breakfast was from 6:00 until10:00, but if anybody needed to eat earlier, they could be ready. The rooms are beautiful, newly remodeled, and have little touches to make your stay comfortable. We didn't discover it until the next morning, but there's even a switch to turn on the uplights above the desk/armoire to use as a nightlight if needed. Breakfast was good, a mixture of hot and the standard cold items. Breakfast service was superb, and things were kept clean.

My 11 year old daughter went to the front desk to ask for change...she came back with her change and an (unpopped) package of microwave popcorn. When I asked her where that came from she said, "I asked the man at the desk for change. He gave me the change and asked me to wait because he had something else for me. He gave me this popcorn and told me he wanted to give this to me because I had excellent manners, and he said that good manners were very important!" Not only a great hotel stay, but character affirmation as well! We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Blair, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

When we made our 1-night reservation, we requested a fridge and microwave and a rollaway bed. All 3 items were waiting for us when we arrived. The room was clean and all of the bedding was white, so I had no worries about clean sheets or bedding. The only choice of rooms was for a king bed or two doubles, I don't know if this hotel has no queen rooms or what, and we went with a king. The room layout was fine, all of the finishes are modern and pleasing. The mattress was super-comfortable. The pool and hot tub were clean and had lots of seating for non-swimming guests. Lots of towels, too. One of the reasons I booked this hotel was because the pool had steps on one end, so our 4-year-old could have fun in the pool, too. The breakfast selection was huge, everything from cheese omelets to waffles, french toast sticks, turkey sausages, cereal, donuts, pound cake, muffins & Danish, fruit, boiled eggs -- something for everyone. My only complaint, and this is just a personal preference, is that the beds had duvets instead of blankets. With blankets, you can choose how many layers you want to sleep under. With a duvet, either it's on or it's off -- yes, I know they're the modern way to go, but I was either to warm or too chilly. But the pillows and mattress were great, and the place was very full but extremely quiet. The heavy room doors did NOT clank shut, like they do in so many hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here after our wedding at Eagan Community Center. I called ahead and spoke with them about their shuttle service and asked if we could get shuttle service after the reception. They gladly stated they would shuttle us that night up to 1AM eventhough the shuttle usually only runs until midnight. They called me in advance to confirm our reservations and the extended shuttle time. They came at 12:45 AM when we called them and took us to Joe Sensors which is right next door. The whole bridal party was able to relax until 2AM and talk about our day. We walked over to the hotel and when we arrived they upgraded our room to the suite with a whirlpool and gave us a room for gift opening the next day! The room was clean and the jets in the whirlpool were great! So relaxing and romantic after such a long day! The kids enjoyed the pool the next day and the breakfast was delicious and there were lots of items to choose from.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

The Hampton Inn in Eagan Minneosta is the best Hampton I have ever stayed at. They have the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have ever been at. I can't say enough good things about them. Gerry Goldfarb does a great job with this hotel and all the staff that work there....van drivers....breakfast staff...front desk...I could go on and on. I stay there often and they are always great to me.

Thanks to everyone at the Hampton Inn Eagan Minneosta for always making sure I have a great stay!! :)

Michele Workman

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

I am in the Twin Cities often. I always end each trip in Eagan at the Hampton Inn. I am very particular. I am NEVER disappointed! The staff is very nice and helpful. Misty went above and beyond for us last week.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eagan
Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan? Share your experiences!