“A Must Try!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place hasn't been open very long and is already a favorite of mine and my wife...

"Why am I being asked what my favorite tree is when I'm suppose to be reading about food?" Was that a question running through your head? Don't worry, I'm leading you down a path to some delicious food...... Just through a forest first, that's all!

So what is your favorite tree? Birch, pine, maple? Maybe it's an apple, orange or peach tree... Whatever it might be, I think I may have found my new favorite and quite possibly could be yours, however that's if you're willing to give it a try!

While you're wondering through said forest, a.k.a. 35E in Eagan, you'll come across the Lone Oak Grill. Yep, your new favorite tree just might be a lone oak that sits just off the highway and it's not just there to be watered daily, it's there to serve you some delicious food and indeed it is! Taking over what was formerly the defunct Joe Senser's, the Lone Oak Grill opened a little more than a month ago with a brand new remodel of the entire space and the place looks amazing. In fact they had to overhaul the entire kitchen thanks to the lack of cleaning by Joe Senser's and the patio is enormous with fire pits to keep you warm on those cool seasonal nights. Oh! How bout' some bocce ball while you're there? 2 full size bocce fields for your pleasure!

Time to talk about the food! After ordering up my favorite brew, House of Shandy - Curious Traveler (already a positive experience), my wife and I took to the menu to figure out what we would like to have for dinner. The exceptional service from the wait staff was explaining how they make things in house, fresh daily and explained to us what some of his favorites were, starting with their smoked meats. My mouth started to water and than I saw it... A list of juicy's! :) What to order?

We started with an order of their wings, extra crispy with their homemade tangy sauce which was amazing and they are by far the best wing in the Twin Cities Area. Wondering what we ordered yet? I'm sure you can guess it... Yes, I went with a juicy, but I had to and it had everything that I'm looking for in a juicy. Full of flavor and filled with the perfect amount of cheese!

My wife went with the special for the night which was the pesto chicken pasta. Most places have no idea how to make something so simple, but the Lone Oak Grill sure did and they should because the owners also own Trattoria Da Vinci in St. Paul which is one of our favorite Italian restaurants and a must try. It was the perfect combo of garlic, basil, spices and the chicken was from their smoker. Pesto chicken pasta with smoked chicken? Oh yes and if you see it as a special and you like pastas, order it!

The Lone Oak Grill is definitely a place to stop by and we'll be back soon to try their smoked treats, custom mac n' cheese and sandwiches. Exceptional service, management, space, food and value! With that combination, their bound to be successful and I have no doubt they will be. They did an amazing job on the renovations, mixing elegance and modern that will make you feel comfortable and if you get a little chilly, take a seat on the couch in front their custom made fire place.

While you're there, say hi to their management team, specifically Paul and ask to be seated in server Brian's section and if you want some guests for the evening, my wife and I would be happy to join you! :)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The newly remodeled setting is much better than previous decor/restaurant. Pretty diverse menu selection, but a bit shy on the 'healthy options' side. Some absolutely outstanding options available. Cant go wrong with either the regular or sweet potato fried. The teenager LOVES the classic Juicy Lucy. Service has been strong each time we visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Address in Trip Advisor is NOT correct. It should be 3010 Eagandale Place. Their phone number is 651-789-2081.

This restaurant is tucked behind a strip mall, and across the parking lot of a Hampton Inn and next to the Residence Inn; 35E and Lone Oak Road.

Delicous food for a great price. Happy Hour includes 1/2 off appetizers and flat breads.

Best place in town to watch the Sunday game. Plenty of TVs that will show Vikings games as well as Packers game.

Lone Oak Cafe also has a private dining room that can be used for private parties (also has tvs)...not sure if there is a fee to use the room.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Food was average. Sandwiches, bar food. Service was friendly but slow. Newly opened. Updated sports bar atmosphere. Outside seating with fire pit. Very bus. Excellent location, 2 blocks from our hotel. Only restaurant in walking distance.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had an amazing lunch last week! The brisket was incredible! The beer selection amazing. And when the waitress suggested dessert, my lunch companion reluctantly said yes because we were afraid that after such a great meal, we would end on an uninspired dessert. People...save room for the bread pudding (especially if you like praline sauce) or the creme brulee.

Been to Lone Oak Grill? Share your experiences!