“Best Hotel Stay I have had in a long time!”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed June 4, 2008

This hotel is great! As we walked in the front door, a desk clerk greeted us with a friendly smile. It had been storming all day & he was still very helpful.

Very clean hotel & great looking hotel rooms. Our beds were a little small because we had 2 per bed but very comfortable and manageable.

The pool was so warm, my sister who always usually sits in the hot tub swam in the pool alot. The pool area was large enough too, besides us a large group of teens were in there and another group of 4. It was still a relaxing time.

The breakfast was so filling...lots of selection. 2 kinds of milk, 4 kinds of juice. Awesome strudel, eggs...more than I can remember. We didn't even eat breakfast until 9am & lots of food remained. Only the doughnuts went fast, and there were a lot of kids there so that was expected.

It was such a good experience & the guy checking us out even told us how to save money but booking directly on their website! We left an item behind & they were kind enough to let us pick up several hours later that day too.

Awesome stay! Will definitely go again since my sister is moving to that area. It will be my 1st choice! :)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2008

We have stayed in many hotels in the Eagan area while visiting the Twin Cities and this is my favorite by far. Location is great, right off of 35E just south of 494. As you would expect, Hampton Inn is a great chain and this one did not disappoint me. We had a plush and luxurious king bed with a pull out couch a child slept on (quite comfortable, I tried it out). Cherry wood furniture, upscale bathroom cabinets, LCD TV, frig and microwave in room. Wi-fi is readily available in the hotel, quite easy to use. The pool was open till 11pm so we were able to use it in the morning and evenings. The water was warm as several others commented, which we really liked.

Breakfast selection was great; a little different on the weekends than weekdays but the basics were always there: juice, hot beverages, cereals, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, etc. It's one of the few hotels I did not have difficulty finding an available table at breakfast time, it was crowded but there were enough tables. Since I'm an early riser and my spouse isn't, I tend to hang out in the public areas in the morning for a couple of hours. Their public areas are very nice, comfy, & clean; several different seating areas with different configurations.

The desk staff was extremely helpful, kind, and humorous. They were able to provide us a spare toothbrush, several replacement keys, and a couple of other freebees.

Like I said, this is my new favorite Eagan area hotel!

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I was really pleased with this hotel. The location worked out great for us. Most of what we were doing was in St. Paul and it was very easy to get there from this Hampton. But we also spent some time at the Mall, which was just a few minutes from here, too.

Very easy check-in and super nice front desk staff. The room was clean, the in-room wireless internet about as solid as I've seen in a hotel room.

Fitness center was great. Two treadmills, a stationary bike, a recumbent bike. Got kind of warm when there were more than two people in the room at once. But still nicer than most properties.

Breakfast buffet was fine. I got in and out before 8 each morning, so it was never overrun while I was there.

There were some noise issues the first night we were there. I think maybe a wedding party was using the hotel and it got kind of loud in the hallway after midnight. But there's typically not a lot a hotel staff can do about that. (Ironically, one of the reasons I picked a hotel in the suburbs was because I thought it'd be louder at a downtown property.)

Plenty of parking. And it looked like quite a few restaurants fairly nearby. We tried a Thai place in the strip center that's right next to the hotel and it was pretty good.

Definitely a good Hampton, one of the better we've stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 14, 2008

This was the first time we used a park and stay, needless to say this worked out great! This is a beautiful hotel. Nice and quiet, very clean, with a very comfortable bed. The only downfall was we got a huge door ding on our car, I know this is not the hotels fault, I just wish people were more considerate.
There is a nice sports bar/restaraunt next door which worked well for a nice dinner before we headed in for the night.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for the third time in three years...on our way to a tropical vacation.
This visit the rooms had been remodeled and were very nice. There is now deep dark rich looking cabinets with a built in desk against one whole wall. On a different wall is a dresser with the flat screen TV. The bathroom is also remodeled and very nice.
The bed is wonderful with a nice selection of different pillows.There are coffee makers in the room.
The sports bar across the parking lot (Joe Sensor's Grill) is a great place to have a drink and dinner. It appears to be a friendly local hot spot after work. It is quite large and we have gone there all three years also and recommend it for it's convience to the Hampton and for it's food and atmosphere!
Since we stay there for the great deal of park and fly we are up early(4am) to get the first shuttle to the airport at 4:30 am. Therefore, we have never eaten a breakfast at the Hampton but can tell you the serving area is always clean and probably is very good. We have had the cookies at night! One extra they do is send us off with a breakfast brown bag with a granola bar ,water ,an apple and mints in it.
As for the shuttle, no problems at all. In fact it is great. Our car has always been untouched during the week and the shuttle takes you to the front door of the airport and when you return you just call the hotel and they pick you up within about 20 mins. I'm sure we will use this hotel next year also. It was a short but quiet and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2008

A really nice hotel. Very attractive lobby and breakfast area. Rooms have great beds and flat screen tvs. Decent pool and exercise area. Shuttle goes to both airport and Mall of America. Our park-and-fly rate was around 110. Great value for the price.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank GomerSimpson
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I am a Diamond Member with Hilton, and I travel about 40 weeks a year.. always staying in Hampton Inns. When I booked this one I was a little bit shocked as the price seemed a little high compared to other hamptons ( I paid 150.00 a night AAA rate ) but once I checked in, the price no longer mattered. It is by far one of the nicest Hamptons I have ever stayed at. The rooms were clean, the lobby was beautiful, the carpets were clean, and a nice fresh design not seen in any other hampton before. The new furniture, roll out desk and the large flat screen was perfect. Bathroom was nice as well. The sportsbar next door had really good food, and they deliver to your room!
Location was great. 5 miles from airport and about 6 from mall of america. abuot 20 miles from downtown minneapolis.
If you have a choice, then choose this Hampton for sure! You will be glad you did.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business