All reviewspark and flythe shuttle driverwafflesfamily vacationfront desk stafftwin citiesgreat parkclean roomsbiscuits and gravynice stayfree breakfastdefinitely stay here againclose to the airporttubsmallflightvehicle
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted with a quick,friendly, easy check in and also our names on the board as Carlson Club guests. Our room was neat and clean as well as all other areas of the motel. The pool was a very comfortable temperature and the breakfast had plenty to choose from. We did try the french toast and it was a bit dry so opt for the waffle instead or any of the other choices which were good. All staff were friendly and courteous as well as helpful. The area is easy to access and within walking distance to meal choices. The hallways and rooms nice and quiet even though there were plenty of guests. When ready to turn in for the night at first we heard the airplanes overhead since it is in the path of the airport but it never kept us awake, so it wasn't that loud. We would return again because our visit was very nice.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor at the far end of the hall. Great location, quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Eagan, MN, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences about Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to share details of your experience. We recently launched our Club Carlson board to recognize our loyalty members for choosing our hotels, so it is joyful to see our hard work and strategy is recognized by guests. I would like you to know delivering amenities and experience in which you were very pleased is our standards at Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN. Please tell your friends about our hotel and it would be our please to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in town for work (first visit to company's Eagan campus), and was told this was where to stay. I did run into several others visiting the same company location. This hotel is extremely convenient - not only does the shuttle run to the airport and the Mall of America, it also makes stops at local businesses. There were 2 of us on the 7:30 AM shuttle to my company. However, when I wanted to leave for the airport, I found out that they only leave on the hour for the airport - so I had to spend an extra 30 minutes there.
The rooms were clean, if a bit old, but as mentioned by others have the old fashioned heat/air under the windows. These units were not intended to handle the Texas heat that was visiting along with me - the room temp was fine, but the unit did nothing about the humidity. On the plus side, the white noise from it covered the noise of the traffic, and most of the noise from the room above.
Breafast was "meh" - the waffles (which I have enjoyed at other locations) were a bit chewy, the bread selection was a bit disappointing (sliced white and wheat, and plain bagels that were a bit like kaiser rolls w/ a hole in the middle), and it was very odd to have to cross the lobby for coffee/tea (there wasn't really enough room for it though), but the main problem was whatever they were serving as a hot buffet was not refilled. The first morning, either it hadn't been put out yet (I was there just before 7AM - breakfast starts at 6) or was already gone. Day 2, there was sausage and an empty pan (I heard later it had been french toast), and day 3 again, there were some odd omlette things and an empty pan. There was fruit, cereal, and yoghurt to fill up on, and it was free. The juice was nice and cold.
There seemed to be only one ice machine - at least I didn't see one on the 2nd floor where I was, and went down to the one off the lobby.
A few other reviews (and coworkers staying there the same time as I) have mentioned the pillows. The beds and bedding are quite comfortable, but the pillows are odd. I had a king sized bed, and 3 square pillows - maybe 14" - that lined up covered half the width of the bed. I wasn't staying with anyone, so I could use them all myself. I have never seen pillows like this anywhere else.
I may stay there again - just because the only reason I'll be in town is for work and it is unbelievably close

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel may get less traffic noise. Mine faced the front and I could hear the trucks in the AM even over the loud a/c.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback about our hotel. You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have implemented changes within our breakfast operations and provided maintenance with your heater concerns. As you have mentioned you may stay with us in the future, we would like to the opportunity to provide you with an experience you will enjoy.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We like staying at Country Inn. Some are better than others, and this was about average. The location was great for getting onto hwy 494. So if you are using the freeway, this is a plus. There are also several places to eat just a short distance from the hote. There were signs saying something about a new look, and we thought that the hotel was being remodeled, but it turns out that the new look is a new logo. The room we had did show some wear. However, it was clean and quiet, so no problems there. I do have to say that the breakfast area is fairly small compared to other hotels we have stayed at. Also, the setup is a little different. Here are some hints for surviving breakfast. First of all, there was no coffee in the breakfast area. If you want coffee, you will need to get it from the dispensers by the front door. If you are looking for plates and utensels, they are at the far end of the breakfast area on the left. If possible, try to get one of the two taller tables near the windows. That way, you are pretty much out of the traffic flow. If the room is busy, there is very little room to walk between chairs. The garbage is located in the far right corner of the room, so if the room is full, you have to pretty much walk over the other guests. My suggestion is to use the garbage that is in the check-in area near the coffee. Just a few tips to make your breakfast more enjoyable.

Room Tip: if you are a couple traveling without children and you want a quiet room, ask for a room on one of the top floors opposite the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the breakfast issue, and are working towards new menu items and will be undergoing a breakfast room renovation Dec 2014. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling like you are a home away from home!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The pros: Breakfast was good, staff was friendly, room was clean upon check in, nice guest office for computer use and printing. Cons: pool on the small side and very busy, pool door always jammed so you couldn't get in, housekeeping didn't go anything other than make the bed after our first night (garbages not emptied, nothing wiped down), very small square pillows on bed, hotel had some renovations but some areas still looked old, bathroom door swung out so it would always slam into the room door when entering the room, lights on the hotel signs mostly burned out - looked bad at night, soundproofing wasn't great (lots of hallways noise). If you can get this hotel at a good price and can overlook the small faults, then it's fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Eagan, MN, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager.

Thank you kindly.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I was in Eagan for training thru my job. This hotel is very close to training facility and made it very easy driving to and from. We stayed in an executive suite with a king bed. Bed is very comfy. Room is nice and big. Breakfast was the usual but good. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Eagan, MN, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN would like to "Thank You" for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, delicious breakfast, and our convenient location to many businesses.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, Eagan MN we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Country Inn & Suites Eagan, MN