“Miss the Relish Plate”

Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Eagan
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 13 & Silver Bell Rd.
Description: He Jensen family has been in the restaurant business for over 60 years. In 1947 Doron Jensen's grandfather Al and his brother Pete Jensen founded Jensen's Cafe in Fremont, Nebraska. Doron started his restaurant career working for his grandfather at the cafe. When Al died in 1979 Doron wanted to takeover Jensen's Cafe but he was too young at the time. Doron worked in the chain-restaurant business for many years, including founding a local steak house chain. He eventually grew tired of chains and wanted to start a "Local Landmark Restaurant" dedicated to his grandparents. In 1996, Jensen's Supper Club was born. Jensen's Supper Club was created with the mission that Supper Clubs belonged to the community. The 40's and 50's were the glory eras for Supper Clubs and they evoked a sense of occasion. It was a special place to celebrate with your family. In 2014, Jensen's Supper Club became Jensen's food & cocktails. The objective was to create a more casual atmosphere environment more welcoming to a broad demographic. Surrounded by new outlet shops Jensen's food & cocktails becomes the perfect pre- or post-shopping experience for lunch or dinner for anyone seeking a great meal in a casual atmosphere offered with impeccable service. Jensen's food & cocktails continues to celebrate its original mission: A place not merely to dine, but to celebrate!
Eagan, Minnesota
“Miss the Relish Plate”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Always a favorite restaurant for a special occasion. Have changed name and remodeled recently. Used to get a little relish plate when we were seated. That's gone, popover is okay but we'd prefer the relish plate. My walleye was good, but the potatoes were somewhat over-cooked.
Husband's 12 ounce prime rib was a beautiful thick "slab" of perfectly prepared meat! Says it was best prime rib he has ever eaten! Their trademark martini was as usual perfect. The wait staff is attentive.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Pam K

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Remodel is great!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Went to the newly-remodeled Jensen's, now "Food and Cocktails" instead of "Supper Club," and it was as good as ever. While the menu has changed a bit, lots of the old standards are still there, and the delicious house salad and popovers remain. I am anxious to see the lunch menu, which they will start serving on July 29th. GREAT idea for them to remodel and start serving lunch to capture the shopping crowd at the new outlet mall next door. Everything looks fresh and updated, they added an outdoor patio for the warm summer months, and it really feels a lot more spacious. I had the petite filet, and it was tasty, tender, and cooked just as I had ordered it. My companion had one of the specials--a big ole pork chop--and she said it was delicious. Of course, we had to have Jensen's cosmos to start our meal. And, as is always true, the service was excellent. From the hosts to the server to the bussers, always friendly! This place has never failed me for a really good meal. Well done, Jensen's! I look forward to many more visits to your new place, and I can't wait to try lunch there!

• Visited July 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were introduced to Jensen's by Living Social, and I am so glad we were! The food, drinks, ambiance and service here were fantastic. Our supper club meal started with a relish tray and martinis, followed by popovers, and some of the best steak we've had in the state of Minnesota. Patty, our waitress, is a doll. I can't recommend it enough - we will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best tasting water”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Funny I remember this restaurant most for its delicious water. My cousin and I ate there, I'm from Texas, so I like a little more spices then they used, but my cousin loved her meal. Our waitress was wonderful, and very helpful. I will eat there again,

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Jensen's has some of the best breakfasts and lunches in Burnsville. I have eaten here a number of times and have never been disappointed. Nice variety that appeals to all rates.

Service is good. Only downfall is parking. Their small lot is always full so it is necessary to park in the local parking garage. Okay in nice weather but not so much in the winter.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Jensen's? Share your experiences!