All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtfire pitfront deskapartment complexoutdoor poolloft bedroomsitting areafree breakfastpark and flyenjoyed my stayshuttle servicetwin citiesgreat place to staybeds were comfortablefireplaceiman
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were in Minnesota for a week of team sports. Found this hotel JUST on the other side of the river from the twin cities. Free parking, free internet, free breakfast...you see a theme here? :) When we wanted to go into the city, it was a 15 minute drive... Plenty of food places nearby and with a full kitchen, we ate in nearly as much as out. It has an apartment complex feel with a central common area with pool, hot tub, fire pit, and basketball court. Lots of folks sit out in the evening around the firepit with a cold beverage or three.
I am going to throw in a few detractors just so the folks there can check them out:

1- The pillows - Lots of them, but all very small. I'm a big feather pillow kinda guy and these certainly weren't it.
2- The Pool - The skimmer had not been cleaned in a LONG time...wasn't functioning because it was full. Needs attention. (Hot tub was awesome - emptied and refilled nightly!)
3 - Few more minutes attention on room cleaning - had a cloth cooler that I wanted to keep on top of the fridge at night. Had to do some serious dust removal up there to not get it filthy every time I put it up there.

Overall, this place was great. Plenty of selections for breakfast (I did not attend any of the evening socials). I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom; 1 closed bedroom and 1 loft. The sofa made out into a bed, but you would have had to be pretty young to sleep there. Super thin mattress and you could feel those cross-bars. Great room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelVA98
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here prior to flying out of the Twin Cities on vacation. There were five of us and we had plenty of room. There was a full kitchen , two bathrooms, and three hi-def LCD tv's. It's a rather large complex that has sort of a condominium feel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We did not use the airport shuttle. We chose to drive and park , the drive was only about 10 minutes. The free breakfast was nice. Overall I think that was a very good value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I typically love my stay at Residence Inn. While my room was absolutely fine, the hotel exterior was run down. Peeling paint, sagging stairs and just a worn out feeling. A broom would have helped. This location was very convenient for the airport. Check in and out was smooth. Breakfast was good. Corporate needs to come and have a look. If freshened up, everything would be good. The hotel was full, so perhaps others do not care about curb appeal. There is a newly re-opened restaurant that is within walking distance. So this could be a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here and it is perfect for us, we have two boys that are and 8 And we get the suite so we have room for a longer stay. We enjoy the layout of the room and the rooms, set like a townhouse so we can enjoy a neirborgood like place. The outdoor pool is great and enjoy the helpful staff with local attractions. It is close to everything and the area is great too. We love it and we stay here when we return.

Room Tip: We had the penthouse suite which has an upstairs and a separate bedroom with a door, the upstairs has a bedroom which is great for the kids.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently were in town for my nephew's baseball tournament and stayed two nights. We were pleasantly surprised by all the "extras" you don't get at a hotel. There was a full kitchen, including full-sized fridge and oven, and a seating area. Breakfast was included and was different both days. Wide array of hot and cold breakfast food. We had my brother's family over (three young boys) and we enjoyed the pool and basketball court. The pool was small, but it served it's purpose. The whirlpool tub was very small, too, but not a problem for us as it was 90 degrees outside.

We did not like that you had to be in your room by 10pm. We wanted to sit in the courtyard by the fire pit.

We will definitely stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying for an extended period of time. It is like renting an apartment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family