“Travel 100 Miles For Doolittles”

Doolittles Woodfire Grill
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Eagan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Featuring woodfired rotisserie cooking, Doolittles Woodfire Grill is an experience that ignites all of your senses! The woodfired rotisserie grills meat over an open flame for a savory wood roasted flavor. The rotation of the rotisserie creates self basting and slow roasting skewers resulting in juicy and succulent meats such as Spit-Roasted Chicken, and Smoked Hanger Steak with Horseradish-Whipped Potatoes and Red Wine Demi. Doolittles boasts over 60 wines by the bottle and 30 selections by the glass. Gluten Free & Vegetarian menus available. Warm, relaxing atmosphere...come as you are!
Olivia, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Travel 100 Miles For Doolittles”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have been going to Doolittles since 2003 now we live 100 miles away where there are no good restraunts to go to. So we think nothing of driving 2 hours to eat at a wonderful place and that's for sure Doolittles Woodfire Grill. This by far Is the best place to eat South of the river. You will never go wrong with any menu items because they are all fabulous. We have always used this place to suggest for friends and have never been disappointed. The staff never changes and the food and quality is always consistent.
If your looking for a great dining choice and top quality food then you must choose Doolittles in Eagan

1 Thank Brian S

Chicago, Illinois
“Regional Chain that's great”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went to the one in Fargo and really liked it and this had same menu. I had the red pepper soup and Mahi mahi which was excellent. The airplane theme seems authentic and well done. This place was pretty jammed on a Monday night too. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Luverne
“Woodfired and Wonderful”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate at Doolittles last Saturday evening. It was a little wait to get in,but well worth it. Our waiter was Patrick and did a fantastic job. We started the evening with soup. I had the butternut squash soup, which was so creamy and full of flavor. My husband had the suasage and potato. It too was so full of flavor.. our meal was woodfired chicken served with mashed potatoes and gravy. The chicken was so moist and flavorful. It was too much to eat all it. My husband had the woodfired porkchop served topped with grilled apples and mashed potatoes. His was moist and sweet tasting. It was delicious. We were too full for dessert, but took a carrot cake to go to enjoy a few hours later. It too was moist, flavorful and served with a side of carmel, wonderful.... The atmosphere was pleasant, decorated with warm fall colors, med tone woods and a big fireplace surrounded by brick. Very pleasant. We highly recommend this restaurant and will go back when we are in the cities.

1 Thank LaDonna V
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Did Little to Correct Problem”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I have gone to Doolittles more then a dozen times over the last five years. But this last time it was the pits. We arrived at 4:00 PM on a Friday to beat the rush and enjoy a good steak dinner. But that didn't happen, we both ordered steak: she wanted it medium-well and I medium-rare. When the steaks arrived the waitress, who was great server, ask if we would cut into the steaks to see if they were cooked right. My steak was OK, but my wife's was actually rare or more like raw. Waitress apologized and said she would take it back and it would only take a few minutes to correct. So I wasn't going eat my steak until her's was back at the table. Five, ten, then fifteen minutes and the manager came with the steak. It was burnt black. I asked is this the same steak, it uneatable. Well my steak was cold and after a bit more of me pointing out to the manager this was unacceptable, he said he wouldn't charge us for her steak. So my steak is cold and I wouldn't eat it and she had no steak: we paid for mine, the drink and the salad and left to never come back. Manage never apologized. Never send a steak back to the kitchen at Doolittles.

3 Thank JackGon
Indianola, Iowa
“Awesome Friday Night Dinner!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Really fun, warm ambiance place to meet up on a Friday night. Dinner of the rotisserie chicken was outstanding. You experience the wonderful smell as you are seated for dinner. Our service was excellent as well as our dinner. We had a great booth over in the corner which was perfect to visit and enjoy those who we were dining with. Great place to eat in Eagan!

2 Thank funtrip44