“Needs Attention”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Three night stay at Country Inn & Suites Eagan MN. Basic Room in a hotel undergoing renovations. Room 207 issues - Motel like AC unit blowing tepid, no cold, air; chair in corner was right out of a merting room, i.e., small, flat back (but at least not folding); Cable reception was spotty.

Room Tip: Wait for renovations to be completed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gardnerws
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay while we are under going renovations. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience

I have addressed your concerns with our maintenance and renovation team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

People at service desk were helpful and busy at 5:00 pm check in. Three people were working the desk and moving through the line quickly. Some people checking in act like they have never stayed at a hotel before. All people pleasant and helpful and shuttle picked us up and delivered us on time for 3 days. Meetings were at a center about 2 miles from the hotel.
Sprucing up and excellent value. Had amenities but I had no time to use them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald C
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Country Inn & Suites Eagan, MN.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I was there for 4 nights. And unfortunately, I was given a room made for physically challenged people, which I am not a big fan of. I asked right away that if they can change that and of course they can't because they are overbooked. Or at least that's what they told me. So, I stayed in that room for all nights. I needed my towels to be changed after two nights so I put them down and they took it. But, guess what, they did not put new ones. So had to go to the front desk and ask for that. In the last day in morning, I requested the front desk that if I can check out 30 minutes late and they said of course!!! But, they do not communicate with cleaning staff. So the cleaning lady was in the room. Told her that I already talked to front desk but still in half an hour she knocked for 5 times. Rooms were good. And the 1 point I am giving for service is just because of the shuttle service they have. Overall, my experience was not good.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Vijay1495

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

I have addressed the your concerns and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Country Inn and Suites, Eagan MN

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites before and were always pleased but this was not a good experience. First, only one person was at the desk for check-in and the people before me had questions and problems so it took forever to even get to me. It is being up-dated and the room was okay for decor. But it was noisy. You could hear people walking above us and showers in the morning were louder than usual. The pillows were little squares that went flat and were awful. I hate the heavy duvets as it's too warm to sleep under them and not warm enough with just a sheet. The internet was slow and if you want faster service, you have to pay extra for it. For some reason, a dirty ice bucket was left sitting on our bathroom counter. The counters in there are very low. The breakfasts were not good. It's a small area and there's not enough tables for everyone when it's busy. But the 2nd day, they were out of almost everything and didn't refill and it was only 8:30. We ended up eating a small, stale pastry for our breakfast. The only positive thing I can say is they have a nice 42 inch flat screen TV in the rooms.

Room Tip: If you are on the 4th floor, you won't have the noise of people walking above you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank antiquetravelers
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards.

We also understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize you could hear other guest's walking above you. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

To discuss this and other concerns, please feel free to contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Won't stay and flight again!!!!! Before I left I fill a form and have them pick me out when I come back. They never had a record and I call say will be there soon. And took more then hour, so decide to cancel the rooms and stay somewhere. Very discounting. Also the new renovation it wasn't that great. Rooms has lots dust, basically didn't clean well after the renovation.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank supermario0810
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We are currently finishing up a guestroom renovation that we will work diligently with our housekeeping team to make sure rooms are free of all dust. We will further discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.

We would be delighted to have you back as a guest in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

It was a pleasure staying at this hotel. The employees were very friendly and accomodating. I stayed here for two nights and was very impressed with the amenities they offered. Their breakfast was fairly acceptable offering waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, various juices, cereal, sausage, and french toast among other things. They also offer free local shuttle services if you care to do some exploring in the area. The room was quite comfortable and the bed was very posh. I believe all the rooms they offer come with 42 inch flat screens and all the cable channels you would expect to have. They also have micro's and fridge's in every room. The bathroom was clean and the towels smelled fresh. It's located directly across from McD's and there is a nice local bar just across the street that offers FREE Texas hold'em tourneys on Friday's and Saturday's if interested(Stark's). All in all, no complaints and I was very satisfied with their friendly service. They are currently renovating the entire first floor, so rooms are limited at this time. Call ahead to make sure you get a reservation because they fill up very quick..especially on the weekends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave A
Nicole A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Dave A.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Your details are delightful and great for you to share with the world.

Nicole A.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels and this by far had the most helpful staff. Jess at the front desk was especially helpful. I am a gold points member and was offered the possibility of upgrading if room was available. The first night it wasn't but they offered to upgrade for the rest of stay and had our belongings moved to new room when we arrived back at hotel the next night as we were not going to be there until later in evening. Pool was warm and clean. They are upgrading hotel rooms and workers did there best not to interfere with guests. We never heard any noise from guests or workers. Will stay here again when in the cities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple