“What a great hotel”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Middletown, Connecticut
“What a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

This was the last place we stayed in during out trip and my only regret is that we didn't have more time. The room was outstanding as was the whole staff. I've never met a more professional staff. By all means, make this your next place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

This Residence Inn looks and feels like an apartment complex. The rooms are basically units in a four-plex, with several buildings surrounding the main office and the outdoor pool. A June stay was great. A January stay, perhaps not so much. The pool is on the small side, but it was well-kept with plentiful towels.

The staff were all very friendly. The rooms were clean, though, as one reviewer noted, it's annoying to have the light switch for the relatively small toilet and tub area on the outside of that small room.

The breakfast was great and well stocked. The staff kept the area clean. I didn't mind walking outside to breakfast on a sunny June day, but a cold spring or winter day, again, not so much.

The location is not perfect. Near the airport with some but not bad airplane noise. The area is not exaclty scenic. But it;s relatively convenient to the Mall fo America and downtown St. Paul.

All in all, a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

Rooms were very clean, nice size, friendly front desk staff my anger started days later. My bank account was overdrafted and I discovered the charges were from the hotel. When I called to question the charges the assistant manager told me I was charged because I smoked in my room. I told him that was not true, don't smoke and after check in we went to the party and actually did not arrive back to the hotel until around 3am,went right to bed, woke up and left. I demanded my money back and he told me again very rudely that it was the hotels policy. I told him again I did not break any policy and wanted proof. This is what get's me he said they had pic's of me in the room smoking, #1 i knew I would not be in any pic in the room smoking but what about the privacy issue? The gen manager did refund my "smoking fee"but no overdraft fees. He promised a call back w/an explaination, never recieved a call. Recieved an email comment card told the whole situation, still no explaination of the situation. I used to always stay w/this chain and 1 of the reasons is the no smoking policy, kinda ironic huh?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angiemc75
smithkatie, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2010
There are no video camera's in any rooms. This guest was told that we took pictures as evidence of smoking in the room - these pictures were of the bowl she used as an ashtray and the cig butts. Marriott is 100% smoke free environment with a $250 fine if caught smoking in the room.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

Excellent, friendly staff. They went out of their way to be more than accommodating in every area. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

We spent six nights at the residence inn, eagan, mn, visiting our daughter in st. paul, and our stay could not have been more enjoyable. thank you marriott residence inn, eagan, for being Pet Friendly! from the moment of checking in until we had to leave to come home, all those employees and staff we came in to contact with on a daily basis couldn't have been more pleasant, helpful, or accomodating. they were all just terrific. residence inn should be proud to have these wonderful folks representing them. our room was great...large enough for a week's stay to make it seem more like an apartment and home away from home. we can't wait to return. we will always stay here. thanks so much. The Shank's, Mt. Dora, Fl

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sshankatc
WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

I have no complaints about our stay here - the front desk staff & breakfast area staff were extremely friendly. The room was good - the breakfast choices were plentiful. The location was quiet except for the closeness to the airport. Eagan's Convention & Visitors Bureau does a lot of promotions with the local hotels so we have stayed in Eagan often and always at a Marriott (Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inn) and we've never been disappointed.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carebear325
Brookfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

Best accomodations around St. Paul for the $. Room was well above average with exceptional king bed and very clean. Well equipted kitchen. Breakfast was the best!!! Above and beyond our expectations.

Stayed October 2008