“Good stay, friendly staff, quiet hotel”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Duluth, Minnesota, Usa
“Good stay, friendly staff, quiet hotel”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I had the park and fly package; the staff promptly picked me up when my flight returned. Breakfast was available early, hotel was quiet (prob due to no pool). Would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Value4u, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We are glad our Park N Fly Package with the airport shuttle service worked out really well for you and your family. Making your vacation more enjoyable is what we all work to accomplish. We look forward to your return back to the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I just stayed here with my daughter....I do have some suggestions....ask for a MOA book for discounts, they were plentiful. Ask about breakfast, upon check in we were not told even one bit about the breakfast.....I hear it was good. I stayed on the top floor on the end....it was quiet. My favorite part about my stay was PATRICK the shuttle driver.....he was sweet, always asked us about our day and was friendly. However, you may want to set up shuttle services hours in advance. We had a couple of times when we were told that our shuttle would be a couple of hours.

Room Tip: Top floor on the end for quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay with us. We consider dedicated and competent staff like Pat our most valuable asset. He was very pleased that you acknowledged his efforts and customer service. We hope you will be coming back to do some more shopping at the Mall of America, and decide to stay with us at Dakota Ridge.
Montana
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at Best Western Dakota Ridge as a stop-over on international flights connecting from MSP airport. Very pleased with the property, service, and amenities. I have three fundamental requirements for any property: be them a “Ma and Pa” motel or an international 5-star resort.

1. Was I physically safe on the property?
2. Was I physical comfortable on the property?
3. Would a reasonable person conclude I got what I paid for?

I’m surprised when people complain about luke-warm coffee in the morning, when they don’t comment about being physically safe on a property.

Dakota Ridge exceeded my three basic and important criteria. With easy access to interstates and highways, Dakota Ridge is in an upscale and quiet business and corporate area. Surrounding area appears safe, clean, and within easy walking distance to affordable restaurants. Dakota Ridge’s morning breakfast was perfectly acceptable.

Dakota Ridge has internal room access with coded key locks. Doors and locks were in excellent condition. No problems with clientele. Check-in went flawless. Property was in overall very good condition with minimal signs of fair wear-and-tear and no over-powering scent of cleaning solvents or products. All room appliances were in good working order.

What pleased me was their very efficient 24-hour shuttle service to MSP airport. We arrived at 1:30 a.m. at MSP airport, I thought, “No one will be awake at this hour.” Front desk promptly answered my telephone call and said shuttle would be at MSP airport in 15 minutes. I thought, “Sure; uh-huh.” Shuttle arrived in 15 minutes with pleasant and helpful and safe-looking driver. Very pleased with their shuttle service.

Dakota Ridge AAA nightly rate of $72.00 made the stay very affordable.

Overall Dakota Ridge met and exceeded all my criteria for lodging. I recommend it to you, especially if you are transiting MSP airport and need a place to lay-over for the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cav1865
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 night for Memorial weekend and we were so disappointed by the hotel. The room was clean, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom had black mold on several tiles!!!! The room had a microwave, but it was not working. We reported the microwave issue on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and it was never fix or replace. On Sunday I requested to speak to a manager and the front desk lady said that the manager was off until Tuesday and if I wanted I could give her a call on Tuesday....The rooms are not sound proof. We were able to hear the housekeeper talking from the room in front of our! This was our first time staying at a Best Western and it will be for sure the last one...will not stay there again, not even for free!

Room Tip: We were at the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine N
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 7 days in october 2012. Great and friendly staff and I was so pleased I'm coming back in october 2013 to do some sightseeing and a little shopping. Love the free shuttleservice and the drivers :) Would recommend it anyday to travellers.

• Stayed October 2012
Billings, Montana
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Vary nice, clean and quiet hotel. Lobby is VERY inviting and a pleasant place to sit. staff was very helpful and friendly, made you feel like you had known them a long time. Unimpressed by the breakfast, have had much better at other Best Westerns. Beds were comfortable with a good assortment of pillows! Will definitely stay again. Central location makes it ideal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family