All reviews full kitchen basketball court fire pit front desk apartment complex outdoor pool loft bedroom sitting area free breakfast park and fly enjoyed my stay shuttle service twin cities great place to stay beds were comfortable fireplace iman
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here with a group of scouts headed to Canada to canoe so we wanted a place convenient to the airport. The rooms were VERY clean and spacious with a nice sitting area and full kitchen. There is a pool and basketball court, so the guys had activities to keep them busy. The hot breakfast was better than most and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a convenience store and a very good casual dining restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that your scouts enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool and basketball court! We hope to serve you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family - wife and three children (14, 12, and 10 yrs of age) - stayed at RI – Eagan for one week past mid-July. We were there on a business/family trip to Minneapolis.

We were all impressed with the service that we received from the various staff at this hotel. All were professional and were very helpful.

I would like to personally thank: the numerous drivers (the very funny Aiman “tiger or MT”, very informative Dave who drove us in the mornings, Dave – the manager, and Erin – the assistant manager, Todd, and Angela) who took us to and from MOA and the airport; the staff that took care of our needs at the front desk (always smiling Ramone, very helpful Jon, snack man Todd, the young lady with the brown hair who booked our numerous shuttle rides to MOA in the mornings, and big Sean); and the staff that prepared breakfast and the social hour, namely, Gerry (spelling?) and the spunky Mary-Jo (who graciously took care of family’s needs!!). If I left out anyone, I apologize. I would like to thank all of you as all of you went beyond your duty to make our stay comfortable.

The rooms were spacious with a full kitchen, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast and social hour foods were great as they were included in the price. My kids loved the food, and if they love it, I have no complaints!! We all had no issues with the free wireless internet service, especially in our room. The pool was a great relief and used it often because during our stay, the temperature was more than 90 F!!

We shall return!! Thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for responding! I notified Tiger, Angela, Sean, Jon, both Dave's, Erin, and the other members of the staff that you mentioned of your survey. We are all so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and take pleasure in being your home away from home!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. We had a full size kitchen including a full size refrigerator. The room was very clean and very spacious for both my husband and me and our two little dogs. There was a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles and lots of healthy choices. Monday - Wednesday there an opportunity for a light dinner. When we were there, the first night were hamburgers and the second night was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup....always a salad.

The people working there were very nice and helpful. The gym was small, but it had equipment we use at our gym where we live. The Residence Inn was in an industrial area and for the most part was very quiet. There was a pet area and a sidewalk across the street that we could walk the dogs.

The Inn is very convenient to the airport and to the Mall of America.

1  Thank Debbie C

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review the Residence Inn Eagan! We are glad to hear that you found our hotel accommodating for your entire family (including your two dogs). We love to see people bringing their pets because sometimes we can't be considered someone's home away from home without them! We hope to see your family back here again!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here at the start of a round trip through Minnesota, and the hotel had a great location for our visit to Mall of America.
The suite had two separate bedrooms, ideal for our family of 4! Also, grandma and grandson loved the pool! Coin operated washers also work well.

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal, choose the suite with two separate bedrooms! (But consider that it's on the 2nd floor with no elevator...)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great location for the Mall of America. I'm glad that our Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite accomodated your family of four and if you are ever planning on taking another round trip through the Land of 10,000 lakes again, we would love to see you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've stayed at this property over the years and it really has not changed much. We made an error when booking. I did not realize some of the two bedroom rooms have a Murphy bed, which might be nice if you wanted extra room but we wanted the privacy of a separate room. The hotel was able to accommodate us the last two nights of our stay. We have stayed here because my husband is a Marriott guy but I will be looking elsewhere next time we are in town.
The first night, I got no sleep. We opted for the more comfortable loft bed rather than the Murphy bed. The light in the stairwell was incredibly bright, it felt like it was daylight. It was difficult to sleep. Then, every time the A/C switched on it made a shuddering loud noise which of course was off and on all night. The walls are paper thin and even on the second floor I could hear a conversation two gentlemen were having at 1 AM when the AC was not on. I tried going down to the Murphy bed to sleep and the AC noise was marginally better, but not much. We tried switching hotels that night but were unable to find anything at the last minute that would accommodate our daughter and granddaughters who were joining us.
Thankfully we were able to switch to a room with a closed bedroom the next two nights.
Neither time did we have any luggage racks at all in our room.
There was either mold or peeling paint all over, I did not want to look closely.
Two mornings our in-room coffee maker was not functioning so we had to request a replacement one. We had brought our own good coffee and were disappointed their equipment was not working. The first room had a dysfunctional electrical switch, which was covered but I would have worried about any toddlers roaming around. Our second room had an issue on the stairs where something sharp stabbed my foot and left a splinter which is still embedded in my foot. Thankfully it was me and not one of the small children.
The bathroom door lock did not work and the shower head looked like it had not been replaced in ages. The wood on the balcony looked like it would break at any moment.
Housekeeping came by three times, starting at 9 am on a Saturday while our youngest was still asleep. We asked her to return later, which she did, several times, until we left, and then never made our beds? She emptied garbage, started the dishwasher, (broken seal on that), and that was it. She did not remove the soiled rags in the kitchen or wipe down the counter, just new towels and garbage. Perhaps we were supposed to ask for more cleaning but it's terribly disappointing to walk into your supposedly cleaned room to see your bed unmade.
We will not stay again, which is sad because the idea is nice.
We've stayed at other Residence Inns that were MUCH nicer than this one and there is no comparison.
The breakfast buffet fell far short of expectations based on other Residence Inn experiences. They don't have real dishes, just a lot of styrofoam which is horrible for the environment.
The towels were thin and old. We had just stayed at a Residence Inn in Tampa and that is 5 stars compared to this.
I'm surprised Marriott leaves it flagged as a Marriott Residence Inn.

1  Thank HVB