“They the PLUS in Bestern Western PLUS”

Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed March 20, 2013

If "Cheers" was set in a hotel, this would be it. They need a sitcom. The staff is as friendly and helpful as you could ask for, unlike some hotels where they make you feel like you are interrupting their day from the time you check in.

Pat, Larry, Deke, or Don will get you to and from the Airport or Mall of America if you need, and there are a ton of good restaurants, shopping and grocers nearby.

Melissa, Cheryl, or Andrew will get you into your room like they have been expecting your arrival as the new Pope. Doesn't he check into his own hotels?

The whole property is kept spotless, as I noticed Antonio cleaning the top of a sign that no one would ever see, just for clean's sake. I don't think he goes home.

Denise takes care of the hot breakfast, with real eggs and big chunks of sausage in the biscuits and gravy. I try to alternate daily between that and yogurt/cereal/fruit for a balanced diet. Tell her good morning, and tell her thanks!

If you do have a problem, they will send Chris to your room to fix it. Remember Lowell from "Wings". That's Chris.

This trip, I am staying in the TECH Room, which has a computer, printer, the good fancy single serve coffee maker, and best of all, an amazing massage chair that will squeeze your legs off if you're not careful. This thing compresses, kneads, vibrates, and rolls, and before you know it, you are out cold.

Thanks Jackie and Melissa, for making DR my home away from home, where I can check out any time I like, but I can never leave.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Since Dakota Ridge is your "home away from home" we need to spoil you every once in a while when you stay. I know you really enjoyed the TECH room with the massage chair, but you didn't get much work done because you were always in that chair :)

Thank you so much for leaving such an awesome comment about all the employees and our accommodations. I know that your comments will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

You are not returning back to Dakota Ridge until June? I think you will end up missing all of us at Dakota Ridge too much, that you will come “home” sooner than that. If not, well you know you are always welcome whenever, and we can’t wait to see you again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, everytime we plan a family trip to Mall Of America. We even did a Park and fly once and would do it again. The customer service is awesome. They do their best to make you feel at home. My kids love the place although there is no pool they are okay with that. When we plan a trip to MOA they always ask if we are staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We all really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the staff and the service you received during your stays. Let your boys know we will try talking the owners into getting a pool. No promises, but it can't hurt to ask. So when is the next family trip to the Mall of America? We can't wait to see you and your family during your next trip.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good location, tucked just a couple blocks off main roads so easy to get in and out, no busy traffic, and no noise! Got a great internet rate; what a bargain for all the amenities!! Open front lobby with big windows, several guest computers and tables to sit. Room was super clean, well decorated, everything looks brand new including carpet, drapes, bedding, paint, furnishings. Gorgeous tiled shower and huge flatscreen TV! Beds amazingly comfy with 5 fluffy pillows on each bed; it was so quiet we slept perfectly. (No maid knocking on your door at 7AM which happens often at many other hotels) Room even had a fridge & microwave. Great steakhouse/sports bar "Al Bakers" connects to hotel parking lot, so only 1 minute walk - "Al Bakers" homemade wings are awesome!! Also 5 other good eating places in walking distance, 1 to 2 blocks away. Free breakfast was good, 2 hot items and other options. Staff was really friendly and helpful! No pool but we didn't need that. We also weren't flying, but looked like they have free shuttle to & from airport almost non-stop. I think they'll take you to other local places, including Mall of America. Highly recommend this hotel ...will definitely stay here again!!!! Byerly's Grocery and good shopping easy to get to from hotel, only 5 min drive on ez roads. You have everything you need close by without getting on any busy freeways.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary comment. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. We are all looking forward to your return, real soon we hope :)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel fit our needs for a night. It is right off interstate 35E so it's very convenient to get to. The bed was a little hard for our preference and we usually like a firm mattress. The springs were squeaky on the bed too...The breakfast was good. Overall it fit our need. It was clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Value4u, Manager at Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Any comments or suggestions you have to help us better serve you in the future are greatly appreciated. We want to make sure everyone has a pleasurable stay and a good night sleep when they stay at Dakota Ridge. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will return to Dakota Ridge the next time you are in the Eagan area.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Had everything I needed for business travel. Wifi good breakfast, Computer with printer. In rooms: large TV, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, refrigerator, microwave, spacious room, desk and chair, available outlets, plenty of lights, large mirror. Nice decor. large bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stayed here so I could utilize their free airport shuttle. When I checked the price, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't all jacked up like most of the others. Then, I became concerned as I figured it may be a dump... to my surprise, it was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Kim went out of her way to answer my questions etc. The other nice thing is there are plenty of places to eat or to enjoy a beverage nearby. I walked to a mexican restaurant for lunch and had supper and drinks later on next door. All within walking distance. I will stay here again next time I fly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Creekguy

We are grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. Kim was pleased that you acknowledged her efforts. It is always great to hear our guest's say that they will be staying with us again at Dakota Ridge the next time they are in the Eagan area.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Shuttle service 24/7, Breakfast and coffee at 2:am.My wife and I spent 2 nights and would highly recommend it for traveling. Very early flight so was nice to have hot coffee at 2:am,short ride to airport,these people know what there doing. Late arrival,quick shuttle response and another restful night with a good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Freshly brewed coffee we know is a must for most people getting up to catch the early morning shuttle to the airport. We are very happy to hear your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you again soon.