“Favorite Mongolian BBQ”
Review of Genghis Grill

Genghis Grill
Ranked #56 of 129 Restaurants in Eagan
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Description: Genghis Grill is a Build Your Own Stir Fry. With 80+ fresh ingredients to customize your bowl and create a unique dining experience!
Roseville, Minnesota
“Favorite Mongolian BBQ”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I really like this place. I love the ingredient, spice and sauce choices. It's reasonably priced. The Birthday Club and email offers are pretty good. I've never had an issue with the wait staff. The grilling area appears reasonably clean. I frequent Kahn's on occasion. Their area turns me off.

• Visited October 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pretty good not expensive”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I like this place for lunch. Ther is pretty good choice to make the dish you like chicken, beef, seafood and fish, different veggies , sauces, eggs, rice and noodles.

• Visited August 2012
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Expanding the Mongolian Options In The Twin Cities”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

On a day where I ended up at Khan's for lunch and was dissapointed, I found this place while writing my Khan's review. I decided to give it a try.

I like their numerous protein choices and especially the dry salts and seasonings available. The veggie selection was also very good with some good blends available. It was later in the evening so I imagine they had been busy resulting in a fairly messy food bar. At the time I visited, I was the only customer. It is a little bit of a turn off to see so much food crossing between containers and all over the bar itself. I would guess that it had been neglected much of the evening.

The sauce situation offers many different choices from sweet to spicy and not all are Asian themed which is nice for kids that might want a BBQ or red sauce type flavor. They have several different choices for the carb such as different rice, pasta, udon noodles and tortillas which is great if you want to kick up some killer fajitas! I asked for my food to be cooked with water only to avoid the extra calories of the oils on the grill and they gladly complied.

There is only one grill so I could imagine having to wait to get your food cooked in peak times although the restaurant is quite small so they may not get backed up as bad as other Mongolian grills.

I found this place to be very comparable to BD's of which there is only one in the Twin Cities at this time. There are extras at BD's such as soup and salad that you will not find at Genghis Grill but Genghis is also quite a bit cheaper.

A single trip for Dinner was only $9.99 with $3 to go back for more/unlimited.

This is a great little gem where you can have a good dinner without breaking the bank and still have some healthy options if you want to mix it that way. I hope more of these open in the area!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank orr333
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Go for the yummy food not the service”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stopped in here today for lunch. I like mongolian bbq style places. This was probably the 5th or 6th time I've been here, but its been awhile, over a year.

I like the selection of foods here. There is a wide selection of meats available. Lots of veggies. And I particularly like the spices available. The sauces are good too.

I also like that you have the option of paying for a one time bowl or unlimited trips. One bowl of stuff always fills me up, particularly here where they make you get rice or noodles with your concoction. Obviously the one-time bowl is cheaper. And if you bring in a coupon that any local resident or internet sleuth can find, cost can be very effectively controlled.

What I don't like about this place is service. As I said I've been here several times, and on only one occasion did I have a server who was actually polite. Every other time it is a person who is either trying to be too cool, or very very uninterested in their job. Today, for example, a girl. Asks questions and doesn't wait for the answers. 12 seconds after we had gotten our cooked food and sat back down, she comes by and asks how the food is. I looked up to answer "fine" but all I saw was her back as she walked away. Why even ask? If you're going to do that, I would prefer that you not come over to me at all. Don't bother me. This is a pet peeve of mine. These guys expect tips. Why should I tip someone who just did that?

Anyway, it wasn't a huge deal, didn't ruin the meal or anything. The moral there is the service is kind of iffy because the waitstaff don't really seem to care, but luckily this is a restaurant where that doesn't really matter much.

I'll be back again. I would recommend to others too. Good stuff.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jettsett3
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Daughters and My FAVORITE place to eat in Eagan”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I don't give a five star rating to many places but I love this restaurant! The wait staff are excellent, we used to go in once to twice a month and they would remember us. They always there to explain how it works and get us our drinks. The food is fresh and since you get to decide what goes in, you always get exactly what you want. The guys cooking always use a little flair for the kids and because they are endless bowls for the kids, if they mess up, they can go back for a new one. Love to sit outside in the summer. If you know what you like and don't mind being adventurous, stop by with your family and try it. One side note is that my hubby doesn't get it right all the time and that usually sours the experience so follow the cards until you can figure out your own mixes and matches effectively.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Kathleen_1268

Been to Genghis Grill? Share your experiences!