“Great food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I really enjoyed eating at Sambol. My daughter chose this for her Grooms Dinner restaurant and so she chose a variety of items off the menu for us to try. They were all great. I have been back several times and each time the food is delicious. Wait staff is very courteous and formal. You can dress casually at dinner. Very busy at lunch with business people.

1  Thank mma536

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I found Sambol while driving around looking for a place with some spicy food. The service was great, I ordered to go and it took about 20 minutes to get my order. I ordered Garlic Nan, lentil soup and a shrimp dish that I couldn't remember the name of. All were excellent.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

My wife and I recently ate at Sambol and absolutely loved it. We did need to switch our table as we were sitting near someone who brought their own thermos in with them for drinks, and then proceeded to talk very loudly in case the thermos had not attracted enough attention to them. What a moron. We were seated promptly, but that is where everything starts to go into slow motion. They are gracious enough to warn you on the menu that everything takes quite a while, and I was OK with that. As long as I am kept informed, I am always OK with a wait. Especially when the food rewards the wait! We ordered the Murg Shorba and the Tamater Shorba, and allowed each other to sample both. Fantastic soups. The Murg Shorba had such a subtle chicken flavor, that it seemed almost a misnomer to call it chicken soup. Wonderful! I ordered a 3 item sampler with shrimp, and my wife had a 3 item vegetarian sampler. Everything was prepared properly, and was very creamy. Far too often restaurants skimp on the cream in the Masala, and make it harsh. This was comfort food at its finest! The wait was approximately 10 minutes for our drinks, then another 25 minutes for the soup to arrive, and the food arrived approximately 20 more minutes until our entrees were served. As is seemingly de rigueur for Indian restaurants, the service was somewhat inattentive. Definitely not somewhere I would recommend taking young children, or the impatient adult! I look forward to my next visit to Eagan so I am able to sample this taste delight again. Visit with confidence.

Reviewed March 27, 2009

We shared their Onion Bahia appetizer, Chicken Curry, and their Garlic tandoor bread. All of it was amazing!

We had our Chicken Curry made a bit spicy, I think next time we'll ask for it the normal way, it was burning up our mouths. This was made worse by having to wait 2-5 minutes every time we needed a water refill, but these things happen.

This was our first time here and it won't be our last. Our bill with tip was just under $20, excellent value. It helps that we share everything and stick with water...

After we stopped at Cold Stone next door to cool our still burning mouths :-)

If you like Indian food I highly suggest eating here. We've had authentic Indian food made for us by our sister in law and this stuff was right up there with hers!!!

1  Thank Lauree1183
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Chicken Masala or Samosa great!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook