$118
$85
  • Room Service
$101
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtfront deskapartment complexoutdoor poolseparate buildingsloft bedroomsofa bedconvenience storesitting areafree breakfastpark and flyenjoyed my stayshuttle servicetwin citiesgreat place to staybeds were comfortable
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Where do I begin, we had a fireplace room, queen bed. Very roomy, closet space, kitchen, bathroom area, very homey. Breakfast had variety, shuttle ran often to MOA, and if you needed to run a short distance they accomodated. Staff was utterly friendly, maintenance was called for a probelm with our TV, it was fixed within 5 minutes of my notifying the front desk. We WILL stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This hotel made our rainy stay a lot brighter. The staff was awesome and allowed early check in, was easy to get to mall of america on the shuttles that left ever few hours and brought you back. The rooms were equiped with everything you needed to cook and even a dishwasher. The hotel even have printed out cards to get to destinations that you need to drive to ie: groceries ect. theen you flip it over and it brings yu back with directions, so cool. The beds were the best, so soft and real comforters. The breakfast was like going to brunch so much food.We would stay here in a heart beat and I recommend it to everyone, it truly felt like coming home. Thanks Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Stayed 4 nights, very clean and well kept, very nice staff, nicely remodeled. Complete hot breakfast. Free wireless internet, nice kitchen facilities in each room. Will be staying here again later this month. Would highly recommend. Very Good Value

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This is a nice property--a basic Residence Inn that has been more recently renovated. When we checked in, we were told that we had been upgraded to one of their penthouse suites (he told us that we had the same last name as his favorite comic book writer so he upgraded us). The penthouse was nice with a lofted bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Again, the property is not fancy, but very comfortable and the staff were very nice. There is a huge sports bar/restaurant next door (Joe Senser's) that was good.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grommit7
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Having stayed at several studio hotels in the past, this one has to rate the best!

Check-in:
Booking directly on their website, I was easily able to secure a $89.00/night rate staying 07.20.07 to 07.22.07 for 1 room for my wife and I including a selection for 'early check-in'. Upon arriving at about 8am (several hours prior to their normal 3pm check-in time), we were informed that a room would be able at 10am and that we were free to have breakfast at the buffet while we waited.

Free Breakfast:
The breakfast had several hot choices and included the usual scrambled eggs, pancakes, omelets, waffles, sausage links or patties, potatoes, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, plain oatmeal (with walnuts, raisins, brown sugar, etc. for toppings), toast, milk, cereal, juices...it really was quite good. The menu options change daily and the hours were very reasonable (6:30am to 9:30am on weekdays, 7am to 10am weekends). I does get quite crowded during the high point of the morning as the hotel is usually at capacity due to the Mall of America being only 10 mins. away by car, but there still was plenty to eat, regardless of the palate.

Room:
The room was ready at 10am as promised and we found it to be as clean as any room could be (the cleaning was not hurried to accomodate us). Inside was a king size bed, couch, chair, large desk, fully-stocked kitchen including full size microwave, electric stove and oven, dishwasher and refrigerator. As the hotel went smoke-free in 2006, it was nice odor-free air throughout the complex. The bed was excellent with fluffy pillows, nice sheets and comforter and comfortable mattress. The bathroom area included a vanity (large counter with the sink separate from the toilet and shower) and had a decent sized tub/shower, though the tub seemed to be sloped to the point that it could be easy to slip if you're not careful. I did not watch TV, so I cannot comment on the quality of the stations. We do not use maid service or room service during our hotel stays, so I can't comment on that either. On item of note, the hotel is more like a motel with each room exiting to the outside (no central hallway).

The outdoor heated pool looked like an OK size for the # of rooms at the hotel and included a outdoor hot tub, though we did not try either during our stay. The wireless internet is one point of concern as they use an outside firm which looks sketchy when you connect to it and apparently sent my computer a Trojan virus which my computer's internet security was able to intercept. Upon letting the hotel staff know, I was told to contact the wireless firm's 800-number and that I could bring my computer to the lobby and use their wired internet (they even provided the ethernet cable). Since I only needed to get online briefly, I never contacted the firm. That is probably my only negative for this review, but certainly does not outweigh the positives in my mind. They also have a free walk-up computer with internet access through a proprietary browser, so some websites may not load correctly (especially ones with ActiveX controls). They do allow you to print directions and e-tickets from it free though, so overall it's still quite nice.

Staff:
As I stated, the staff was very acommodating and friendly.

Check-out:
Easy as pie with a complete list of charges left on your door in the morning.

In all, I would definitely recommend this to any traveler coming to the St. Paul region as it was definitely the best hotel I could find.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business