“Keeps me coming back”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stay at this hotel every time we need to drop off family members at the airport. The hotel is very close to the airport - generally 5 minutes drive. Staff have always been incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms have always been clean. There are an option of room types to pick from depending on how many people I have with me. There is a McDonald's and a Holiday gas station so close we call it "in the parking lot" - definitely within walking distance. One can get to a variety of shopping and restaurants within 5 miles. We generally need to be at the airport by 4 am so normally do not have breakfast so cannot comment on that. We have used the park and fly option twice. The drivers are very friendly and make us feel safe. We had only one issue with the park and fly - which was not within the hotel's control. The park and fly stopped at midnight. We had a fight delayed by weather and a flight scheduled to arrive before midnight did not arrive until after so we needed to find other transportation back to our vehicle. We have family close by so this was not a big issue, someone else would have needed to get a taxi. I am not sure there is enough call to have park and fly available around the clock though. We have always liked that the pool is warmer than most. Last time we stayed it was not, but it was 40 below and I am not sure anything felt warm on that day, but it was still not the normal chill one has when first getting into a pool. My only concern is that there are 2 hot tubs and 1 was out of order. We were not 100% sure, but we thought the same hot tub also was not operational the last time we were there. We thought this was odd to be out of order again or so long, however we were the only ones in the pool area so this did not have any impact on us in any way. In summary, we have stayed at other hotels in the area and always say we should have come back to this hotel because of quality or service concerns at other hotels. We have finally just stopped even looking at other hotels and just return to this hotel repeatedly now.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your kind review about Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN! We truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I am happy to hear our service, clean rooms, park & fly package and location is what keeps you coming back. Thank you also for all your wonderful comments regarding the hotel staff. I have shared your kind words with them. Visit Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN anytime; we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for six nights and will never stay here again!! If you want your personal information kept safe, do not stay here. When we checked out, our 3 page bill was printed on the back of reservation listings for 28 guests!!! We were given their full name, confirmation number, arrival date, departure date, credit card information, room rate, number of guests, room type etc. We could not believe it! When we arrived, we found plates with food on them from the previous guests in our room. Also for two days in a row we came back after spending the day at the Mall of America and our room was not cleaned! Dirty towels still in the bathroom. We needed to get our own clean towels at the front desk. Our room was not cleaned even after we requested it to be cleaned the next morning before we left for the day! When we complained, we were told to speak to Nicole. But she was never there!! The person at the front desk said she would be in at 8:00 in the morning, we waited until 10:00 and no Nicole. She was supposed to work the next day until 10:00 pm and we came back at 8:30 pm, she had gone home for the day. Front desk person told us she would be working the next day but when we went down the next morning, we were told by someone else that she does not work on Wednesdays. So we never did get to speak to Nicole. It was as though she was avoiding us! Also the gentleman serving breakfast was very unprofessional. It was clear that he did not enjoy working there. He complained about numerous things and spoke badly about the other employees and the front desk person. Not what I wanted to hear when I was eating breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank baseballfamilyof5
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We will work diligently to ensure this is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have/had been staying at this hotel since mid October due to my current job. I will be heading home to PA to stay and wanted to share my thoughts on my extended stay here. First and foremost the staff, Nicole, the manager could not have been more accommodating in meeting my every need. She so graciously stored and held my baggage when I returned home for a couple of days and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed upon my return. The lovely and always sweet Jen at the front desk made sure she greeted me w/ a welcoming smile whenever I would come and go and would take care of anything I needed. Ryan, the night front desk agent would do the same, and inform me of any calls I had while I was out. The drivers, Robel, Madera, Jesus, and Larry were always willing to get me to work on time, to the airport and could not have been nicer. The housekeeping and breakfast staff due a great job in keeping the hotel clean and the breakfast bar filled. Thanks Tim, Mr. Handyman, for putting my shelf up not once but twice....the entire staff was warm, welcoming and made my long stay a "home away from home.".

I certainly recommend this hotel for its price, clean and comfortable beds/rooms, convenience to St Paul/Minneapolis and hospitality towards their guests. Thanks to all...

Room Tip: Stayed on floors 3 and 4, both rooms faced the main road, but were still quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We truly make it our standard to go above and beyond to make your experience at our hotel the best ever. Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff.

We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you felt like it was a "Home Away From Home!"

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a night and had a great time. We took the free shuttle from/to the airport, caught the train downtown. And it was all very easy thanks to the helpful staff at the inn.

Breakfast was waffles, yogurt with blue berries and fruit salad. The eggs and sausage looked good too.

The rate was also fair. And the rooms comfortable and clean. We would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN feedback about your recent hotel stay. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I am truly greatful you were able to easily use our shuttle service to bring you to the light rail to enjoy the beauties of downtown Minneapolis.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, Eagan MN, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Daughter's flight was late - winter roads were terrible! Pulled into this hotel and front desk staff was super! Clean, spacious room at a good rate. Good night sleep and warm breakfast in the morning and we were back on the road! Thanks! We will return!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback you provided about Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN! We are delighted we were able to accommodate you in the winter weather. Our level hospitality is designed to make sure our guest have the best experience.

On behalf of the staff and I at Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN look forward to welcoming you again when you are in town in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is the one we use every time we fly. This close to the airport and has park and fly, they take you to the airport and pick you up when you get back from your trip. You leave your car in there lot it's way he'd over and you don't have to pay. The hotel is clean and comfortable, th only drawback is they don't offer early flyers breakfast. The staff are friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am honored to know how much you love Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN! It is so grateful to be able to share with our team your amazing comments and feedback. We work very hard to please our guests and make sure they have a great experience.

Our Park & Fly Package for the MSP Airport is one of our most popular packages. Our strategy to ensure it goes smooth is second to none.

Thank you again for the great feedback and sharing with the world your experience at Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good location,fast food store nearby, gas station and higways closeby.Nice rooms,clean and very courteous desk service.I will recommend to others to use this hotel, if they visit Eagan or nearby place.

Room Tip: I will say try to get room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! It is a pleasure hearing your great feedback about the Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN. We pride our guests and work hard to deliver second to none service. Our housekeeping team takes great commitment to ensure the hotel is clean like it is their own home. Again, we are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future here at the Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN!