“Meets expectations”

Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good park and fly package, friendly staff, free wi fi and computer use in lobby, room clean, breakfast fine, shuttle to airport easy. Couple restaurants easy walk. The 3rd floor hall carpets are pretty dismal in places but would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicagotoots
Value4u, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at Dakota Ridge. We also appreciate knowing the areas where we can improve or areas that need attention, so we are able to address and repair those items, and make every guest stay a great one.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Beautiful hotel. The lobby has a waterfall. The sitting area is around the waterfall. The rooms are extremely comfortable.There is a restaurant next door,but it is geared to business people. $9 hamburger... I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have an elevator so it doesn't really matter too much that I can see as far as which floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are very happy to hear your stay at Dakota Ridge was EXCELLENT! Thank you for the wonderful comments and we hope you will be staying with us again very soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I had the park and fly package; the staff promptly picked me up when my flight returned. Breakfast was available early, hotel was quiet (prob due to no pool). Would return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad our Park N Fly Package with the airport shuttle service worked out really well for you and your family. Making your vacation more enjoyable is what we all work to accomplish. We look forward to your return back to the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I just stayed here with my daughter....I do have some suggestions....ask for a MOA book for discounts, they were plentiful. Ask about breakfast, upon check in we were not told even one bit about the breakfast.....I hear it was good. I stayed on the top floor on the end....it was quiet. My favorite part about my stay was PATRICK the shuttle driver.....he was sweet, always asked us about our day and was friendly. However, you may want to set up shuttle services hours in advance. We had a couple of times when we were told that our shuttle would be a couple of hours.

Room Tip: Top floor on the end for quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay with us. We consider dedicated and competent staff like Pat our most valuable asset. He was very pleased that you acknowledged his efforts and customer service. We hope you will be coming back to do some more shopping at the Mall of America, and decide to stay with us at Dakota Ridge.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at Best Western Dakota Ridge as a stop-over on international flights connecting from MSP airport. Very pleased with the property, service, and amenities. I have three fundamental requirements for any property: be them a “Ma and Pa” motel or an international 5-star resort.

1. Was I physically safe on the property?
2. Was I physical comfortable on the property?
3. Would a reasonable person conclude I got what I paid for?

I’m surprised when people complain about luke-warm coffee in the morning, when they don’t comment about being physically safe on a property.

Dakota Ridge exceeded my three basic and important criteria. With easy access to interstates and highways, Dakota Ridge is in an upscale and quiet business and corporate area. Surrounding area appears safe, clean, and within easy walking distance to affordable restaurants. Dakota Ridge’s morning breakfast was perfectly acceptable.

Dakota Ridge has internal room access with coded key locks. Doors and locks were in excellent condition. No problems with clientele. Check-in went flawless. Property was in overall very good condition with minimal signs of fair wear-and-tear and no over-powering scent of cleaning solvents or products. All room appliances were in good working order.

What pleased me was their very efficient 24-hour shuttle service to MSP airport. We arrived at 1:30 a.m. at MSP airport, I thought, “No one will be awake at this hour.” Front desk promptly answered my telephone call and said shuttle would be at MSP airport in 15 minutes. I thought, “Sure; uh-huh.” Shuttle arrived in 15 minutes with pleasant and helpful and safe-looking driver. Very pleased with their shuttle service.

Dakota Ridge AAA nightly rate of $72.00 made the stay very affordable.

Overall Dakota Ridge met and exceeded all my criteria for lodging. I recommend it to you, especially if you are transiting MSP airport and need a place to lay-over for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank cav1865
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 night for Memorial weekend and we were so disappointed by the hotel. The room was clean, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom had black mold on several tiles!!!! The room had a microwave, but it was not working. We reported the microwave issue on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and it was never fix or replace. On Sunday I requested to speak to a manager and the front desk lady said that the manager was off until Tuesday and if I wanted I could give her a call on Tuesday....The rooms are not sound proof. We were able to hear the housekeeper talking from the room in front of our! This was our first time staying at a Best Western and it will be for sure the last one...will not stay there again, not even for free!

Room Tip: We were at the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple