“Wouldn't return even if THEY paid ME!”

Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This stay had disaster stamped on it, from the beginning. I booked it through Price Line and, upon finding out where I was staying, I checked the reviews. The most recent one, at that time, referred to the hard beds and I knew there would be a problem. I called Price Line but they refused to allow me to rebook; their "solution" was to call the hotel and tag my reservation with "soft bed." I also called the hotel and was told they had "hard" and "medium" mattresses and would be sure to tag my reservation. Upon checking in I told Mina (who threw my ID back on the counter after looking at it and really should not be in the hospitality business) that I needed a softer mattress. The two beds in the room were equally uncomfortable and despite adding multiple comforters for padding I had three nights of misery. Mina's response to my complaints were that all their beds were the same and the hotel was full. I have spent the five days since leaving taking major pain killers. I had no additional problems with the place, but if you have any sort of issues with your back or hips, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Homelytraveler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Homelytraveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the firmness of the bed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was great. It was very clean and the quietest hotel I have stayed in. You could not hear anything in the halls while you slept, you could run the shower without waking anyone in the room, and you never hear your neighbours! It was near the airport, and the mall of America. There is some nice pathways close by for walking or biking, a really nice neighborhood. The pool was great, a nice break for after all that shopping!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have stayed here a few times while in the Cities. The Park and Fly option is nice. The location is close to the airport and Mall of America and has easy access to other areas of the southern suburbs. Rooms are standard hotel rooms in decent shape. Free Wi-Fi. Check-in process went fine. Complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning. Buffet breakfast was free for kids. Kids enjoyed the pool/hot tub which hasn't been crowded during our stays. As a runner, I do appreciate the proximity to several nice paved trails (easy access to Big River trail). The National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center is a few miles west on 494 and is a great place to do a trail run (bring bug spray).

Cons: No vent in bathrooms so mirrors fog up easily. Parking is really hit or miss. Most evenings when we returned to the hotel it took 10-15 minutes of circling the lot to find somewhere to park. Not enough spots for the number of cars. This has been a problem for many years and it's not evident to me that there is a plan to address this.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear BizzyGal16,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our location and some of our amenities.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear your issues about our parking facility. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and will be used for future upgrades. Once again, thank you and we all hope that you give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Dhan M

Reviewed June 5, 2013

To call this a hotel is a stretch. Much more like a cheap motel. Our room was had a bad smokey smell and was quite old appearing. The evening front desk staff was rude and acted like I was bothering her when we checked in. The pull out bed almost fell apart when we opened it and the mattress sunk into the back of the spring so you couldn't really use the pull out. About the only good thing was the breaksfast and that was average at best. Because of the smoke in the room my asthma flared up within one hr of arrival and I woke up with a headache. Don't waste your money. Stay somewhere else. We definitely won't be back here. Quite disappointed since we've stayed at many other holiday inn expresses in the past and usually are quite satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cohotelhunt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Cohotelhunt,

Thank you for your review of our property.

I am truly disappointed to hear about your troubles during your stay with us. We always aim to provide our guests with an exceptional stay and we deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience our staff has caused you and for any discomforts the smell of the room has brought you.

Once again, thank you for your comments and rest assured that it will be used to improve guest services. We hope that you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our hotel.

Dhan M

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I am staying here right now. Did not sleep well on night 1. The mattress is basically a box spring with a pad on top. I just told a ladie at the front desk who seemed quite disinterested. She said all the beds are that way. She said that there was nothing she could do. I asked of they could maybe deliver a few extra comforters and a bunch of pillows? She said she would talk to housekeeping, but didn't write my room # down or anything and seemed very put off about the whole thing, so we will see. I will amend this later if they somehow make it better. It really is too bad, because all the other staff has been fantastic and the property itself is one I would recommend, if only I could sleep comfortably. For the record, I sleep in hotels 1-4 night's a month and have never complained about bedding before.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank bloop7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear bloop7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience our beds may have caused you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back and ensuring that you have a hassle free stay with us.

Krysllin G

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Arrived early evening on May 14th. Front desk staffer (Mina?) was business like but not welcomingly friendly. Later on in the evening I noted she was quite animated as she chatted with her other front desk staffer. Don't usually comment on this type of item, but her lack of passion for her job was jarringly evident.

Hotel is a reasonable bargin. Clean and easily accessible. Because of its "park and fly" option the parking lot is usually crowded but space was available. Just don't expect to always find a parking space near the front door. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Albert A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Albert A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the service you received. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

All in all it isn't a bad place. If you are a frequent traveler as I am, you tend to notice more in the hotel industry. Staying in hotels across the country 16 days a month, I've come to expect a level of customer service equivalent to that which you might encounter at an Apple store. Treat me like you appreciate the fact I have chosen to stay at your place, and would like to continue to retain my business. The front desk lady acted as if it were a hassle to lookup my priority number and was obviously flustered with the fact that the four rooms we had here needed a late checkout of 1pm. I will be placing this place in the "dont stay" category for the company I work for. I will say though, the buffalo chicken salad in the restaurant is the best ive ever had.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Campman612

Dear Campman612,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the food served at the restaurant. We are sorry that you didn’t find your stay as pleasant as you would have hoped due to the issues with the service you received, but rest assured that we will take your comments under consideration so they will help us become the best hotel we can be. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Eagan you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagan/St Paul
Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area? Share your experiences!