“Met my needs.”

Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was a solo traveler staying 1 night to attend a conference. I chose this hotel because of the price and rate. The good: Hot water right away and great shower head - good water pressure. The shower/tub area looked recently updated. The bed was very comfortable for me but I enjoy a firmer mattress. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I did not use them, but there was a microwave and fridge in the room along with an iron and ironing board. The breakfast met my needs-I enjoy the hot waffle, but I heard from others that they were disappointed there were no scrambled eggs. It was easy to get to. The not so great: The room Wi-Fi was poor. It kept disconnecting. It was a challenge to work on things. Limited cable channels. There was a disinfectant smell when I entered the room each time, but it didn't seem as much later. I would have appreciated parking a little closer to the front door especially when traveling alone.
Overall the hotel met my needs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at Dakota Ridge. We always want to know what areas we did well in and also what areas that could use a little improvements. We will be looking into the internet connection and also looking into our television channel packages and other options for channels. Thank you and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western prior to our early morning flight to Disney World. The front desk staff was welcoming upon our arrival. The room was so comfortable that I was disappointed I had to get up early to catch our flight. I love their shuttle since it is so convenient to leave our car and get shuttled to and from the airport. Much cheaper than the park and fly lots! We will always choose the Dakota Ridge when flying out of Minneapolis.

Room Tip: We like first floor just off the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We are very happy to hear that our Park N Fly package worked out so well for you and your family. I bet Disney World was just awesome and the kids really had a great time. We look forward to seeing you and your family again and we hope real soon. Maybe another Disney vacation?

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The parking lot is a bit awkward, but I never experienced a shortage of spaces. The check-in experience was pleasant and smooth. The lobby has a bit of an "internet cafe" flair to it. The bathroom in my suite had tile nicely done with a cubby in the shower to place items at an easily accessible height (chest high). The suite was spacious with an extremely comfortable chaThe eggs at breakfast were too dry/overcooked for my liking. Low priced for the level of accommodations provided.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time visiting the area, so I did not know what to expect. I traveled there to go to the Mall of America.

From the moment we walked through the doors, until we left, we were pleased. The rooms were spotless, and very up to date. There were plenty of seating for breakfast, and they never ran out of food items. The kitchen staff were extremely nice, and ensured that we had everything we needed all of the time.

We were about 10 minutes or less away from the mall, so that was a plus. The hotel also provided shuttle transportation to and from the mall, and other attractions for convenience.

I enjoyed my stay, and feel that my dollars were well spent. My only complaint is that I had stood in line for sometime, however, the front desk rep proceeded to assist someone else "first" who had just walked through the door. Well, I think she caught the non verbal ques, and decided to take care of both of us at the same time, lol. I don't believe that she really meant any harm. It was super busy, and a very high stress level in the air. She was very accommodating from that point forward, so I just took it as a big mistake.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If I return, I will lodge there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a very good value and close to the events we were attending. The carpets in hallways and lobby were in desperate need of cleaning/replacement. Bfkst was just OK. The rooms were clean and roomy.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. When we returned after the first day, our room had not received any housekeeping. We had to call 2 times before we got even some fresh towels (hour wait). At checkout, we complained (again) but they did not care that much.
Breakfast could do better, expected more from a Plus. They did refill the options, so no running out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at this motel before and was happy with it, but this time was horrific! I have never experienced where the thr room never got cleaned or something missed two days in a row. the Breakfast was like a herd of cattle being fed, 1st one in line got food and the rest had to wait, very bad at keeping items stocked.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Rick B
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We are disappointed that we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests - the type of service we pride ourselves in. We have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Eagan area. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one, as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.