“Nice hotel but a poor nights sleep due to bites”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Iowa
“Nice hotel but a poor nights sleep due to bites”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked 2 rooms in June. We were not aware that the hotel was under construction until we arrived. This was not a big deal as we did not see or hear any construction. We were booked into a room on the floor which was being carpeted and we were told there would be a delay. I explained that we did not want to be in a construction zone as my husband is a cancer patient and they promptly changed our rooms. At that time I notified the desk that we needed the shuttle at 4:00 in the morning. When I booked I was informed that although the shuttle did not run at that time, they would accommodate my request. They kept there word and with no hassle adjusted the hours to pick us up at desired time. The hotel itself was clean and offered coffee, juice and a breakfast. We were told they would pack us a breakfast since we were leaving so early....very nice gesture. Everything was perfect about the hotel but I have to give It a 3 star because 3 out of 6 were bitten at night in our beds. We were on a floor that had not been renovated so the mattresses were not new. Not sure what did the biting, but 3 of us had blister like wounds that itched like crazy on our bodies. Just to be safe, I debugged everything before we brought it into our house.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TTIOWA
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. Our renovations are intended to improve the satisfaction, and your feedback helps us better manage projects while guests stay. We take every concern you have and create a solution to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

I truly apologize for the conditions during your stay. Please contact me next time you come to town so I can provide you with the best experience possible.

Country Inn & Suites, Eagan MN
Ph: 651-287-8800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Elevator did not work, screwed up the reservation, breakfast room too small, zero seats were available, one wash cloth and one hand towel for two people, "refurbished" ? ?

I would be you could to better somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank birdie6464
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Washington DC
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Three night stay at Country Inn & Suites Eagan MN. Basic Room in a hotel undergoing renovations. Room 207 issues - Motel like AC unit blowing tepid, no cold, air; chair in corner was right out of a merting room, i.e., small, flat back (but at least not folding); Cable reception was spotty.

Room Tip: Wait for renovations to be completed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gardnerws
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay while we are under going renovations. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience

I have addressed your concerns with our maintenance and renovation team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Eagan
Rocklin
Reviewed June 25, 2013

People at service desk were helpful and busy at 5:00 pm check in. Three people were working the desk and moving through the line quickly. Some people checking in act like they have never stayed at a hotel before. All people pleasant and helpful and shuttle picked us up and delivered us on time for 3 days. Meetings were at a center about 2 miles from the hotel.
Sprucing up and excellent value. Had amenities but I had no time to use them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronald C
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Country Inn & Suites Eagan, MN.

Country Inn & Suites Eagan
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I was there for 4 nights. And unfortunately, I was given a room made for physically challenged people, which I am not a big fan of. I asked right away that if they can change that and of course they can't because they are overbooked. Or at least that's what they told me. So, I stayed in that room for all nights. I needed my towels to be changed after two nights so I put them down and they took it. But, guess what, they did not put new ones. So had to go to the front desk and ask for that. In the last day in morning, I requested the front desk that if I can check out 30 minutes late and they said of course!!! But, they do not communicate with cleaning staff. So the cleaning lady was in the room. Told her that I already talked to front desk but still in half an hour she knocked for 5 times. Rooms were good. And the 1 point I am giving for service is just because of the shuttle service they have. Overall, my experience was not good.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Vijay1495
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

I have addressed the your concerns and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Country Inn and Suites, Eagan MN
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites before and were always pleased but this was not a good experience. First, only one person was at the desk for check-in and the people before me had questions and problems so it took forever to even get to me. It is being up-dated and the room was okay for decor. But it was noisy. You could hear people walking above us and showers in the morning were louder than usual. The pillows were little squares that went flat and were awful. I hate the heavy duvets as it's too warm to sleep under them and not warm enough with just a sheet. The internet was slow and if you want faster service, you have to pay extra for it. For some reason, a dirty ice bucket was left sitting on our bathroom counter. The counters in there are very low. The breakfasts were not good. It's a small area and there's not enough tables for everyone when it's busy. But the 2nd day, they were out of almost everything and didn't refill and it was only 8:30. We ended up eating a small, stale pastry for our breakfast. The only positive thing I can say is they have a nice 42 inch flat screen TV in the rooms.

Room Tip: If you are on the 4th floor, you won't have the noise of people walking above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank antiquetravelers
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards.

We also understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize you could hear other guest's walking above you. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

To discuss this and other concerns, please feel free to contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana
winnipeg
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Won't stay and flight again!!!!! Before I left I fill a form and have them pick me out when I come back. They never had a record and I call say will be there soon. And took more then hour, so decide to cancel the rooms and stay somewhere. Very discounting. Also the new renovation it wasn't that great. Rooms has lots dust, basically didn't clean well after the renovation.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank supermario0810
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We are currently finishing up a guestroom renovation that we will work diligently with our housekeeping team to make sure rooms are free of all dust. We will further discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.

We would be delighted to have you back as a guest in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver G...
#3 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
#37 of 43 in Bloomington
Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge
Staybridge Suites Eagan-Mall Of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eagan

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan? Share your experiences!