All reviews close to the airport an airport hotel breakfast buffet mall shuttle driver moa
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Good location for the airport and the rooms are comfy and clean. The desk staff when I checked in (admittedly around midnight - but this is an airport hotel) appeared to regard me as an unwelcome distraction and were distinctly offhand - the first time I have everyone across this in a hotel from this group. My enquiry as to whether there was anywhere In could get a drink (don't judge me, it has been a long day!) or food was meet with an ingredulity that made me feel as though I had entered a puritan home on the Sabbath with a cry "where's the party at chaps"! (for refence the service station over the crossing is 24/7 and happy to serve you). Also be asked to move my car (parked perfectly well with other cars not in a fire or snow lane - unlike many others) and put it in the delivery area around the back of the hotel did not improve my impression of the place - the 5 minute walk back to reception through thick snow not helping here.
In the morning the staff were friendly but the breakfast was poor, with a very limited chous and a hot selection that would have been better described as a warm selection.
Overall very disappointing for a Holiday Inn - usually my preferred choice if hotels.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Hi Owls 17,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn and taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay! While I'm glad you found our location to be convenient and you liked our comfy rooms, I'm sorry you weren't welcomed warmly at check-in by some of our Reception staff! I've shared your feedback with management and I'm confident proper training of the staff involved will be done to serve our guests better.

I hope we can get the opportunity to host you again in the future and make that next stay more remarkable.

Best,

Pam G

Reviewed January 29, 2019

The staff was nice, the place is easy to find, the facility was clean, the bar is nice, the food was on par with what I was expecting, 1/2 price appetizers during happy hour, the bed was comfortable. However: 1) The hotel is close to the airport and planes fly directly over head making it difficult to sleep. 2) Something was wrong with the motor in my room's AC unit, so I couldn't sleep with it running to drowned out the planes. 3) The exhaust fan in my bathroom didn't work.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Hi Jeremy K,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to read that you appreciated our staff, cleanliness, and bed.

I am sorry to learn about the issues you had with the A/C, bathroom exhaust fan, and noise that prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We aim to be able to support you in your journey to success and your comments value to us. Kindly note that we do not take your comments lightly. We will be sharing your feedback with our management to help us focus on improving the quality of our facilities and services.

Thank you for being our guest and hope you choose us again for your next lodging needs.

Best,

Christian C.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

This hotel is an awesome place to stay and park and fly. The restaurant is great, the accommodations are great and the staff is super friendly. We have stayed here numerous times and have always had a great experience.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet and comfortable
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DirectorofOperation, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Hi Mr David H,

Thank you for taking your precious time to leave us feedback, I am glad you liked our restaurant, location and condition for park and fly.

Please accept that guest satisfaction is our main concern, we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

The staff was very nice and accommodating. I think genuinely they want to be helpful. My stay was just one misfortune after another. I think I was just struck with some crazy coincidences. My first room my room key wouldn’t work so I got another room. That room had a leaking ceiling so got another one and that one believe it or not had a broken TV. Finally the fourth room was perfect. Plus on the 3rd room the lady at the front desk helped me move my stuff plus gave me a free drink ticket. I feel they did the best they could to accommodate these mishaps. Although I do feel that maybe the hotel overall could use some updating and better equipment. Lastly on my last night I did not realized that they charged for water bottles because I had seen several people take water bottles from the fridge and not be charged. I assumed they were courtesy water bottles. So before I just grabbed I asked the front desk man if they charged and he said yes $2. I responded by saying really I did see a few people not get charged. His response, well it must have been an occasion but we charge. I was kind of frustrated but such is life . So I went upstairs and grab my wallet and went downstairs and paid him for them but did also say I was frustrated cause I’ve had so many challenges with my stay. Of course hoping he would at least offer me a
discount. He didn’t and charged me $2 for each water bottle. Of course he did not have to give them to me nor a discount and I wasn’t really annoyed but felt he missed and opportunity to offer a better customer experience. Either way the folks at the hotel offered friendly service and was accommodating to all the room mishaps.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time to leave us feedback, we appreciate your stay. First of all, please accept my apology for the room ceiling issue, please understand that guest full satisfaction is our main concern and we will work on our best to improve our service.
I am surprised by the water issue, all the beverages at our gift shop are with costs. However, I am glad that our guest service staffs were able to assist you friendly.
Thank you again for letting us know about the issues occurred to your recent stay, we look forward to assisting you in the future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 29, 2018

The desk clerk was rude, and short tempered. Lobby and common areas looked clean. The door to the closet was off the rail. The airplane noise was easily drowned out by the air conditioners noise. The coffeepot did not work. Room was clean. Bed was lousy. What is it about a hotel that one rents to sleep in while away from home, and the bed is too lousy to sleep in.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Hi mamawickie,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts online. We strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy clean, comfortable accommodations, and friendly service. I am very sorry to see that this did not happen due to the unsatisfactory level of service from our front office, and for the room and amenities not exceeding your expectations.

We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We would love to get a second chance to regain your confidence, and take care of all your traveling needs.

Tracy V.