“Perfect Hotel for Family”

Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Regina, Canada
“Perfect Hotel for Family”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

What a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn! For the four of us, me, my wife and two teenage girls. The accommodation was perfect. It is not the most updated or posh hotel we ever stayed in but everything was decent. There is full kitchenette, two bedrooms (one is in the Loft, very cool) and a sofabed. We all have room to stretch, two bath rooms and three TVs. I thought we could not ask for anything better until we have our complimentary breakfast. We were there for five days, the hot items were different everyday and very delicious. The staff were extremely friendly and they even offer to clear the plates. Wonderful service with a smile. Way to go.

Room Tip: Get the loft penthouse suite. For the small difference in price. Your kids will love it and it is &q...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was a pleasant surprise to see the rooms really well structured which gave a very homely feeling ( once inside the room ). Included a kitchen, sofa and a really comfortable bed. Pretty good food and extremely helpful and courteous staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Duluth Mn
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here after shopping at the MOA before Christmas. We got the loft type of room. The extra space is great, the rooms are nice ,and its only a few miles from the mall.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, IL
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I was amazed how large the rooms were--they were actually suites and included a kitchen, sofa, etc. It was the size of an apartment.

Room Tip: I would recommend a lower floor. There are two story buildings so the rooms are in separate building...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights with a family of 4 the last week of Oct. Had a 2 bedroom loft unit. Overall was unusually tired, older and worn for a Marriott property. Is the original Residence Inn design, and it seems time to retire that style of lodging.
Some positives: Reasonable price,($125 a night) good location, not noisy from the expressway, not too noisy from the airport flight path. Breakfast was well run and plentiful.
Not so good: The property is simply old: cracked concrete, old worn wood on doors, some carpet is worn, siding is discolored in spots, roofs need replaced, door on our unit did not work easily and required a Superman SLAM! Exercise room without ANY air circulation.
If pressed and required we would stay here again, but would not select again if other choices available.

Room Tip: IF you stay, away from expressway and on the southern side is best. May want to ask if sport teams a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank WITravels1512
Richfield, Minnesota
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The staff here is wonderful! They were so helpful in getting our wedding block set up and providing online reservations for the guests too. Our rehearsal dinner group unintentionally ended up at one for the fire pits on their grounds. The staff was very polite and even offered a solution to move us inside when our group continued to grow and got too loud after hours. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the second floor with only stair access. The staff was very good to make su...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Iowa
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I love this place for the breakfast alone! Weekend (never stayed during the week) breakfasts are full of hot and cold entrees -- eggs, sausage, pancakes, make-your-own-waffles, toast, cereal, fruit, juice, yogurt, pastries, bagels, oatmeal -- well, I love breakfast! The room was very comfortable though the desk chair could have gone up a little higher for me since I'm tall. I finally resorted to sitting on a pillow and that was much better. I reported a stain on the bathroom ceiling when I left and was assured that they would get right on it. The bed was very comfortable and TONS of pillows to choose the one that was "just right" for me. The kitchenette was great and I made ice for my own beverages and used the freezer to keep some food-stuffs until I left. This time I didn't use much more of the kitchen, but I have actually cooked there as everything you'd need is right there in the room. The only negatives that I might have about this place is that the TV selections are poor. Many sports channels and not enough other. I'm not into sports so..... And the sofa - well, it was quite used and very low to the ground. I didn't use it more than once and when I finally got out of it, I realized that once was definitely enough. Very nice front desk staff, hotel/breakfast staff friendly and very accomodating. Yes, I'll stay here again!

Room Tip: I made a reservation through the internet. Front desk mgr said I could call and make special request...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo