“Consistently Excellent Food and Fast Service”
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
Ranked #12 of 135 Restaurants in Eagan
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The menu is terrific and changes often so that the restaurant never gets stale. They serve healthy food which is hard to find in these parts. Chef is very imaginative. If you want speedy service, they will get you fed and out the door quickly. Good value on wine, especially on Wednesdays.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My 3 rating is probably generous for this most recent experience, but I've had better experiences there in the past. The positives - service is friendly, good happy hour deals, convenient Eagan location. However, when I visited for dinner this week, my experience was poor, in spite of the handy location and friendly service. The place needed a good cleaning, from the crumb buildup along the edges of the booths that abutt the wall, to the hanging light fixtures. Biggest disappointment, tho, was the disastrous salmon salad I ordered. I like salmon salads, but this was the worst I ever had. Menu description sounded good, but the actual combo of ingredients was so unappealing. BBQ sauce on the salmon - yuk. A mass of tasteless crunchy strips mixed with white vegetable (parsnip?) strips - yuk. Spiced pecans fragmented into 1/8 the nut sizes - yuk. Overcooked salmon - yuk. I may be back for the happy hour, service and convenience, but I will be much more careful about what I order for dinner.

1  Thank Out_I_Go
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Houlihan's is a solid place to eat. We went on a Monday evening at 7pm and by the time we left the place was deserted. The service was good, the food is fine if not spectacular. All in all, a place where we can go for decent food and most people can find something to eat.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Have eaten here 4 times. Food is always good and price is very fair. Can be busy but overall well done.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

2 for 1's on rails and beers, good selection of apps, great service and great nachos.

Been to Houlihan's? Share your experiences!