All reviews full kitchen basketball court fire pit front desk apartment complex outdoor pool loft bedroom sitting area free breakfast park and fly enjoyed my stay twin cities great place to stay beds were comfortable fireplace iman dishwasher
Reviewed September 1, 2013

this is the perfect place to stay with a family. it has roomy rooms and a place for everyone to relax after a busy day. it has a kitchen that you can have some food to snack on inbetween adventures in the Twin Cities. It's close to the Mall and a quiet place to get to many of the other thigns you may be doing there. the breakfast is good, the staff are very friendly. the outside pool is great after a busy hot day to cool off in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Erin O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We make sure to provide an exceptional experience for each and every person while here, and we are always so thrilled when we hear we exceeded someones expectations. I have shared your nice comments about breakfast and the friendliness of the staff with everyone here. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This Residence Inn is in the SE part of Minneapolis/St. Paul which puts you close to most attractions. The Mall of America was about 10 minutes door to door, and the immediate area around the hotel wasn't difficult to navigate. This was a typical Residence Inn setup with a number of separate buildings with two floors. The office area was also where the breakfast was served in the mornings. We found the breakfasts to be good and the offerings were different each day so there was some nice variety. As with many hotels that provide breakfast, seating was a bit limited during peak hours. The hotel also had an outdoor pool which was well kept and enjoyable. There was also a basketball court and a fire pit, but there were no fires during our stay. Our room was on the second floor, which is only accessible by stairs so plan accordingly. The room itself was incredibly spacious, with a living room w/ fireplace, eating area, full kitchen and two separate sleeping areas with their own TVs and full bathrooms. Everything was clean, including all the kitchen appliances. I did notice some minor areas on the outside that could have used some paint and general repair but nothing that was of concern. We were able to get a very good rate for our stay and I was very satisfied overall. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: You may want to request a first floor room if you have trouble with stairs or plan to carry heavy baggage. It's a bit challenging to get to the second floor rooms with large suitcases.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us! I am happy to hear you were very satisfied with the time you spent here. Eagan is a very centrally located area, close to many attractions, Mall of America included, and I am glad to hear you found the neighborhood easy to navigate. I have shared with our breakfast staff your wonderful comments about the variety of food. In regards to the seating area, we typically have over flow seating available in our upper level meeting space, I would like to apologize that you were not made aware of it. From everyone at the Residence Inn we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked this after a great experience at Res. Inn in Joplin. This doesn't compare. It looks like it was an apt. complex converted to hotel. We got an upstairs suite, which I was fine with, until we arrived to find it has outside stairs to haul everything up. I am disabled and had a difficult time. Was supposed to be non smoking, whoever was in the room below us was smoking often.
inside was decent, although not the cleanest. There were no phone books or local info, tv show info, hotel info (what's where...) We had 2 bathrooms, loft shower was fine, couldn't get hot water in lower level one. There are dishes supplied, the ones in the cupboard were put away dirty, no hand wash dish soap available.
Will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Be sure where your room is located. Do not eat off the dishes unless you wash them first
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Erin O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are actually one of the first generations of Residence Inn hotels which were designed to have the feel of a small community, as a result our property layout is much different than the stereotypical modern hotel. As a Marriott property we pride ourselves on our non-smoking atmosphere and cleanliness. We strive daily to maintain the highest cleanliness standards and to police the area for non compliance with our non-smoking policy. I would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced as a guest and we greatly value and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here again a few weeks ago. Called them about 11:30 am to see if we might be able to check in early. Our room type was not available yet but Alex(Alexis?) At the front desk asked for my phone number and said she would call me as soon as a room was available. Not even 20 minutes later she called and said she had a room for us. Quick stop at Rainbow and we were in our room baking cookies on a nice cool Saturday afternoon. Love, love, love this place! Feels like our own apartment. So comfortable and space for everyone in our room. Great location too!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Erin O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yet another weekend with us. Residence Inn Eagan strives to make each guest experience a "Home Away from Home" feeling and it sounds like we accomplished that. I was able to share your review with each staff member here, and on behalf of the entire team, we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here with a group of scouts headed to Canada to canoe so we wanted a place convenient to the airport. The rooms were VERY clean and spacious with a nice sitting area and full kitchen. There is a pool and basketball court, so the guys had activities to keep them busy. The hot breakfast was better than most and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a convenience store and a very good casual dining restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that your scouts enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool and basketball court! We hope to serve you again sometime in the future.