“The noise got to us”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We've stayed at this motel several times, including this recent Thanksgiving weekend. On the plus side, the location is great, very close to a freeway interchange, and also close to a large commercial area with many kinds of stores and restaurants. The included breakfast is about average, nothing great, but you can get a quick bite to eat and get going on your day. The two rooms we had--king "suites"--were plain but reasonably sized, although when the sofabed is open, maneuvering is tricky. Overall, I would give this motel higher grades, but we had problems in both rooms with the heating equipment. On one setting, the heat went on and stayed on, regardless of thermostat settings, so the room roasted. On the "auto" setting, the thermostat worked, but the heater cycled on and off and made a racket; it woke us up every time. (The noise seemed to be the AC compressor, though why that would go on during a heat cycle is unknown.). A fair amount of noise also came in through the walls and the door. If you're really a sound sleeper, none of this would bother you, and you'll probably find this a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank MinnViking

Reviewed November 16, 2011

This Marriott was perfect! Very accommodating, spacious, friendly, and a GREAT price! My bill actually ended up being lower than what I was told I was going to pay, which makes any person excited! I would definitely stay here again! Great selections for breakfast, and very helpful, prompt shuttle services! Their staff is great!

Room Tip: I suggest going to parksleepfly.com, as they can get you a cheaper rate. Other than that, the whole...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The front desk absolutely went above-and-beyond with helping me with transportation. I didn't even have to wait to talk to a staff member. My room was spacious and well-appointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lakes--really pretty.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I'd call this a very comfortable,clean, and service oriented hotel.
I like Marriots design and package on the Springhill suites. Large rooms, queen beds,
and a seperate sink and shower area to move families along in the morning. Pool area
was clean, and the breakfast was above average for what you find most places.
Front desk staff was great!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We had a very nice time there. Pool is great! Breakfast was hot. Will be back there. Chili's is walking distance and Wal-Mart is across the street.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ryansmom41
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed here one night for business. The property is nice, in a decent area with shops and restaurants. Easy access to I-494/94 to head to Wisconsin, but it's a bit further from the airport. As a Marriott elite member, I was upgraded to a "spa suite" which I didn't use. Everything was nice and adequate in the rooms, there was a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee. No LCD TV's in the rooms and decor was dated a little, AC system struggled to keep up at times. My iron was "leaky", but this happens to me a lot at hotels that don't cater specifically to business. Hot breakfast was nice. Definitely an option for next time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our daughter's softball team stayed here for a national tournament July 20-24. The hotel was very clean, as there was someone always cleaning during the day. At night it did get a little messy but the day crew came in and it was back in tip top shape. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Even when there were softball teams, baseball teams, weddings staying all at the same time. There is a nice wooden deck on the back side of the pool with a gas grill. We used that area a lot and used the grill to make lunch one day. Second floor had the coin laundry which was put to good use by us! Shuttle bus to Mall of America was very handy too. Rooms were spacious. Location of the bathroom is different but it works. Sink area is small. Refrigerator is a dorm size and works great. Plenty of pillows, beds were comfortable.

The only complaints that I had were that the swimming pool is a saltwater pool. I am not very educated on the difference of that and a chlorine pool. The pool gave my youngest daughter what I call "burns". Turned her skin red in places and when we put on sunscreen the next day she would scream that it stung. Also, the hours of the hot breakfast are not very accommodating. Weekdays they start at 6:30am and weekends 7:00am. Our girls had 8:00am games everyday and had to leave the hotel by 6:30am, they never ate a hot breakfast. They do have "cold" items out like cereal, yogurt, fruit. But when you're playing softball you need some substance to get you through the games. I was told at the front desk if they would have known they would've staffed to start earlier. A minor thing is that our room had the "old" style of television sets. Some rooms did have flat screens, ours did not. Not a wide variety of channels either. My children went through Disney Channel and Nickelodeon with drawl's. And if you're lucky enough to have floor rooms above you, you can hear the running. We bring a fan with us to drown out noise so it wasn't an issue but can definitely hear it.

All in all, SpringHill Suite Eagan was fabulous. If we have another tournament in that area we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family