$82
Country Inn
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$116
$145
Staybridge.com
$85
  • Room Service
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtfront deskapartment complexoutdoor poolseparate buildingsloft bedroomsofa bedconvenience storesitting areafree breakfastpark and flyenjoyed my stayshuttle servicetwin citiesgreat place to staybeds were comfortable
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here at the start of a round trip through Minnesota, and the hotel had a great location for our visit to Mall of America.
The suite had two separate bedrooms, ideal for our family of 4! Also, grandma and grandson loved the pool! Coin operated washers also work well.

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal, choose the suite with two separate bedrooms! (But consider that it's on the 2nd floor with no elevator...)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great location for the Mall of America. I'm glad that our Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite accomodated your family of four and if you are ever planning on taking another round trip through the Land of 10,000 lakes again, we would love to see you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've stayed at this property over the years and it really has not changed much. We made an error when booking. I did not realize some of the two bedroom rooms have a Murphy bed, which might be nice if you wanted extra room but we wanted the privacy of a separate room. The hotel was able to accommodate us the last two nights of our stay. We have stayed here because my husband is a Marriott guy but I will be looking elsewhere next time we are in town.
The first night, I got no sleep. We opted for the more comfortable loft bed rather than the Murphy bed. The light in the stairwell was incredibly bright, it felt like it was daylight. It was difficult to sleep. Then, every time the A/C switched on it made a shuddering loud noise which of course was off and on all night. The walls are paper thin and even on the second floor I could hear a conversation two gentlemen were having at 1 AM when the AC was not on. I tried going down to the Murphy bed to sleep and the AC noise was marginally better, but not much. We tried switching hotels that night but were unable to find anything at the last minute that would accommodate our daughter and granddaughters who were joining us.
Thankfully we were able to switch to a room with a closed bedroom the next two nights.
Neither time did we have any luggage racks at all in our room.
There was either mold or peeling paint all over, I did not want to look closely.
Two mornings our in-room coffee maker was not functioning so we had to request a replacement one. We had brought our own good coffee and were disappointed their equipment was not working. The first room had a dysfunctional electrical switch, which was covered but I would have worried about any toddlers roaming around. Our second room had an issue on the stairs where something sharp stabbed my foot and left a splinter which is still embedded in my foot. Thankfully it was me and not one of the small children.
The bathroom door lock did not work and the shower head looked like it had not been replaced in ages. The wood on the balcony looked like it would break at any moment.
Housekeeping came by three times, starting at 9 am on a Saturday while our youngest was still asleep. We asked her to return later, which she did, several times, until we left, and then never made our beds? She emptied garbage, started the dishwasher, (broken seal on that), and that was it. She did not remove the soiled rags in the kitchen or wipe down the counter, just new towels and garbage. Perhaps we were supposed to ask for more cleaning but it's terribly disappointing to walk into your supposedly cleaned room to see your bed unmade.
We will not stay again, which is sad because the idea is nice.
We've stayed at other Residence Inns that were MUCH nicer than this one and there is no comparison.
The breakfast buffet fell far short of expectations based on other Residence Inn experiences. They don't have real dishes, just a lot of styrofoam which is horrible for the environment.
The towels were thin and old. We had just stayed at a Residence Inn in Tampa and that is 5 stars compared to this.
I'm surprised Marriott leaves it flagged as a Marriott Residence Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HVB
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Eagan because the downtown hotels that night were full. We have stayed many times at Residence Inns, but were disappointed in this one.

The room was large, as expected, but it was shabby. The bathroom (toilet/bath/shower room, separate sink/vanity area) was outdated. The towels were nothing special. The bed was comfortable, and the bedding was ok. If I were the owner I'd rip out the carpeting and refresh the rooms.

The worst part of our stay was the breakfast. It was sub-par. My husband had eggs, which he said were terrible and he didn't eat them. I stuck with yogurt. The buffet line was very narrow and you kept bumping in to people on either side. The tables were crowded in and unappealing.

Needless to say we won't be back.

Room Tip: These are townhouse style, with an outside stairway that serves 2 uppers. If you have mobility issues, be sure to request a downstairs unit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently was booked to stay here for a business meeting the following day. I was a little frazzled by traffic when I finally got there, and this hotel is huge, and the lobby is kind of tucked away, so I didn't see it right away. The clerk was very helpful and gave me directions to the back of the hotel. My room was on the bottom floor, very easy to find and very roomy and comfortable. It had a full kitchen, a couch and chaise chair, big comfy bed and lots of room and closet space. The TV is big and can be turned anywhere in the room for viewing. The next morning, walked over to the lobby for the breakfast...again, huge...pretty much anything you could want, from waffles, eggs and sausage, fruit, cereals, biscuits and gravy, toast and bagels, pastries...everything very good. Definitely recommend this place. I didn't venture out for supper, as I wasn't keen on getting back in my car, but there are places you can walk to, a big gas and convenience store, and a couple restaurants near by.

Room Tip: bottom floor on back side was great, but think they're probably all pretty good...don't think there are elevators so if you get an upper floor, will have to drag bags up
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Erin O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. From the entire staff at the Residence Inn Eagan we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms, great staff and awesome breakfast! Upon checking in we forgot to request a "pet free" room (due to my son and husband's allergies) but the management was able to get us moved and even upgraded to a two bedroom for a minimal rate increase for our second night. The two level suites are definitely worth the extra money. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Krysia H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear we were able to make your stay with us more comfortable by providing a pet free room and an upgrade! I have passed along your kind remarks to the entire team here at the Residence Inn Eagan. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future.