Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
$127
$110
$140
GardenInn.com
Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge(Eagan)(Great Value!)
$107
$94
BestWestern.com
$64
QualityInn
$101
$119
$95
All reviewsclose to the airportbreakfast buffet isan airport hotelcheck in was a breezebusiness trippleasant staydesk clerkst paulshort driveshuttle servicetwin citiesmalldrivermoagarbage
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Airport pickup while appreciated was unduly slow; driver spent time talking with the hotel about whether to wait for other patrons or not. Continued the cell phone conversation while driving which was disconcerting. Bar was crowded and over noisey - not what I was looking for after a day of travel. Probably 30 patrons in the bar served by just the bar tender. She handled things as gracefully as could be hoped for with just one person, but wait for food and drink was long. Airplane noise is an issue. Elevator slow and squeaky. Main desk computer was down which meant sorting through piles of paper looking for individual reservations. Went next morning to business office to print out files to find out that the printer was out of toner; found someone in the sales office to print for me.

Room Tip: Airplane noise is going to be an issue regardless of where your room is since the hotel is under the flight path for one of the major MSP runways.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear JOHN D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was taking place near by. I applaud the efforts that the hotel is making on upgrades. However, there was a sign in the elevator that stated that carpet was being replaced the week prior. But the carpet on our floor was not new. The room its self was clean, but looked dark and dreary. There was spots on the walls and you could tell the doors and doorways in the room are not cleaned as there were spots, dirt etc, that was very noticeable. The breakfast room looks like it would be the perfect place to hold a murder mystery dinner theater. It made me kinda uncomfortable and question the cleanliness of restaurant and food areas. Also there is a very interesting picture parrots in a bird cage in the lobby that was rather odd.If convenience is not of importance to you, I would recommend staying somewhere else if you are able.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Lindsay R,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate you noticing the ongoing renovations and that you found the rooms clean. It is regrettable, though, that the condition of the hotel, in particular the carpet and breakfast area were a let down during your stay. Your comments are very important to us as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Should your future travels bring you back to Eagan, we would love to welcome you back when you can enjoy all the hotel amenities.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I traveled to Minneapolis area for work and booked this hotel after struggling to find any hotels in the area at a rate my work would pay. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. First, the staff was incredibly nice and efficient. The woman at the desk was able to point me in the direction of nearby areas to run. She also offered me bottled water upon check in on a hot and humid day. No complaints here.

I had the Executive Room, which was on the corner. The room was quiet from other guests (though I was at the end of the hall with only one room next to me, hence the corner). It was plenty big for one person and included a microwave and small fridge. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and bedding felt crisp and new. They are currently renovating by replacing hallway carpet. They appear to be just about finished, and it had no effect on my stay.

The hotel was conveniently located off Interstate 494. I didn't go into downtown Minneapolis, but I used my rental to go to St. Paul, and I was there in 15 minutes door to door. It was incredibly close. It was also a 5 minute drive to the Mall of America, and so close to the airport I could have jogged there. There was also plenty of parking even though the hotel was at full occupancy.

Highlights: really nice pool/hot tub area, decent gym to get the job done while away, cute and inviting outdoor patio area for evening sitting, nice and lively (but not too lively) bar with a hotel happy hour.

Cons (if you can even call them that???): my water pressure in my shower was lousy, but I think this was a problem with a leaky shower head. I told them upon checkout, and the front desk said they would have someone look at it. Didn't bother me though. There are hairdryers but NO HAIR CONDITIONER (ladies and long haired dudes, just remember to pack this!).

Airport noise: Some people have commented on this being loud, so I will weigh in. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper once I am asleep but struggle to fall asleep. It is an airport hotel next to an International Airport - yes, the planes fly overhead. But by that point, they are pretty high above you. From the 4th floor, yes I heard them. But it was more like moderate background noise. I live 3 blocks from an elevated subway in New York and hear that rattle through from a distance when I am home. If you are really fussy or used to living in a vacuum where there is complete silence - this may bother you. By and large, I don't think this would bother the average person.

Eagan - it is a suburb of industrial parks, so not much around. But it is conveniently situated to both cities, mall of America, and further suburbs. There are also a few restaurants nearby and shopping centers for anything you forgot (Walmart is down the road). The hotel is just off the highway exit.

I would recommend this location and stay here again. No frills, but definitely an above average experience. Good for business or family travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AndieGirl5
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Ok so let's start at the front desk, there's a little lady behind the counter that thinks she's to good to wait on people. People 3 deep on right side of counter and she has nobody by her because she's "to busy to check people in". First name begins with an S. Then reservations tells me and others that the restaurant and bar are closed for renovation....nope they weren't. Quality has gone down hill. Will not be back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear BigDannyBear,

Ben J

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I along with my husband came for a Minneapolis trip and stayed in this hotel for one day. This is in the out skirt of the crowded Minneapolis and the food joints were also on just ten mins drive from the hotel.
This was a calm place to stay in. Felt relaxed after the tiring city visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple