All reviewspark and flywafflesthe shuttle driverfamily vacationfront desk stafftwin citiesgreat parkclean roomsgas stationbiscuits and gravynice stayfree breakfastdefinitely stay here againclose to the airporttubsmallflight
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We have stayed at this motel twice this summer for a weekend trip. The staff is exceptionally nice and accommodating!! Great beds! The only bad thing was controlling the air conditioning in one of our rooms - otherwise, it is a great motel for the money. Easy drive to Mall of America - We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I enjoyed a one night stay here with my son while looking at local colleges. Our room was comfortable, clean and well equipped. The included breakfast was a very good value with make your own, exceptionally tasty waffles. The big surprise came however when I inadvertently left one of my favorite Frette pillowcases in my room upon checkout. (I sleep better with a feather pillow, so always travel with my own pillow to avoid sleepless nights.) I called the hotel a few days later to request that they send the pillowcase back to me if it were found. Now nearly a month later, imagine how pleased I was to receive the pillowcase in the mail (and without additional cost to me)! While this may seem like a little thing, it speaks to a commendable level of honesty and care for the guest shown even when no further payment is expected. Thank you Country Inn and Suites of Eagan!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We stayed here for a park and fly. First off the room was a no smoking room, but it was the 1 of 3 rooms in the wing. As a result several of the other rooms were smoking and had there doors wedged open. I really do not get too excited about smoking, but the hall way was filled with smoke and was just terrible smelling. Second problem was this was a park and fly. The parking is offsite, not great if you are going to Mexico, as you can not leave your winter cloths in the care because you have to drive offsite and they shuttle you back to the hotel. It was below zero, so this was not a good option. The shuttle to the airport runs on the hour. They start serving breakfast at 7am. Since our flight left a 9:45 we would have to take the 7am bus, since they have your car and breakfast start at after the shuttle leaves for most morning flights we could not eat breakfast before the flight. Basically the hotel stinks and they are very poorly organized for park and fly.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2007

Decent 2-star hotel.

Pros
-----
1. FREE parking, ample parking
2. FREE internet
3. FREE breakfast
4. FREE shuttle for local area, including the Mall
5. Gym is blah but there, as is pool.
6. Rooms are clean
7. Front desk staff is really friendly
8. Right next to a McDonalds, gas station, convenience store, etc.

Cons
-------
1. Heating is hard to regulate when the supplementary heat is on. I had the window open all night during -20 temps to regulate the heat.

2. Come on, staff. Let's get the shovel out and shovel the parking lot. It is Minneapolis, after all. Have fun in the "slip and slide" parking lot when it snows.

3. Nonsmoking rooms are on the same floor as smoking rooms so, basically, you have to keep the windows open if someone on your floor is smoking or else the smoke will end up in your room. Quite disgusting.

4. Breakfast coffee was deplorable and 'free' cookies are a joke. Breakfast spread is not too bad, however; some available healthy options: apples, bananas, yogurt, and oatmeal.

5. Only 6 or so restaurants will deliver to this location, and only 2 are worth ordering from. Even some pizza places won't deliver to this location!

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed June 5, 2006

We loved this hotel and now look for this chain wherever we travel. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, the suites are huge, the free breakfast is great, the pool is nice, and most of all, the fresh baked cookies in the lobby are heavenly!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006