“We'll be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Williamsburg, Iowa, United States
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had a great experience at this hotel. Clean and friendly - bed was comfortable. Pool area was clean and quiet. They have adult hours for those who want to swim without children around to disrupt.
The best part about this hotel, was that the air conditioner ran all night long without interruption! So, instead of running for a half hour and then shutting off for a half hour and so on - it stayed running, which provided a nice white noise effect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review and comments about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the beds and the pool. We always strive to make it a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is large enough to have a nice pool, outside tables, and good continental breakfast, and small enough that you don't have to wait for slow elevators or fight over-crowding by the pool. Nice restaurants within walking distance. Easy shuttle service to the Mall of America and MSP airport. My room was nice; staff was very friendly and helpful. My flight left before their continental breakfast openned, so they gave me a to-go bag with fruit, yogaurt and a granola bar... I've never seen a hotel do that, so I was quite pleased!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the pool, breakfast and proximity of restaurants, airport and Mall of America. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Dexter, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

When I walked in the front door of the Holiday Inn Express Eagan, the young woman behind the counter was speaking with a potential customer on the phone. I caught her eye as I was walking to the desk and instead of the usual quick glance away that tells you, "I'm busy and I'll get to you when I can since I'm here by myself," she gave me a quick smile and a wave that said, "Welcome! I promise I'll be with you as soon as I can and give you the same attention I'm giving this person on the phone." Her smile and wave did not disappoint and every other person I spoke with was just as helpful and courteous. The room was solid all the way through. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and exactly what I expected, which is why I often stay at Holiday Inn Express. But the people really were a step above. I went down to grab a cup of coffee at 5am, an hour before breakfast opens in the lobby. The person working in the lobby had already started serving breakfast for us early risers, the coffee was hot, and she had a smile for everyone. When I checked out, the gentleman getting my receipt asked if anything was wrong with the room. I mentioned the bathtub drain was slow, and the young man behind the counter leaned in over the gentleman's shoulder, asked for the room number, looked at me and said, "I apologize for that happening," and took off to ensure the drain was cleared. I only wish I had called down sooner! Always a pleasure to stay at a hotel where it really seems the people there want you to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EmmettLincoln, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Eagan. We are glad you had the opportunity to experience the service with our front desk staff and breakfast attendant. They take great pride in making sure your stay is top notch. We apologize for the problem you encountered with the drain, but was very happy that it was resolved for the next possible guest. Thank you for informing us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We arrived on the evening of May 26th for a two night stay. The night staff at the front desk took a very long time to check us in because he was too busy chatting with the night security guard about different types of alcohol. He infomed me I would need to give him a credit card for a deposit in case of any damages. They said I would not be charged, but this was a lie. The next day my account had three seperate charges for the deposit. The parking lot was completely full and finding a spot took awhile. The front desk attendant didn't even tell us where are room was or how to get there. Again, he was too busy chatting. For the money I expected the room to be a little more spacious, we both felt very crammed in the room and the bed was horribly lumpy. We arrived in the room with the AC blasting on high, we're both from Arizona and it was already very chilly outside. We decided after the first night we would checkout and find a better hotel for the price we were paying. I called and informed the front desk we would like to cancel our second night. They informed me we were not able to, because we had booked through a website which buys rooms from the hotel and already payed for the two nights. I used one card to pay for the two nights, and a seperate one for the deposit. The management at this hotel are a bunch of crooks. They lied about not being able to cancel our second night so they could charge us. A few days after we had checked out my card used for the deposit had still not been reimbursed and on top of that they ended up charging me another 187.00 to the same card without my permission for the two nights. This is proof they were lying about being able to cancel my second night. The website we booked through was the only one l authorized to take the money for the two nights, not the hotel itself. They were only authorized to use the card I provided them with for the deposit, not to give me a seperate charge for two nights. So instead of the 187.00 for two nights I was already charged by the travel website. The two nights have now cost me 374.00. This establishment is run by dishonest crooks who try to pinch every penny they can. Instead of being honest, they lied, and stole. When I called to get to the bottom of the charges I was directed to the hotel accountant who rudely answered the phone and told me she would have to return my call. I was on vacation with my girlfriend and had no idea my account would be drained like that. The night after checking out my card declined on me at dinner and we had no way of paying for our meal. We were also stuck in the Minneapolis area because I was not able to purchase fuel for our car with an account that had been drained. They put my account into negative and because of that I was charged overdraft fees. I am WARNING people thinking about booking at this hotel PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS, this hotel lied and stole. We had been looking forward to this vacation for months, and they turned it into a nightmare. I have never had such a horrible experience with a hotel. Please take your business elsewhere. There are many nice hotels for around the same price with a better location and honest management. Thanks a lot holiday inn Eagan, you wrecked a great vacation with your dishonesty.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
EmmettLincoln, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
I am so sorry you had this experience at a hotel in Eagan, but this was actually not our location. The Holiday Inn in Eagan is the hotel you are describing, not the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment and hope you are able to reach a resolution with them. If we can be of assistance in any way, we would be happy to help.
Road Warrior
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Spent a week here on assignment for work and had a pretty decent stay overall. This is quite an older 2 story property, some of the furnishings in the room are a tad worn but everything worked as it should. If you are use to staying in newer Holiday Inn Express properties I could see where a person might be disappointed or underwhelmed with this place but I stay in many different types of properties around the country so perhaps I can see it a little more objectively.

My room itself was a one bedroom king suite, it was pretty spacious, had 2 flat screen LCD TV's, 3 sinks, a large round kitchen-type table and a mini-microwave and fridge. I felt the room was a little dark & stuffy, especially the living room, the bedroom was fine though.

The wireless Internet worked well and the speeds were pretty quick with about 7Mbps download speed, no problems streaming video and no connectivity problems at all.

No problems at all with parking, seemed like plenty of spaces. Location was in a good area with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, there is a nice movie theater across the street as well. It's off of I-35E which. is a much less trafficy option for heading up to Minneapolis then I-35W. The hotel sits right alongside the interstate and was a little noisy but I didn't mind it at all and my room was on the interstate side.

Cleanliness was good, employees were friendly and helpful, bed was pretty comfortable but the pillows were lousy, had to go buy my own pillow from the Target across the street so I could sleep.

I guess my biggest complaint though was that I was next to the fitness room and people come in and exercise and blast the TV at all hours of the day and night. The walls of the hotel are paper thin so I was frequently woken up with the tv blaring into my room. I did not get to sleep in one single day during my stay as someone always was up at at around 4am exercising and playing the tv loudly.

Beyond that though I had a pretty good stay overall. I guess I would call this one 3.5 stars, it's certainly better then average but not necessarily "very good" given the poor soundproofing, age and condition of the hotel and rooms in general.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlCzervik1
EmmettLincoln, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had the opportunity to stay with us for a period of time and enjoy some of the amenities that we had to offer. I want to apologize for the noise from the fitness center. We look forward to having you back in the future.
LaCrossse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

From the desk clerks, to the rooms, to the house cleaning staff this place went far above expectations. We went to the cities for some collage visits and burned up a few of my priority points to book a hotel. This hotel offered the best point break so we booked and I am sure glad we did. The room was excellant very roomy with a ceiling fan above the small dining table that helped a lot. The receptionist was extremely polite and this hotel offers pull tabs to earn points. So even though it cost me points to stay I still earned points while I stayed. It is very close to all of the collages we wanted to review and with the free shuttle service back and forth from the mall of america we even got some shopping in. I reccomend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review and comments about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your spacious room and the experience with the staff. We always strive to make it a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Duluth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express to celebrate my husband and my cousin's birthdays. I made reservations with Jen at the front desk and her customer service skills were incredible!! She went above and beyond to make sure we had an amazing stay! Every hotel should have staff as accomodating and as wonderful as her, what a treasure! I also have to mention how pristine our rooms were, extremely clean and comfortable!! We enjoyed a whirlpool, king room and it was outstanding! We will ABSOLUTELY be back!! Thank you so much for making our stay WONDERFUL!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EmmettLincoln, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments about your stay. We are glad your family had a great experience and enjoyed the whirlpool room. Also, we are glad you had a wonderful experience with Jen at the front desk. We want to make sure everything is perfect throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing your family real soon and once again thanks for the comments.